These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Talos: 90% webs at every gate?

Author
Diomidis
Pod Liberation Authority
#61 - 2011-10-30 17:20:32 UTC
What e-war will the other races use to balance a 90% web bonus?
With the Talos being a baby vindi, and the Tornado a baby Macha, will the amarr tier 3 BC be a Bhaal? No question about the Caldari, since faction BSs of that kind usually have mostly tank bonuses, and the Tier 3 BC won't be an ECM boat...

Imho it's too much to have 90% web, and re-hauled large blasters...

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#62 - 2011-10-30 20:08:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
Diomidis wrote:
With the Talos being a baby vindi, and the Tornado a baby Macha, will the amarr tier 3 BC be a Bhaal? No question about the Caldari, since faction BSs of that kind usually have mostly tank bonuses, and the Tier 3 BC won't be an ECM boat...

this is really spot on.

A teir 1 ship cant get a faction or recon bonus to help it, especially while the rest of the new class are left out with only direct sweapon bonuses.

Now if you wanted to change all tracking bonuses on all teir 1 gall ships to 5% (not 10%) per level of web strength, that would be somthing, and then make sense for the new teir 3 bc to have 5% strength too.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#63 - 2011-10-30 23:11:55 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
Diomidis wrote:

this is really spot on.

A teir 1 ship cant get a faction or recon bonus to help it, especially while the rest of the new class are left out with only direct sweapon bonuses.

Now if you wanted to change all tracking bonuses on all teir 1 gall ships to 5% (not 10%) per level of web strength, that would be somthing, and then make sense for the new teir 3 bc to have 5% strength too.

I want your range of engagement with my blasters, are you ok with that?

Lets see: 65km scorch pulse and without push it too far 75 for autos. I want 60 with my blasters, so I'll keep the closest range and no need web bonus.

I'm not asking anything else, just range for my blasters or ways to catch and hold my enemy's.

Why is it fair you can shoot from 65 or + km with your shortest range weapon system?

Why isn't fair the shortest range weapon system, to remind you end of fall off is about 25km scratching paint, to get something to hold targets and melt them?
Is their supposed niche or not?

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2011-10-30 23:33:38 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
Diomidis wrote:

this is really spot on.

I want your range of engagement with my blasters, are you ok with that?

Lets see: 65km scorch pulse and without push it too far 75 for autos. I want 60 with my blasters, so I'll keep the closest range and no need web bonus.

I'm not asking anything else, just range for my blasters or ways to catch and hold my enemy's.

Why is it fair you can shoot from 65 or + km with your shortest range weapon system?

Why isn't fair the shortest range weapon system, to remind you end of fall off is about 25km scratching paint, to get something to hold targets and melt them?

in all honesty, the web str bonus leaves me torn: it is a good bonus, and pretty much needed to make blasters work, but, it also feels like using bandaids to patch up a gunshot wound.

the leaked fixes feel like that too tbh.

oh and btw on the AC's, you can get that if you use one of the two falloff bonused battleships that currently exist, but on non-falloff bonused ships that's already inside the 2x falloff area, so below 50% damage.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2011-10-31 01:13:39 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:

You are complaining that blasters aren't pulse lasers.
Hatsumi Kobayashi
Perkone
Caldari State
#66 - 2011-10-31 02:28:43 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
I don't see you whiners about the Talos come up and say it's silly the shortest range weapons system is screwed with overpowered scorch pulses shooting nuclear dmg at 65km +

I don't see you whiners bothered because you have overall the best line up ships in eve

I don't see you whiners, at least once, admit gallente ships/guns are completely screwed

Now the Talos, if, he gets some web bonus are making you whine because you have to use tactics and brains.

Truth is none of the four tier3 BCs are balanced in the current metagame and while the numbers are fun in an EFT wet drem kind of way, it would be a mistake to let them reach Tranquility with anything resembling their current state.

No sig.

