These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Farewell, chums! Rifterlings is moving on (and up)!

Author
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#1 - 2013-04-01 18:35:09 UTC
Throughout the recent warzone victory of the Minmatar over the blundering Amarr slavers, Rifterlings has again and again proven their combat prowess and ability to overcome any obstacle for warzone domination. Flying either under the banner of Ushra'Khan or independently, we have always had grand success at coming out victorious. However, given the recent trouncing of Amarr forces and the subsequent dying-down of the FW arena, we have decided to move on... and up!

We have been in continuing negotiations with a variety of nullsec alliances about a possible new home. The outcome? We will be rebuilding bridges burned long ago, and making peace with Curatores Veritatis Alliance (CVA) as we join them in settling and securing Providence. We will be providing roaming support both as light fleets (to repel pirates) and as tackle, scouting and other light support for large combat fleets. We will also be playing a front-line role in a campaign for expansion into new space, though unfortunately I cannot divulge more details at this time.

Anyway, thanks for all the fish! And, if you are also tired of the FW warzone and would like to join us, we are expanding our recruitment in the coming weeks in order to bolster our numbers. Enemies and allies are welcome, as faction standings are irrelevant in nullsec.

Cheers! o7

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Ginger Barbarella
#2 - 2013-04-01 18:40:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Barbarella
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
We will be rebuilding bridges burned long ago, and making peace with Curatores Veritatis Alliance (CVA) as we join them in settling and securing Providence.

Oooh, this should be good!!! *grabs popcorn and soda* Twisted

"Guys, fire up the Orca!! We're moving to Provi to watch the new soap opera there!!"

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Munir Elarik
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-04-01 19:02:08 UTC
Yes, I am quite excited about the move. FW has been pretty boring since we crushed the slavers. I'm ready to try living in nullsec. Considering the upcoming resource rebalance, now's a good time go to nullsec.
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#4 - 2013-04-01 19:03:36 UTC
Personally I feel that this will be a great new direction for us. As I sat in the warzone getting constant fights and leading my small group of elite frigate/destroyer/cruiser pilots I often felt that my lack of mining was depriving me of a true "EvE experience". Thankfully that ill all be rectified soon, and with the incorporation of fully open recruitment, the dawn of Point Blank Alliance has come.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#5 - 2013-04-01 19:08:32 UTC
I see what you did there.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Gibbous Outamon
Scrap Metal Squadron
#6 - 2013-04-01 19:13:47 UTC
I for one am looking forward to flying my interdictor.
Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#7 - 2013-04-01 19:21:33 UTC
One of the funnier things about this thread is that according to Provibloc KoS list, you'd still be red with most of Amarr militia.
Flyingleanpocket
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#8 - 2013-04-01 19:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Flyingleanpocket
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Throughout the recent warzone victory of the Minmatar over the blundering Amarr slavers, Rifterlings has again and again proven their combat prowess and ability to overcome any obstacle for warzone domination.

Heh, April Fools!

See you out there o/

Edit: And Pinky has a good point.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#9 - 2013-04-01 19:24:50 UTC
Pinky Feldman wrote:
One of the funnier things about this thread is that according to Provibloc KoS list, you'd still be red with most of Amarr militia.

Nobody said we wouldn't keep up a presence in the warzone. By using the JB system, we can get to KBP7-G easily, from which Kamela is 3 jumps out (KBP7-G -> Dital -> Choonka -> Kamela). In fact, it may turn out that we have better access to the warzone front lines than we do from our current staging system.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Derek Wiildstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-04-01 19:56:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Derek Wiildstar
Upon hearing this direction I was elated. As many of you know, rifterlings now spends 90-110% of our time mining, WHing, and salvaging wreaks from other fleets. Moving out to 0.0 will allow us to bear in peace without pesky FWeddit blobs or "amarrain butt hurt" interfering with our care bearing activities. No longer will we have to worry about people bringing PvP into our plexes and asteroid belts or the Amarr deciding that the war zone is worth fighting over and taking away our missioning stations.
Altaen
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#11 - 2013-04-01 20:00:36 UTC
*applause*
Inora Aknaria
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-04-01 20:06:21 UTC
Posting to say we have the better corp name.
Gritz1
Ice Fire Warriors
#13 - 2013-04-01 20:10:42 UTC
Inora Aknaria wrote:
Posting to say we have the better corp name.

confirming
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#14 - 2013-04-01 20:10:59 UTC
Posting in a FW thread.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#15 - 2013-04-01 20:23:44 UTC
Munir Elarik wrote:
Yes, I am quite excited about the move. FW has been pretty boring since we crushed the slavers. I'm ready to try living in nullsec. Considering the upcoming resource rebalance, now's a good time go to nullsec.

I can't see going to null sec for the pvp. But if you are going for carebear reasons that makes sense. I anticipate ccp will be throwing allot of isk at null sec in the "farms and fields" expansion.

Either way sorry to see you go, been fun fightin y'all.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#16 - 2013-04-01 20:37:08 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Munir Elarik wrote:

I can't see going to null sec for the pvp. But if you are going for carebear reasons that makes sense. I anticipate ccp will be throwing allot of isk at null sec in the "farms and fields" expansion.

Either way sorry to see you go, been fun fightin y'all.

i think this is a bit of an oversimplification. We have always been willing to PVP as a means to secure resources. Point Blank Alliance will have plenty of fleets out camping chokepoint gates to keep out invaders.
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#17 - 2013-04-01 20:40:02 UTC
I for one am appalled by the direction Petrus Blackshell has taken the corp in. Under his leadership, a mere few dozen players have managed to squander thousands of ships to little or no gain.

I will be leaving Rifterlings to form a new FW corp, Naglisks, that will be dedicated to high-stakes capital warfare and pvp excellence. Please shoot me an evemail if you are interested. (No time wasters; characters with <60 million SP need not apply).
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#18 - 2013-04-01 20:57:17 UTC
Milton Middleson wrote:

I will be leaving Rifterlings to form a new FW corp, Naglisks, that will be dedicated to high-stakes capital warfare and pvp excellence. Please shoot me an evemail if you are interested. (No time wasters; characters with <60 million SP need not apply).

Further, each applicant will need to provide proof of at least 3 below-class solo kills and must have proof of link alt.
BadFC
Doomheim
#19 - 2013-04-01 23:21:35 UTC
uh... is it still April 1st?
Ginger Barbarella
#20 - 2013-04-01 23:51:29 UTC
BadFC wrote:
uh... is it still April 1st?

Are you implying that the OP's post was--- was--- FAKE!?!?!?!?!?!

Sad

I was expecting some real drama... too bad it's just more lameness on the part of the Rifterlings. Sad

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

12Next page