These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Farmatar: Or why fw is totally broken

First post
Author
Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#101 - 2013-04-01 13:17:43 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Takseen wrote:
And the vast majority of plex farming occurs in backwaters with no stations, precisely because few people care to defend them.

Most systems have stations so its wrong to say the vast majority of plexing occurs in systems with no stations.

But again the amin reason no one cares about the sov game is because its a bad game. If the fw sov were a good game then people would do it and care about it.

They don't want to defend them because it is pretty much an impossible and boring task with these mechanics. Change the mechanics and we have lots of pvp, fighting for sov thoughout the warzone. It would be a good game that people would care about.

Depends where you live. Near us there's a ton of worthless systems that just flip back and forth because they aren't worth defending.

Look at Semou, only two stations in the entire constellation; ezzara, sif, raa and oyeman are just wastelands.

And that entire constellation between roush and tara. Virtually no one lives there so even though there are a few station systems there's no point looking after them.
2manno Asp
Death By Design
#102 - 2013-04-01 13:28:48 UTC
Machiavelli's Nemesis wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

Edit: The difference is the gals somtimes fight and the minnies run away.

That certainly explains when the Minnie/Amarr warzone is almost ENTIRELY Minmatar controlled. Yup, Minmatar just run.

Amarr just cry endlessly regardless of what's actually going on.

I remember not too long ago Colt died in a plex to our scout, the fight was over a good 20 seconds before any of the rest of the fleet arrived and he still managed to spend a good few minutes crying about blobs and dishonour in local.

Broken whinebot is broken.

and whiny butthurt players endlessly paint 3,900+ members of a militia with the color of just one.

broken whinebot truly is broken.
Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#103 - 2013-04-01 13:30:26 UTC
2manno Asp wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

That certainly explains when the Minnie/Amarr warzone is almost ENTIRELY Minmatar controlled. Yup, Minmatar just run.

I remember not too long ago Colt died in a plex to our scout, the fight was over a good 20 seconds before any of the rest of the fleet arrived and he still managed to spend a good few minutes crying about blobs and dishonour in local.

and whiny butthurt players endlessly paint 3,900+ members of a militia with the color of just one.

"Unlike ostension, which is the act of showing or pointing to a sample, exemplification is possession of a property plus reference to its label (Goodman, 1976). For example, if a color sample has the property labelled 'green', then the color sample exemplifies green. Basically, possession of a property amounts to being referred to by its label.

Exemplification means using examples to explain, convince, or amuse. Lending interest and information to writing, exemplification is one of the most common and effective ways to developing ideas. Examples may be developed in a sentence or more, or they may be only phrases or even single words, as in the following sentence: "Children like packaged breakfast foods, such as Wheaties, Cheerios, and Rice Krispies.""
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#104 - 2013-04-01 13:51:44 UTC
FW is really total broken sh...
30minutes gaming. 4 targets engaged in total. Every target was stabbed and minmatar^^
Have given it up for today.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#105 - 2013-04-01 14:05:17 UTC
Posting in another "I'm too much of a pussy to look for fights where pvp'ers live and am complaining that there are farmers in backwater systems" thread.
Mehashi 'Kho
New Eden Motion Pictures
#106 - 2013-04-01 14:34:42 UTC
I don't think it's broken I just think some people have difficulties accepting the realities of the situation. IE - people have different motives at different times for their actions.

There are 3 ways I plex, depending on my objective. I am not alone in this.

Situation 1 - I have just lost a ship and have no replacement / account needs a plex / sudden monetary need.

I will use a ridiculously fast aligning ship, I will position myself at a safe distance from the warpin, and should anything appear that I don't believe has a geniune interest in contesting the plex I will leave, and run another plex or return as soon as possible. You can feel free to say that this should be nerfed but here is my angle. I don't enjoy long periods of pve, I need to replace X, to replace X will take me say 1 hour if I run 3 plexes. If I have a fight there is a chance I will die, if I die it takes me 20 mins to go reship, and now i'm looking at an hour and a half of pve before I can get back to what I want to be doing. Ergo, having a fight when I have a higher objective only delays my objective, result - evasive playstyle for that period.

Situation 2 - I care about the system and intend to (de)contest it. More common.

Here I use a 2 ship combo to speed the influence up, I will have my main in a pvp ship ready to fight for plexes if needed, but I will also have an alt running down timers while I am not under threat. If something appears on short scan to my alt I warp him out and bring in my main from wherever he was to have the fight, when I replace my gfx card this will change but only in as much as the alt will fight his own fights, while my main continues to run his own beacon (I currently have to tab one out). The key thing here that is relevant to the farmers not being active participants is - I run the plex with my main, but because there is no way to trade LP in this game and I am a pirate (making it hard to cash in LP), I WARP MY ALT IN TO COLLECT THE PAYOUT. I have capitalised the important part. This character is very active in fighting the warzone but I doubt you'll ever see him on the top VP board because LP logged on this character is hard to use.

