These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Null sec alliances, questions

First post First post
Author
Ghazu
#21 - 2013-03-30 09:55:46 UTC
lol so many distraught battered women syndrome victims

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-03-30 11:05:20 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
when the roles were reversed last year, goons showed that they themselves are surprisingly thin-skinned when it comes to people making fun of their rl deads.

I must have missed the part where we declared an eternal holy war to explicitly drive another alliance out of the game because of somebody making fun of Vile Rat's death.

I mean, that sounds like a fairly major event, so it must have generated a great deal of forum noise. I'm sure you'll be able to point me towards some of it.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-03-30 13:05:57 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
dude called Smoske died in a car accident, his father posted an eulogy on these forums, people were sad because he had been a nice dude and had contributed a lot to the community (it's thanks to him that we have eve killboards) - and goons felt the need to dance on his grave.

when the roles were reversed last year, goons showed that they themselves are surprisingly thin-skinned when it comes to people making fun of their rl deads.

What?RollShocked

Having lost my own mom, antics like that is the epitome of low life behavior. If they were proud of such behavior, more so.

But I generally don't like fat giant groups, as they're like Wal-Mart and not healthy for communities (and from reading that, yeah, cancerous even).

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

BORRIS DEMONTFORD
THE OFFENDERS
#24 - 2013-03-30 13:32:50 UTC
My hate is arbitrary.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-03-30 15:51:57 UTC
Goons are just like us, except they **** off hi-sec carebears.

I don't hate them, they are fun to shoot at.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#26 - 2013-03-30 15:55:01 UTC
A thread about goons and only two pages? Something's not right....
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-03-30 17:01:22 UTC
Tesal wrote:
You do what TheMittani tells you to do and when to do it. You are the slaves of whatever jihad he declares.

Hah, no.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-03-30 17:20:15 UTC
People hate Goons because they're a different playstyle. That's more or less the tl;dr.
Goon's style, traditionally, is to enter online communities and **** it up. A lot of their actions are designed around frustrating or annoying other players. Some will agree and find it amusing, others (obviously) will not.

Much like TEST, they have a very distinct "culture" which many people either dislike or cannot adjust to (the act of ****ing it up), and the end result is a dislike or hatred of the group as a whole. In particular, a lot of non-nullsec players find the Goon playstyle at complete odds to their own and it gives them an easy scapegoat. This is amplified by the Goons simply not caring about it.

This doesn't mean the Goons are "Evil". For example, the Goons seem to care greatly about their own (see: all newbie programs) and provide a lot of entertainment (Burn Jita) for a lot of players.

Well, that's how I see it. Hope it provides a little insight. As someone said above, check out this article.
Kamden Line
Sovereign Citizen and other Tax Evasion Schemes
#29 - 2013-03-30 17:41:51 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
Tippia wrote:
[quote=Methelic Mahyisti]And why is it people hate them in this game?
Because they don't subscribe to whatever assumed rules and cultural conventions that people think that they should subscribe to according to some random “good EVE citizen” dogma. In particular, they will antagonise anyone who treats a game as serious business or important in any way.

This will be a good read to answer your question.

thats a skewed way of putting it, one that makes the Goons seem like your typical disney movie outcast protagonist while the rest of EVE are the mean posh folk that look down on the poor Goons for not meeting their high standards.
Not biased at all.

Goon alt detected? I think so.
/quote]

You must be one of those people who reads EVENEWS 24 and thinks it's a good news source.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-03-30 18:46:38 UTC
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
I thought people hated on Goons because it costs $500 million to join their corp.

Which, to be honest, is pretty steep for a new character but very manageable for characters after a couple of months (or just one PLEX!)

P.S. Totally worth every penny.

It's only 300m if you come through me. Special rates because its zombie Jesus week.
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2013-03-30 19:47:37 UTC
we understand the meaning of power, and that it is largely forcing others to do what you want

it turns out eve players can be extremely whiny about getting a bit stuck between their teeth and ridden around like a donkey
Krazynikomo
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-03-30 19:49:29 UTC
HVAC Repairman wrote:
they hate us because we are literally bob

Nope, that's us.
Holgrak Blacksmith
Prophets of Motav
#33 - 2013-03-30 21:01:01 UTC
8/10

This is a competent piece of trolling.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#34 - 2013-03-30 22:12:23 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
They hate us because we are free.

