These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Oh wow, check out the new Raven model! It looks just like...

First post
Author
Mehrdad Kor-Azor
Doomheim
#41 - 2011-10-30 17:42:01 UTC
Dalloway Jones wrote:
You are crazy. The new Maller is great. My only complaint is it is not reflective enough so it tends to disappear in dark space areas.

The new Maller is a lumpy, cancerous tumor of disgrace. It is a horrible mishmash of Amarr and Caldari designs. Every other Amarr ship is sleek and reflective (even the Crucifier has some of that), and the new Maller is neither. The new Maller simply does not fit in with the rest of the Amarr fleet.

Also, the Sacrilege isn't even black like all Khanid ships already are. Now it's this odd grey color with dark grey splotches. Not a Khanid color scheme at all.

The new Maller design isn't totally horrible, but as an Amarr ship it is. Either the whole Amarr fleet needs to be redesigned, or the Maller needs to be reverted. And they'd better not do the former, because Amarr ships are the best-looking in the game.
Rose Hips
Zero Dot Zero
#42 - 2011-10-30 17:45:56 UTC
Nyla Skin wrote:
If you look carefully, the wings are now symmetrical...

Ack! I wish they would stop this symmetrical carp. Caldari ships are unique in space sci-fi and although it took me a long time to accept it, they've grown on me. If you want symmetrical ships go for another race like Amarr or Gallente. Shheeeesh.

And yes, if they sold the old Scorpion in the NEX store, I just might buy it.

Oh... and finish missile turrets!!!

Forum signature removed by Empress Jamyl as instructed by the Jove

Bow down before the one you serve; you're going to get what you deserve

Max Singularity is the way, the light, the Harbinger of Faith and true hope for New Eden!

Rixiu
PonyTek
#43 - 2011-10-30 18:05:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Rixiu
Rose Hips wrote:
Nyla Skin wrote:

Ack! I wish they would stop this symmetrical carp. Caldari ships are unique in space sci-fi and although it took me a long time to accept it, they've grown on me. If you want symmetrical ships go for another race like Amarr or Gallente. Shheeeesh.

Thankfully it's not symmetrical: http://piclair.com/data/79k9w.jpg

It's only T'Amber's populist rendering that is as far as I can see.

EDIT: T'Amber, not Akita T
Dante KamiyaX
STARK INDUSTRIES.INCX
#44 - 2011-10-30 18:19:11 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Tempest all look horrible

Hey i's something horrible sitting on your faceShocked

I know - but it's too iconic to take it off...

I don't know what happened there... maybe a makeup box malfuction exploding into ones face.
Dante KamiyaX
STARK INDUSTRIES.INCX
#45 - 2011-10-30 18:22:47 UTC
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:
Dalloway Jones wrote:
You are crazy. The new Maller is great. My only complaint is it is not reflective enough so it tends to disappear in dark space areas.

The new Maller is a lumpy, cancerous tumor of disgrace. It is a horrible mishmash of Amarr and Caldari designs. Every other Amarr ship is sleek and reflective (even the Crucifier has some of that), and the new Maller is neither. The new Maller simply does not fit in with the rest of the Amarr fleet.

Also, the Sacrilege isn't even black like all Khanid ships already are. Now it's this odd grey color with dark grey splotches. Not a Khanid color scheme at all.

The new Maller design isn't totally horrible, but as an Amarr ship it is. Either the whole Amarr fleet needs to be redesigned, or the Maller needs to be reverted. And they'd better not do the former, because Amarr ships are the best-looking in the game.

The old maller was a arc and round in the front but boxy everyplace else. Maybe your getting the new maller confused with another ships. Because it actually looks like a ship unlike the old maller which looked like a bridge with weird shapes or a upside down boot with a weird arc heel.
Mehrdad Kor-Azor
Doomheim
#46 - 2011-10-30 18:34:14 UTC
Dante KamiyaX wrote:

The old maller was a arc and round in the front but boxy everyplace else. Maybe your getting the new maller confused with another ships. Because it actually looks like a ship unlike the old maller which looked like a bridge with weird shapes or a upside down boot with a weird arc heel.

Let's compare, shall we?

Old Maller.

New Maller.

Notice the distinct lumpiness and boxiness of the new. The old was completely smooth, and only had simple lines where armor plates met. Not boxy at all.
Hakuja
White Snake Inc.
#47 - 2011-10-30 18:46:03 UTC
Symmetric or asymmetric? What do you prefer?
VOTE, PLEASE!!! Smile
Kraazyfuu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2011-10-30 18:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Kraazyfuu
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:
Dante KamiyaX wrote:

Let's compare, shall we?