Situation 3
- The most common, I'm just out in a cheap ship looking for 1v1s or small scale pewpew.

More or less speaks for itself, I'll take a ship and run up and down pipes, sometimes i'll open a plex and wait for something to come to me, more often I invade open plexes (people tend to take fights more if you let them set up first). If i'm setting up inside I either snuggle the beacon or pull range, as is appropriate for the ship i've decided to lose that day.

My point here is that the fuss about farming invokes a false dichotomy. IE you are either a pvper or a farmer. I see myself every day - squids in the warzone, who I KNOW are active pvpers - and they run when I land on scans. You know why I don't b*tch about that? Because I know they are probably replacing a ship or saving for a new pod, and there is a fair chance i'll see them in space when they have it. Of course there are alt's of people out of fw, and yeah some of them have an influence on a few systems no-one lives in, but the benefit to pvp in fw low sec as a whole radically obscures that in my opinion.

I agree the system isn't perfect, but it's pretty bloody awesome if you ask me. Timer rollbacks seem like a pretty sound idea, multiple spawns have had a good argument too. I can't say I agree though that a non player owned entity with no investment should be supplying intel (quite different from a player owned asset like a POCO or POS), so I can't support the notification for plexes idea. Either way, if I log on and decide I want to make ISK, that is available to me, and if as last night I log on and want a fight, I had to fly for no more than 3 or 4 minutes before I got one. If I want to fight no-one can force me to pve, and if I want to make isk, no-one can force me to fight. FW is awesome, even if it's not the utopia you had in mind.
2manno Asp
Death By Design
#107 - 2013-04-01 14:46:57 UTC
2manno Asp wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

"Unlike ostension, which is the act of showing or pointing to a sample, exemplification is possession of a property plus reference to its label (Goodman, 1976). For example, if a color sample has the property labelled 'green', then the color sample exemplifies green. Basically, possession of a property amounts to being referred to by its label.

Exemplification means using examples to explain, convince, or amuse. Lending interest and information to writing, exemplification is one of the most common and effective ways to developing ideas. Examples may be developed in a sentence or more, or they may be only phrases or even single words, as in the following sentence: "Children like packaged breakfast foods, such as Wheaties, Cheerios, and Rice Krispies.""

or more simply, you're old fashioned prejudiced.

Prejudice: an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics. - Mirriam Webster, m-w.com.

pretty much exemplifies the whiny butthurt players that endlessy paint 3,900+ members of a milita with the color of just one.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#108 - 2013-04-01 14:56:35 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Takseen wrote:
And the vast majority of plex farming occurs in backwaters with no stations, precisely because few people care to defend them.

Most systems have stations so its wrong to say the vast majority of plexing occurs in systems with no stations.

But again the amin reason no one cares about the sov game is because its a bad game. If the fw sov were a good game then people would do it and care about it.

They don't want to defend them because it is pretty much an impossible and boring task with these mechanics. Change the mechanics and we have lots of pvp, fighting for sov thoughout the warzone. It would be a good game that people would care about.

Depends where you live. Near us there's a ton of worthless systems that just flip back and forth because they aren't worth defending.

Look at Semou, only two stations in the entire constellation; ezzara, sif, raa and oyeman are just wastelands.

And that entire constellation between roush and tara. Virtually no one lives there so even though there are a few station systems there's no point looking after them.

I was just pointing out that most systems in fw space have a station, so the no station excuse doesn't really work.

Its true that fw players do not inhabit as many systems as they used to. This is due largely to station lockouts. So yes large swaths of fw space are relatively uninhabited by fw players.

But my point is that if fighting for sov throughout the war zone was fun, people would do it, and they would care about it. But the main reason no one cares now is because it is broken. People care about winning good games. People don't care about winning bad games.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#109 - 2013-04-01 15:02:04 UTC
2manno Asp wrote:

Prejudice: an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics. - Mirriam Webster, m-w.com.

pretty much exemplifies the whiny butthurt players that endlessy paint 3,900+ members of a milita with the color of just one.

I've been shooting amarrs for going on 4 years. At this point you're all just orange buttons that cause hilarious crying in local when i press them.

I'm fairly sure most of you aren't even sentient.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#110 - 2013-04-01 15:06:00 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Posting in another "I'm too much of a ***** to look for fights where pvp'ers live and am complaining that there are farmers in backwater systems" thread.

Its another thread about carebear's, hide and seek plexing, deciding sov in 90% of fw systems. You clearly don't mind this. We know, as long as gallente can outblob the enemy in your base system, you don't care.

But there are allot of players who disagree with you, and so the threads will no doubt continue.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#111 - 2013-04-01 15:42:53 UTC
Cearain wrote:
posting ignorance again...