Like they hated Cool Hand Luke c/d?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-03-30 23:48:18 UTC
I don't know. I'm sure there are plenty of goons that are nice and don't post on the forums, but the ones that do seem to be all uppity and full of superiority smugness for the simple fact a 13,000 man alliance let them in.

But what do I know. I could be an alt of a goonswarm member who simply chooses to not let anyone know on the forums that he belongs.

Though, I did think it was funny yet sad when it was threatened to kick a goonswarm member unless he payed 100 million for typing in all caps in an intel channel. Hopefully that won't give me away.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-03-31 00:22:25 UTC
EvilweaselSA wrote:
we understand the meaning of power, and that it is largely forcing others to do what you want

it turns out eve players can be extremely whiny about getting a bit stuck between their teeth and ridden around like a donkey

Wal-Mart is that away --->

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-03-31 00:29:20 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:

Though, I did think it was funny yet sad when it was threatened to kick a goonswarm member unless he payed 100 million for typing in all caps in an intel channel. Hopefully that won't give me away.

What's funnier is their requirements for mics. Apparently in all that intelligence gathering swarm they don't understand USB mics are horrible.

Which is why the pros (MLB+ gamers) use plugin mics for their Astro preamps. I was going to type in an education lesson on the ap form why the Sennheiser PC360 with it's plugs is superior, but I couldn't stop laughing and quickly exited the form.

It told me all I needed to know about the swarm -- dumb, dumb, dumb.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-03-31 08:52:52 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
Methelic Mahyisti wrote:

There's a lot of 'hate' on certain alliances. The best example must be Goonswarm Federation. I've been reading a bit about them and I just don't see what would fuel this hate.

Could some people here please help me find the reason for this? Without boiling the thread with additional hate please.

Keep it civil!

personally i don't like them because they make ****** posts on forums. It's very rare occasion when someone from goons posts something smart and useful. Most of the time people with mark "goon" can simply be ignored tho.

Complains about bad posting. Is a really bad poster.

NO U

my 7 yo daughter will like to speak with you - the same level Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#39 - 2013-03-31 11:32:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Corey Fumimasa
Methelic Mahyisti wrote:
Hello there! I've been playing the game for a little while now and there are some things I've witnessed but not really understood.

Since it's a sandbox and the game is designed to have players fight each other it's only natural that there will be some hostilities out there, often more the bigger difference there is between the players. An example is players who live in null sec and players who live in high security space.

There's a lot of 'hate' on certain alliances. The best example must be Goonswarm Federation. I've been reading a bit about them and I just don't see what would fuel this hate.

Could some people here please help me find the reason for this? Without boiling the thread with additional hate please.

Keep it civil!

Hey Methelic,

Welcome to Eve. I saw your question yesterday and have been thinking a bit about it. Goons specifically have won the game by playing it with a more "professional" mindset. They work at Eve, developing spreadsheets and communications networks that allow them to have have a very real impact on the game world.

They are comparable to a recreational sporting club that takes the game more seriously than many of the other teams playing. Games against them are not "fun". More like work. Casuals or recreational teams don't have much of a chance anyway.

They are the "best" team in Eve, but far from the most fun. And they keep the focus on their "take no prisoners" "win at any cost" playstyle which changes the game from a great space adventure into a dull grind more akin to a dead end job with a ****** manager.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#40 - 2013-03-31 14:13:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
They are the "best" team in Eve, but far from the most fun. And they keep the focus on their "take no prisoners" "win at any cost" playstyle which changes the game from a great space adventure into a dull grind more akin to a dead end job with a ****** manager.

A dull grind for the ones being beaten up and then camped into a station by Boat perhaps.
EvilweaselSA wrote:

Hot.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?