These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

petition - Bring back old Rattlesnake

Author
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-04-02 00:06:26 UTC
I do like that old fitting window, though

Hello, hello again.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-04-02 00:28:22 UTC
TBH, if basing preferences on appearance, none of the Caldari BS hulls look good. The Rokh is a perfect example of a flying box. Ugh

Main reason I want to get into that Drake is how it looks. It doesn't look cheezy; weird (Moa!) and even looks mean in a certain way.

The style offering for BS classes is a reason I'm in no hurry to get into one. Can paint them red, string lights around them, make them cost 10m...it's not something I want in my hanger.

While mining in a grav site a guy raced in with his Scorp and I got a chance to view it more closely -- I said to myself, no way I'm flying that thing (like in WoW no way did I bother to get the scorp mount, even when I was exalted).

It's because those things look cheezy.

A Drake looks like a gray boat you'd expect from a navy. It's hull looks like a spaceship. It simply fits the spacefighter theme. The Scorpion ship looks like a Happy Meal prize in comparison.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Spurty
#23 - 2013-04-02 00:30:28 UTC
Don't normally post in these sorts of threads as I really only like the rifter and minmatar shuttle hulls, but the scorpion model is so well done I have to post to pooh-pooh your petition.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#24 - 2013-04-02 00:50:04 UTC
Symmetry is good.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#25 - 2013-04-02 04:55:22 UTC
The new Scorp/Rattle is indeed a bit cheesy. They should have made the stinger offset to one side, lower, and less obviously stinger-like. Then make one of the wings slightly different than the other to balance it out. Slight asymmetry, like the Millenium Falcon. But not totally wonky like the original Scorpion. And not so tongue in cheek as it is now. Just vaguely reminiscent of an actual scorpion. So it looks like the ship was named after it was built, not built from the ground up to look like a scorpion.

I wouldn't say the old one is better though. It was pretty terrible. What really needs to be reverted are the Angel ships. Get rid of the camo and go back to black! That nice slightly reddish/brownish black that they used to be. And desaturated window lights.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-04-02 05:08:31 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
The new Scorp/Rattle is indeed a bit cheesy. They should have made the stinger offset to one side, lower, and less obviously stinger-like. Then make one of the wings slightly different than the other to balance it out. Slight asymmetry, like the Millenium Falcon. But not totally wonky like the original Scorpion. And not so tongue in cheek as it is now. Just vaguely reminiscent of an actual scorpion. So it looks like the ship was named after it was built, not built from the ground up to look like a scorpion.

I wouldn't say the old one is better though. It was pretty terrible. What really needs to be reverted are the Angel ships. Get rid of the camo and go back to black! That nice slightly reddish/brownish black that they used to be. And desaturated window lights.

Looks good.

CCP, just give us a choice that matches the tastes of conservatives; moderates and liberals. As that what it comes down too in artistic taste.

And that Drake is popular not just because of it's tank or HAMs, it's a ship that a player can fly without feeling they just left a disco.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Rez Valintine
The Virus Vault
#27 - 2013-04-02 05:28:10 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
I bet you like the Moa too.

Moa looks pretty good. As does the dominix. Nobody's gonna believe me 'cause it's April 1st.

Pretty sure the date has nothing to do with it. Lol
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#28 - 2013-04-02 05:28:27 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Unezka Turigahl wrote:

Looks good.

CCP, just give us a choice that matches the tastes of conservatives; moderates and liberals. As that what it comes down too in artistic taste.

And that Drake is popular not just because of it's tank or HAMs, it's a ship that a player can fly without feeling they just left a disco.

So... you prefer shovels to bugs. Noted.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2013-04-02 06:15:10 UTC
There's always going to be someone who thinks the old model was better, but that doesn't mean the artists should cater to them.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Cyprus Black
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2013-04-02 08:55:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyprus Black
The ship model was absolutely horrible in every sense. Glad to see it gone.

I do however miss the old ship fitting style. Seemed a lot more intuitive and made more sense than the new one. The new one seems too "futuristic" and stylish to the point of being annoying.

A few changes could have been made to the old layout that gave important information in a better way. I just LOVE the look of where the high mid and low slots are positioned. I really don't care much for a ring with the ship model in the middle.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#31 - 2013-04-02 09:03:11 UTC
New fitting window is way more clean, attractive, and easy to read in my opinion. Plus it lets you ship spin two copies of your ship at the same time so... yeah.
Previous page12