Astald Ohtar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2011-10-31 05:30:45 UTC
we should take off all ships & everyone should fly drakes !
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2011-10-31 06:12:38 UTC
Astald Ohtar wrote:
we should take off all ships & everyone should fly drakes !

This is a hilarious statement because if there is one thing these tier 3 BCs are going to counter, it's going to be the ubiquitous Drake and Hurricane fits that have been FOTM since just after Dominion. If they go live with stats as-is, CCP will have pulled off a magnificent troll on the entire community.
Tesh Sevateem
Cherry Candy Mountain
#69 - 2011-10-31 07:22:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tesh Sevateem
Lojak 2501 wrote:
where are you seeing the bonuses for the new ships?
ive been keeping an eye for them and cant find bonuses or stats
Changes
MukkBarovian
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#70 - 2011-10-31 07:52:42 UTC
Every roaming gang we take out will have a Talos. Every gatecamp. Every time we leave the home system to PVP and we're not rolling frigates or cloakies. Shield or Armor tanked.

Why?

Because 90% webs are deadly to jump into. When we put a serious fleet together there are specific ships needed. Dictors/Scout/Tackle Frig/3+ Logis/command ships... When all is said and done it isn't always workable to ask someone to spend 100 mil on a daredevil so **** can't get back to the gate. The people who can fly them may be doing other vital tasks. Now all we have to do is grab some idiot noob out of our blob of idiot noobs with some pocket change and BC 3 + Gallente Cruiser 3 and we're set.

Anybody feel like flying down to Catch USTZ?

Course for a serious camp nothing can beat multiple daredevils each being boosted by two remote sebos, a couple light dictors with delayed bubble, a loki/claymore, and some mid sized sebod arty boats. Dramiel won't make it back through that.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#71 - 2011-10-31 11:30:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
MukkBarovian wrote:
Every roaming gang we take out will have a Talos. Every gatecamp. Every time we leave the home system to PVP and we're not rolling frigates or cloakies. Shield or Armor tanked.

Why?

Because 90% webs are deadly to jump into. When we put a serious fleet together there are specific ships needed. Dictors/Scout/Tackle Frig/3+ Logis/command ships... When all is said and done it isn't always workable to ask someone to spend 100 mil on a daredevil so **** can't get back to the gate. The people who can fly them may be doing other vital tasks. Now all we have to do is grab some idiot noob out of our blob of idiot noobs with some pocket change and BC 3 + Gallente Cruiser 3 and we're set.

Anybody feel like flying down to Catch USTZ?

Course for a serious camp nothing can beat multiple daredevils each being boosted by two remote sebos, a couple light dictors with delayed bubble, a loki/claymore, and some mid sized sebod arty boats. Dramiel won't make it back through that.

You can already fit double web on hulls with double hp Talos will have.
2x 60% webs have more impact on targets than 1x 87% web, why people don't do it?
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2011-10-31 12:26:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Mfume Apocal
Tanya Powers wrote:
2x 60% webs have more impact on targets than 1x 87% web, why people don't do it?

Two questions:
1) Where did 87% come from? The closest thing I could think of is using an X5 web (with reduced strength) which doesn't make a whole lot of sense on a web strength-bonused hull.

2) Even if it was 87%, a single 87% web is more effective than 2x 60% webs. But realistically, people will put a 90% web on the Talos and in that case you need four 60% webs to (roughly) match it. And like Amarr laid out earlier, the Talos can simply fit two webs.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#73 - 2011-10-31 12:33:01 UTC
Mfume Apocal wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

Two questions:
1) Where did 87% come from? The closest thing I could think of is using an X5 web (with reduced strength) which doesn't make a whole lot of sense on a web strength-bonused hull.

2) Even if it was 87%, a single 87% web is more effective than 2x 60% webs. But realistically, people will put a 90% web on the Talos and in that case you need four 60% webs to (roughly) match it. And like Amarr laid out earlier, the Talos can simply fit two webs.

