These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Every time this gets me. . .

First post
Author
Holgrak Blacksmith
Prophets of Motav
#1 - 2013-04-02 11:18:05 UTC
I'm a UK player, I just about get used to the clocks going forward/backward with respect to downtime, and then the clocks change again.

Was wondering why there had been such a huge downtime until I remembered british summer time.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#2 - 2013-04-02 11:35:45 UTC
Yeah. It's annoying. They should simply abolish the summer/winter time shenanigans and stick with standard time zones.
Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#3 - 2013-04-02 11:37:40 UTC
Once i take over the world you will all adapt to my time, that will stop this silly whining about time Twisted
Othran
Route One
#4 - 2013-04-02 13:29:37 UTC
Should just call it daylight saving time in the UK.

After the last few summers calling it "British Summer Time" is frankly taking the ****.
Dave Stark
#5 - 2013-04-02 13:31:21 UTC
Othran wrote:
Should just call it daylight saving time in the UK.

After the last few summers calling it "British Summer Time" is frankly taking the ****.

"british summer time"

pretty sure there's still snow in my garden...
Nataliya Barre
Men of Mayhem Inc.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#6 - 2013-04-02 13:47:53 UTC
Thought it was called British Rain Season Lol
saltrock0000
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-04-02 13:53:14 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Yeah. It's annoying. They should simply abolish the summer/winter time shenanigans and stick with standard time zones.

Totally agree! Its not like the UK has much of a summer anyway!

\'''\<(o_O)>/'''/

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-04-02 13:55:10 UTC
Nataliya Barre wrote:
Thought it was called British Rain Season Lol

No, there's no point defining a season for rain in the UK because it's a 365-day cycle. 366 in leap years.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-04-02 13:55:59 UTC
Rana Ash wrote:
Once i take over the world you will all adapt to my time, that will stop this silly whining about time Twisted

Will you kindly make it a decimal system? This base-12 crap gets on my nerves Evil

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

iskflakes
#10 - 2013-04-02 13:56:47 UTC
Summer/winter time is an outdated concept. It causes more trouble than it's worth because lighting is so cheap these days and the need to stay synchronized with people in other timezones is more important than ever. The government needs to nerf summer/winter time.

-

Beckie DeLey
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-04-02 14:01:00 UTC
While you are at it, also nuke that stupid crap about feet, pounds, inches, ounzes and whatever else you dreamed up during the 11th century. Seriously, it's time to bury the middle age for good and get on with the times.

My siren's name is Brick and she is the prettiest.

Doctor Ape MD
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-04-02 14:48:32 UTC
Beckie DeLey wrote:
While you are at it, also nuke that stupid crap about feet, pounds, inches, ounzes and whatever else you dreamed up during the 11th century. Seriously, it's time to bury the middle age for good and get on with the times.

Eve should go back to measuring speed in furlongs per fortnight.
Solhild
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-04-02 17:49:58 UTC
I have no idea why we change the clocks - stick with GMT/UTC in this region all year round.

If people work in a specific industry where it matters and want darker mornings & lighter evenings then simply start work an hour earlier in the Summer and finish an hour earlier too.

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#14 - 2013-04-02 17:53:18 UTC
Doctor Ape MD wrote:
Beckie DeLey wrote:

Eve should go back to measuring speed in furlongs per fortnight.

Only if they also remodel the ships.
Alara IonStorm
#15 - 2013-04-02 17:53:44 UTC
Daylight Savings Time Explained.

Nothing to do with the thread but very interesting.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#16 - 2013-04-02 17:54:00 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
Summer/winter time is an outdated concept. It causes more trouble than it's worth because lighting is so cheap these days and the need to stay synchronized with people in other timezones is more important than ever. The government needs to nerf summer/winter time.

nerf nerf nerf, damn it, enough already.

Governments need to BUFF time with extra minutes per hour (so it seems like I'm actually getting some sleep when i play EVe too long at night) and a new hour called "DarkAsHell O'clock" (between midnight and 1am). NO MORe NERFS.

*Jenn has PTNSD, Post Traumatic Nerf Stress Syndrome*
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#17 - 2013-04-02 18:03:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Beckie DeLey wrote:

We did, it's called decimalisation, we can still use the old imperial measurements, but they have to be used alongside metric equivalents for it to be legal. Even our fuel is sold by the litre these days.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Setaceous
Nexus Prima
#18 - 2013-04-02 19:36:22 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Beckie DeLey wrote:

We did, it's called decimalisation, we can still use the old imperial measurements, but they have to be used alongside metric equivalents for it to be legal. Even our fuel is sold by the litre these days.

Indeed. The only people that use Imperial seriously these days are old British people (who don't like change) and those in the US (who like to be different just for the sake of being different).
David Estarra
Starside Lost
#19 - 2013-04-02 21:43:59 UTC
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I hate the clocks going forward an hour, I'd much rather stay on UTC/GMT all year round. Especially in the middle of summer (ha) when it's still light at 11pm and I'm trying to sleep..

[IMG]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/ChrisW73/DSigFinal.jpg[/IMG]

Pantiy
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-04-02 21:52:25 UTC
it has nothing to dow with time savings or any of the mess you guys are chatting about. it is CCP's downtime to repair and un screw the hamsters.

also if you dont like time switching move to arizona in the usa, they have none.... USA #1
12Next page