These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Farmatar: Or why fw is totally broken

First post
Author
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#21 - 2013-03-28 17:27:32 UTC
Prices in the Amarr LP store are on the rise again. Lol
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-03-28 17:40:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Colt Blackhawk
Seems a lot of these locusts are posting here^^
Especially from a slave militia where 85% of the members don´t know how to fight without blob, ogb, falcons and 2b pods. Well Blobtechncally the amarr were better now :P

I simply want he following: I want that pvp for a faction makes sense. POINT. Actually it doesn´t make sense. Of course I have fun but sys occupancy is a joke with that. I remember when once a horde of stabbed gals jumped into lamaa. A whole fleet. Some 8 gals maybe. Everyone only running away and plexing like hell. Stabbed comets, slicers, vexors. Stabbed vexors running away from my little hookbill^^. We wanted to defend that system at that time. But we couldn´t. We simply hadn´t the nerves and numbers to place a pvper 24/7 in every plex to prevent the system form being farmed to hell.
That is simply crazy.
If I want sys occupancy--------->Grabbing a stabbed 4mil ship makes more sense than pvping with a 400mil cynabal!!!
Ridigulous.

I left amarr militia when it was at a status where the first time I saw that they really were able to kick the minnies in the c...jones. Even Annah Blobberan whelped fleets like hell.
But still T1. Because of the farmer armada.
Yeah they get fights but you can get these fights also as a pirate. No difference.

Edit: Amarr had that farmer armada some weeks ago, too. It was idiotic. Whole pvp militia was preparing for taking systems and then 2 days later the farmer horde took it down before the pvpers even had their stuff in the staging systems.
Yeah I was also very dissappointed when the farmer armada sat in amarr. First time I wanted to kill myself reading militia channel because reading it, it seemed like I am in the farmer empire.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Ginger Barbarella
#23 - 2013-03-28 17:58:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Barbarella
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
We wanted to defend that system at that time. But we couldn´t. We simply hadn´t the nerves and numbers to place a pvper 24/7 in every plex to prevent the system form being farmed to hell.

OK, so let me get this straight: According to evewho.com, your corp (Nasranite) has 43 members, and your alliance (Bloody Ronin) has 105 members, adn you couldn't find one person per plex for a single system--- let's assume, at most, 10 active plexes in that system--- to help keep hold on your home system? Really? All of your alliance members are in a single time zone? You can't actively recruit outside your TZ for other people to join the Alliance to keep sov?

Help me understand here. :)

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-03-28 18:28:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Colt Blackhawk
Quote:
OK, so let me get this straight: According to evewho.com, your corp (Nasranite) has 43 members, and your alliance (Bloody Ronin) has 105 members, adn you couldn't find one person per plex for a single system--- let's assume, at most, 10 active plexes in that system--- to help keep hold on your home system? Really? All of your alliance members are in a single time zone? You can't actively recruit outside your TZ for other people to join the Alliance to keep sov?

Help me understand here. :)

At that moment I was in an amarr mili alliance with almost 400 members and active 24/7.
And sorry but it is no fun "guarding" a plex 24/7. Especially amarr are very pvp orientated. So tell a bigger corp to plex some days and you will get mutiny.
I remember when Greygal from agony said she (Maud on TS: "**** Gregal is a chick!") didn´t want Kourm any more because all this def plexing was simply no fun.

And there we have the problem: FW is actually a plex in a stabbed ship tournament instead of shoot your enemy tournament. All this pvp around is maybe important for 5% of the systems.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#25 - 2013-03-28 19:05:04 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Seems a lot of these locusts are posting here^^
Especially from a slave militia where 85% of the members don´t know how to fight without blob, ogb, falcons and 2b pods.

I get it. It's funny because you're being ironic. Lol

Oh, wait. You were being serious.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#26 - 2013-03-28 19:11:23 UTC
He's gone rabid! Everyone back up slowly.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-03-28 19:48:32 UTC
Quote:
He's gone rabid! Everyone back up slowly.

Who?

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-03-28 20:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
still think the docking thing is stupid, adds needless logistical and chronological complications to a feature that already takes best part of a week to make a system vulnerable - thats if the enemy doesnt push it back ofc!

About the farmers? Thats purely the isk earning potentials fault and how completely broken the ratio of isk vs. time invested in the character.

Also the lack of need to actually fight anything other than the NPC in the plex to get your reward. Farmers farm available systems, they do not take systems to farm them or pvp/deplex to keep them -> huge issue.

Add difficulty to take systems time wise and logisticly - to farmers with little to no interest in keeping or flipping vulnerable systems and you have FW players who RP (not actual RP), people that want to take systems for glory and honor of their race etc and you have people on the same side working against each other more than together. If that isk runs too low, the farmer switches to another alt or changes militia. No wonder players like colt are raging :)

also: in before "told you so, before inferno."

