These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Proposal] Show damage done to own drones in logs

Author
sticed
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-03-22 20:32:29 UTC  |  Edited by: sticed
Damage you directly inflict to others Arrow Log
Damage you directly get from others Arrow Log
Damage your drones inflict to others Arrow Log
Damage your drones get from others Question

If damage your drones receive would also be displayed and logged, it would ...

be easier to see if someone aggroed your drones
    be easier to see aggro changes in PVE
    allow to track damage your drones receive

It might not be a big thing, but if someone/something attacks my drones, i would like to see it the same way i see every other damage i receive or inflict. It is illogical the way it is now.
Bahr Cudas
Beta Ray Bill
#2 - 2013-03-31 22:21:13 UTC
Not a bad idea. I'd also like to see what drones have damage to their armor & hull when they're in the drone bay. That way we can send out the ones in better shape when we're up to our elbows in a fight.
Cyprus Black
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-04-02 08:45:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyprus Black
I'd like to add in to this proposal if I may.

We should also receive an audible alarm when our drones initially start to take damage.

When a drone is taking damage, it should flash red in the drone control window in the same way players in the Watch List window flash red when they start taking damage.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Daedra Blue
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-04-02 13:05:22 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
I'd like to add in to this proposal if I may.

We should also receive an audible alarm when our drones initially start to take damage.

When a drone is taking damage, it should flash red in the drone control window in the same way players in the Watch List window flash red when they start taking damage.

Thumbs up for this. More drone transparency. This will make droneboats more manageable and using drones all-around more fun and meaningful. A lot of feedback from what happens to your drones is missing. And for god's sake make a hotkey for mining drone's mine repeatedly.
Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#5 - 2013-04-02 14:02:31 UTC
I agree with this. Many times I've missed my drones where being damaged, because I only have a little screen (which I have to expand several times) and my camera to notice they're being attacked. And I'm not a drone boat user. I hope this and other drone issues are being improved in the next expansio or major update.