These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Is MAAR + RAH + 800mm plate the best kind of active armor tanking?

Author
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#1 - 2013-03-29 14:11:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Hannott Thanos
This is the Myrmidon fit I came up with.

[Myrmidon, 800mm RAH MAAR]
Damage Control II
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Ion Blaster II, Null M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Hammerhead II x2
Ogre II x3

It has 45k EHP buffer 658 DPS and 1068 m/s speed.

The point here is to wait until you are almost in structure, or even dip into structure a bit to let the Reactive Armor Hardener set it's resists, and then overload the Ancillary Armor Repairer for maximum effect.

If you are hit by EM damage, you will tank 1165 dps after the RAH has shifted to EM resist with only one AAR and you will actually fill up your entire armor HP with all the cycles, basically doubling your effective HP in that damage type, adding up to almost 150.000 EHP in EM.

I have not tried this fit yet, only EFT warrioring. Anyone have some feedback on this idea?

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-03-29 14:12:56 UTC
even with the maar you're gonna die just as quick because lol dat cycle.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#3 - 2013-03-29 14:16:21 UTC
In a Myrmidon, you have 14844 EHP in structure. That gives quite some time

}

Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#4 - 2013-03-29 15:21:19 UTC
You really need a MAAR + MAR2 combo to shine. And the only time you should be looking at a RAH is if it is either that or a third EANM II.
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#5 - 2013-03-29 15:40:25 UTC
Why would you wait till your in structure to activate your taInk?

Oderint Dum Metuant

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#6 - 2013-03-29 15:43:08 UTC
Aralieus wrote:
Why would you wait till your in structure to activate your taInk?

You would wait until the reactive armor hardener has reached optimal resists. So you wait however long that takes

}

Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-03-29 16:11:07 UTC
This.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#8 - 2013-03-29 16:56:13 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:

So cool. Constructive feedback or gtfo

}

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#9 - 2013-03-29 17:12:50 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:

What if forced to post with family held at gunpoint? Don't be insensitive.

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Kodama Ikari
Thragon
#10 - 2013-03-29 17:46:29 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:

waiting until you're in structure on a single rep myrm is an incredibly bad idea.
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#11 - 2013-03-29 18:14:27 UTC
Kodama Ikari wrote:
Hannott Thanos wrote:

waiting until you're in structure on a single rep myrm is an incredibly bad idea.

Doing this with any ship is a incredibly bad idea

Oderint Dum Metuant

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#12 - 2013-03-29 18:23:03 UTC
Heard of bait tanking?

}

Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#13 - 2013-03-29 18:36:01 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Heard of bait tanking?

Not with a single rep I haven't

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Kodama Ikari
Thragon
#14 - 2013-03-29 18:55:05 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Heard of bait tanking?

Of course. Its typically done with multiple reppers. Even with the RAH kicking in, I'm not convinced that you have enough raw repping power from a single MAAR to justify bait tanking. Bait tanking also relies on the psychology of watching a tank break slowly, typically before the target tips the scale by waiting to overload or more commonly turn on the second/third repper. I think it would be much more natural to replace the plate with a regular MAR. 800mm doesn't buy that much ehp on a battlecruiser, and once that armor is gone its literally dead weight. The typical justification for hybrid armor tanks is that the extra EHP gives you more time to rep in those situations where the incoming dps exceeds your ability to rep. Not repping through that time defeats the purpose, and giving your RAH extra time to adjust is not a very good justification.
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#15 - 2013-03-29 19:28:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Hannott Thanos
Thanks for a proper answer! I chose the 800mm plate to increase buffer but also be able to sport more gun dps, and not having to fit two cap boosters. This will mostly be used in 1v1 situations where over 1000 dps tank will hardly be necessary

}

Alticus C Bear
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-03-29 19:56:20 UTC
I had a very similar fit on the test server that did very well, even tanking a couple of ships and still getting a kill.

Key differences were that I dropped the guns duel 150mm rails and fit 1600mm plate, now you have good buffer.

Don't wait too long to activate the rep two thirds or half armour but you need to judge Incoming DPS.

RAH is great and I will always choose one over second EANM if I have good buffer and am cap injecting. You will literally murder the first missile ship you come across and it is great against single damage type drone flights. I would swap nano accel for exp rig if you opt for more buffer.

Not really had much luck getting BC fights on the live server though that is a different issue.
Kodama Ikari
Thragon
#17 - 2013-03-30 09:33:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Kodama Ikari
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Thanks for a proper answer! I chose the 800mm plate to increase buffer but also be able to sport more gun dps, and not having to fit two cap boosters. This will mostly be used in 1v1 situations where over 1000 dps tank will hardly be necessary

In this case by all means have fun. I thought about this when considering your fit, but decided not to consider 1v1s too much, as most similar sized ships will know not to 1v1 a myrmidon without attempt to kite/flee (hence your notion of the bait tank). People use the myrmidon specifically because it can be outnumbered and come out with a kill or two, so I wanted to be clear that your setup wouldn't be able to do this the same way the triple rep myrm can.

edit: oh god spelling errors when posting at night.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#18 - 2013-03-30 10:20:19 UTC
This is the best solo armor tank on non-rep bonused T2 cruisers. On Myrm I'd exploit the rep bonus fully and pile on more reppers, 800mm plate is a bit small for BCs.

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#19 - 2013-03-30 10:24:57 UTC
drop the RAH and 800 plate and replace with 2x MAR II's. Also, fit more cap injection. Watch the fireworks as your armor HP rubber-bands from 0 to 100 and people aren't sure when your cap charges will run dry.

It's fun!
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#20 - 2013-03-30 12:12:32 UTC
Very good points. I have done the whole triple rep Myrm before but I don't like it very much tbh. Too much hassle with cap and low dps . Maybe it's better to just swap the plate for a T2 rep and keep the rest the same. I love the versatility of the many mid slots. Dual web or TD is awesome.

}

12Next page