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Dark Lightstrong
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-03-28 20:25:30 UTC
Wouldn't something like a decrease in LP (-50%) gained from plexes and a huge increase from when you destroy an enemy militia player (150-250%) help, like alot?
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#30 - 2013-03-28 20:32:42 UTC
Dark Lightstrong wrote:
Wouldn't something like a decrease in LP (-50%) gained from plexes and a huge increase from when you destroy an enemy militia player (150-250%) help, like alot?

No because then people would just blow up their alts for profit.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#31 - 2013-03-28 21:12:56 UTC
There are a slew of threads whining about suicide ganking. There are these threads about farmers. Do you want to know what both have in common? Bored Nullbears.

I'm hoping that the resource revamp gives them something to do. Honestly - if I could make my living in my own space I sure as hell would not want to create an alt to circle buttons.
Makavelia
National Industries
#32 - 2013-03-28 21:47:57 UTC
Change the stealth bomber back to cruise missiles.
Ginger Barbarella
#33 - 2013-03-28 22:56:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Barbarella
Muad 'dib wrote:
still think the docking thing is stupid, adds needless logistical and chronological complications to a feature that already takes best part of a week to make a system vulnerable - thats if the enemy doesnt push it back ofc!

About the farmers? Thats purely the isk earning potentials fault and how completely broken the ratio of isk vs. time invested in the character.

Also the lack of need to actually fight anything other than the NPC in the plex to get your reward. Farmers farm available systems, they do not take systems to farm them or pvp/deplex to keep them -> huge issue.

Add difficulty to take systems time wise and logisticly - to farmers with little to no interest in keeping or flipping vulnerable systems and you have FW players who RP (not actual RP), people that want to take systems for glory and honor of their race etc and you have people on the same side working against each other more than together. If that isk runs too low, the farmer switches to another alt or changes militia. No wonder players like colt are raging :)

also: in before "told you so, before inferno."

Playing Devil's Advocate, even the farmers are contributing to the war effort, so why all the hate? Just because they run from a 1v5 (frigate vs FW toon + four neutrals) dropping into a plex? I will *almost* always fight a 1v1 that looks like it'll be a good fight, but I'll run every single time from a gang of neuts and a single FW player. The intent is obvious, and I choose not to take part in that bad, one sided fight. ("Learn to choose your fights" is the mantra, no?)

So I guess that makes me one of the bad guys. So be it. I'll adjust my tactics accordingly (already have, actually).

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Lin Suizei
#34 - 2013-03-28 23:22:48 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Playing Devil's Advocate, even the farmers are contributing to the war effort, so why all the hate?

Personally, I don't think there's much hate towards the farmers themselves - they've identified a clearly broken system and are exploiting it hard and fast before CCP looks at faction war again (maybe in 2016), as they rightfully should.

Now, if only plex mechanics didn't strongly incentivize sitting 29km from the button with a cloak and stabs.

Lol I can't delete my forum sig.

Pax Thar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-03-28 23:26:43 UTC
The current system does promote more activity in low sec over the old one. More people is more PvP. Care bears will care bear... learn to kill them, stop whining.
Dash Bishop
Doomheim
#36 - 2013-03-29 00:32:51 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
There are a slew of threads whining about suicide ganking. There are these threads about farmers. Do you want to know what both have in common? Bored Nullbears.

I'm hoping that the resource revamp gives them something to do. Honestly - if I could make my living in my own space I sure as hell would not want to create an alt to circle buttons.

AMEN. The null bear influence on this game is overwheleming when you look at how much they really have their grubby fingers into.

Caldari Militia ☜✫☞

Philpip
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#37 - 2013-03-29 09:21:12 UTC
Just get rid of plex LP, if you want to farm, farm missions.

Once you get a system flipped, maybe it could spawn local missions to the benefit of the system holders (maybe even based on their base faction or size, ie a base Minnie system held by Minnies would spawn more profitable sites than an Amarr system held by Minnies). This would then give a reason to hold the system.

No, you were not blobbed, you just didn't bring enough people to the fight!

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-03-29 10:58:48 UTC
Philpip wrote:

Except you can't run missions in proper pvp fits, so this is a non-runner. The genius of FW plexes is that you're farming and waiting for pvp action at the same time.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-03-29 11:05:52 UTC
Takseen wrote:
Philpip wrote:

Except you can't run missions in proper pvp fits, so this is a non-runner. The genius of FW plexes is that you're farming and waiting for pvp action at the same time.

The genius is that 90% of people running these plexes are cloaky and stabbed and don´t want pvp but simply crazy easy amounts of isk. With doing that they make people who really fight for the warzone feel like idiotic clowns.

Apelacja
Sad Najwyzszy
#40 - 2013-03-29 11:07:38 UTC
yea smthing should be done in FW as long as the current mechanism support to much the wining site. however its hard to find a way where farmers and farming macroes wouldnt win. And u cant leave only pvp parts bcs one side can avoid it and then what?

How to force people to fight - it is a good question.