Old Maller.

New Maller.

Notice the distinct lumpiness and boxiness of the new. The old was completely smooth, and only had simple lines where armor plates met. Not boxy at all.

Well you have to consider that they had to have a polygon count limit back when those old models were made. Maybe they wanted to do more with them but couldn't.

I like the new model since it makes it look more like an armor tanker. I would expect a hefty looking ship with heavy plates.
Jack bubu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2011-10-30 19:12:10 UTC
Rixiu wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:
Nyla Skin wrote:

It's only Akita T's populist rendering that is as far as I can see.

Its from T'amber not Akita T

T'amber does all the photoshop trolls, and hes quite good at it too :)
Mehrdad Kor-Azor
Doomheim
#50 - 2011-10-30 19:19:32 UTC
Kraazyfuu wrote:

Well you have to consider that they had to have a polygon count limit back when those old models were made. Maybe they wanted to do more with them but couldn't.

I like the new model since it makes it look more like an armor tanker. I would expect a hefty looking ship with heavy plates.

Still doesn't match up with the current Amarr designs, which are smooth.

And the new design makes it seem like there are weak parts in the armor where the thickness is absent, while the old makes the impression of a strong, unified monolith of armor tanking awesomeness.
Rixiu
PonyTek
#51 - 2011-10-30 20:46:34 UTC
Jack bubu wrote:
Rixiu wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:
Nyla Skin wrote:

Of course. Once again my uselessness with names become apparent.
Rhavas
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#52 - 2011-10-30 20:50:53 UTC
T'amber Anomandari Demaleon wrote:

Thanks for this - really highlights how much better-looking the new one is IMHO.

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

Sebastian N Cain
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2011-10-30 21:08:54 UTC
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:
Dante KamiyaX wrote:

Let's compare, shall we?

Old Maller.

New Maller.

The old Maller looks like the Amarr ripoff of the Dominix, round and chubby.
The new one is sleeker, more defined.

Like an athlete in comparison to your overweight self.
Twisted

I got lost in thought... it was unfamiliar territory.

Mystic5hadow
Koku Uchu Industries
#54 - 2011-10-30 21:23:20 UTC
You people keep talking about the Raven being Iconic, so what? A Camaro or a Mustang from the 70's is Iconic, yet look at the variations of them throughout the years.

The "new" Raven is terribly ugly still, they might as well not have redone it at all. I agree with others that the only reason they haven't drastically changed it is because they sell models of it. If that's the case, I would love to be able to purchase an older model Raven as well as a newly overhauled one in game. Same stats and everything, totally different looks. They can do this with all the ships if they want, I mean, why not? Different generation of ships would be awesome.
Kinta Huron
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2011-10-30 21:47:08 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
We'll show you pictures of the complete product once we have it and maybe do a dev blog about it Smile
Who cares it's basically a re-skin the ship will still look like a piece of ****.
Dielax
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2011-10-30 22:50:54 UTC
if that is the new raven, i'm deeply disapointed. being such a widely used ship you would think they would have gone with some of the deviant art ships.

can someone please hire some of those guys? I don't want to be a **** and put someones work down that they clearly worked hard on.... but ccp is just outclassed by the DA renders.... in a very large fasion.
Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2011-10-30 23:29:18 UTC
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:

I do agree with you that the Amarr fleet is the best looking in the game and that the color scheme of the new Maller is not up to snuff with the rest of their ships. i still prefer the new model though. It just needs to be brighter and more reflective and as you said the Sacrilege needs to look like reflective black and silver glass like the rest of the Khanid ships.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#58 - 2011-10-30 23:33:52 UTC
Empress Jaymil means serious business and shiney doesnt cut it for her.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#59 - 2011-10-31 00:56:26 UTC
Dielax wrote:
if that is the new raven, i'm deeply disapointed. being such a widely used ship you would think they would have gone with some of the deviant art ships.

Widely used? i thought all nubs fly tengus nowadays...
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
T'amber Anomandari Demaleon
#60 - 2011-10-31 09:25:48 UTC
Jack bubu wrote:
Rixiu wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:
Nyla Skin wrote:

Ah i'm out of practise but i promise you this ones real!

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1110/new_raven_leak.jpg

;P

www.shipsofeve.com