2 Answers

1-F.Y.A.

2-Why?
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2011-10-31 12:42:29 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
2 Answers

1-F.Y.A.

2-Why?

1. No idea what "FYA" means.
2. Because they want to make people move really slow? I dunno, I think it's the point of double webs in general, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#75 - 2011-10-31 13:59:16 UTC
To be honest if you get two normal webs on you then you suffer the same issue so I think your point is moot.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Tesh Sevateem
Cherry Candy Mountain
#76 - 2011-10-31 14:34:13 UTC
Wacktopia wrote:
To be honest if you get two normal webs on you then you suffer the same issue so I think your point is moot.
And what do you think two 90% webs will do to a ship?
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#77 - 2011-10-31 14:54:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Wacktopia
Tesh Sevateem wrote:
Wacktopia wrote:
And what do you think two 90% webs will do to a ship?

Probably about 95% web. About the same as 90% web. Because of diminishing returns. The effect will be that "you're not getting back to gate".

Point I'm making is; 90% web will make a massive difference for a solo ship but not a massive difference for a fleet because after 2-3 webs on you it doesn't really change a thing.

The tank of the Talos is so low that it is an unlikely choice for a solo gate camp. Even then the range of web and targeting speed will limit effectiveness. In a gang it will be a nice addition but nothing unique.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#78 - 2011-10-31 16:04:57 UTC
according to eft: a ship going 101m/s with one 90% web will go 10m/s and with two will go 2m/s.

The same 101m/s ship with a 60% web goes 41m/s, with two webs goes 21m/s with 3 goes 14m/s and with 4 goes 12.

So a talos with two 90% webs will slow a target by approx 98% (99% with 3) thats quite significantly better than an umlimited amount of normal strenght webs due to stacking.

Since its not faction or t2, thats why above i said it should be a half bonus of 5% for a 75% web and even thats a bit generous since the other teir 3 BC only get weapon bonuses.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Cambarus
The Baros Syndicate
#79 - 2011-10-31 16:37:57 UTC
Mfume Apocal wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

Given how the new tier3s are going to be flown (or how they're supposed to at least) this kind of a really, REALLY big deal in terms of balance. You've got a ship class that's paper thin, that's supposed to use its speed and its range to tank the things it fights, and yet one of these ships (the talos) can't actually do anything past 20km. It damn well BETTER have an absurd bonus for what it can do close range, or else the damn thing will NEVER get used over it's much more survivable-by-virtue-of-range counterparts.

As for the whole issue of 90% webs in gatecamps, if you've got a bunch of people camping a gate, and you have no scout, and you jump into their gatecamp, you SHOULD die. The idea that damn near any small fast ship can slip by a group of any size with no risk at all is absurd.

Also, 90% webs on everything was a problem, especially after the nano nerf. 90% webs on one battlecruiser with the ehp of a t1 cruiser is not a problem.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#80 - 2011-10-31 17:41:57 UTC
Cambarus wrote:
Mfume Apocal wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

Given how the new tier3s are going to be flown (or how they're supposed to at least) this kind of a really, REALLY big deal in terms of balance. You've got a ship class that's paper thin, that's supposed to use its speed and its range to tank the things it fights, and yet one of these ships (the talos) can't actually do anything past 20km. It damn well BETTER have an absurd bonus for what it can do close range, or else the damn thing will NEVER get used over it's much more survivable-by-virtue-of-range counterparts.

As for the whole issue of 90% webs in gatecamps, if you've got a bunch of people camping a gate, and you have no scout, and you jump into their gatecamp, you SHOULD die. The idea that damn near any small fast ship can slip by a group of any size with no risk at all is absurd.

Also, 90% webs on everything was a problem, especially after the nano nerf. 90% webs on one battlecruiser with the ehp of a t1 cruiser is not a problem.

Thank you for explaining, I'm getting tired of unreasonable whines.

+1 for you my friend.