You complain about people not wanting to have fun fighting for sov, and yet there were 600 kills in the Nenna, Enaluri, Akidagi cluster in the past 24 hours - most of which was plex fighting.

2manno Asp
Death By Design
#112 - 2013-04-01 16:05:44 UTC
2manno Asp wrote:

I've been shooting amarrs for going on 4 years. At this point you're all just orange buttons that cause hilarious crying in local when i press them.

well i can't speak for most of them. i don't know most of them.

but i can tell you aren't.
Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#113 - 2013-04-01 16:23:30 UTC
2manno Asp wrote:
2manno Asp wrote:

Ooooh, a response. This gives me a chance to try out my new prototype Amarrian Response Generator.

*shakes amarrbot3000*

"all signs point to banana"?

Hmmm, that doesn't seem to work so well.

*shakes amarrbot3000 again*

"HERP U CANT FIET U JUST FARM IN BLOB LOLOL"

that's a bit better. Petulant, whiny and basically irrelevant to the subject at hand. Perfect amarr insult :)

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#114 - 2013-04-01 17:21:06 UTC
Quote:
Posting in another "I'm too much of a ***** to look for fights where pvp'ers live and am complaining that there are farmers in backwater systems" thread.

Yes because Enaluri+ Nennamalia and all systems 1 jump around are backwater systems^^
Congrats.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#115 - 2013-04-01 17:31:35 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Quote:
Yes because Enaluri+ Nennamalia and all systems 1 jump around are backwater systems^^ Congrats.
I guess we agree that you know where to find fights while you are online. Your issue is that you don't enjoy chasing minimum skill alts all across the map.

So, perhaps you should spend time where people pvp and have fun while you are in-game. (?)

Edit: I guess you are saying that you're the only person in Eve that can't find a fight in a three system cluster where there have been 600 kills in the past 24 hours.
2manno Asp
Death By Design
#116 - 2013-04-01 17:39:48 UTC  |  Edited by: 2manno Asp
2manno Asp wrote:
2manno Asp wrote:

Ooooh, a response. This gives me a chance to try out my new prototype Amarrian Response Generator.

*shakes amarrbot3000*

that's a bit better. Petulant, whiny and basically irrelevant to the subject at hand. Perfect amarr insult :)

lol, not getting your way, so the lower level insults come out eh? what's next? you banged my mom jokes? is this is you showing how you can dish out insults, but not take them?

or is it more like, one minmater pilot insults the entire amarr milita and he's lauded a conqueror, one amarr pilot stands up to him, and he's an idiot (or was it not sentient)?

and you talk about whining, whiny man. your perfect hypocrisy is perfect. not that i expect you to get it, or stop insulting people, or to quit whining. wouldn't you have to be sentient for that? i fully expect some new insults to drive home the frustration of how ugly it is to look in your mirror.

"HERP U CANT FIET U JUST FARM IN BLOB LOLOL". whiny tears of prejudiced, post wasters are my food.
Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#117 - 2013-04-01 17:43:37 UTC
2manno Asp wrote:
2manno Asp wrote:
2manno Asp wrote:

*shakes amarrbot3000*

lol, not getting your way, so the lower level insults come out eh? what's next? you banged my mom jokes? is this is you showing how you can dish out insults, but not take them?

or is it more like, one minmater pilot insults the entire amarr milita and he's lauded a conqueror, one amarr pilot stands up to him, and he's an idiot (or was it not sentient)?

and you talk about whining, whiny man. your perfect hypocrisy is perfect. not that i expect you to get it, or stop insulting people, or to quit whining. wouldn't you have to be sentient for that? i fully expect some new insults to drive home the frustration of how ugly it is to look in your mirror.

"HERP U CANT FIET U JUST FARM IN BLOB LOLOL". whiny tears of prejudiced, post wasters are my food.

Once again, thank you for neatly encapsulating my point. :)
2manno Asp
Death By Design
#118 - 2013-04-01 17:59:16 UTC

putting you in your place is what i do.

think of me as your savior, sweetie.
Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#119 - 2013-04-01 18:10:55 UTC
2manno Asp wrote:

putting you in your place is what i do.

think of me as your savior, sweetie.

^_^

Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2013-04-01 18:17:09 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Exploration is really total broken sh...
30minutes gaming. 4 unknown sigs scanned down in total. Every sig was a wormhole to a C5.
Have given it up for today.

Seriously though, you will get dry spells now and then.
And its not like if you made FW bunkers uncloak and infinipoint anyone who landed on them while personally sending a text message alert to every member of the opposing miltia with their ship type and fitting that they'd be full of targets. I suppose no targets would be less frustrating than targets that turn out to be false leads. But it'd also ruin things for people who use the LP to fund their pvp.