These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ishtar is pronounced Easter... Easter Heavy Assault Cruiser...

Author
SilentStryder
#1 - 2013-03-28 06:44:58 UTC  |  Edited by: SilentStryder
My mind s blown Ishtar is pronounced Easter and was a Goddess of Fertility and in Eve Online is a Drone Heavy Assault Cruiser rofl.... Yup Yup just taking the kids go to the mission area to play with the rats... lol.
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-03-28 06:48:49 UTC
okay
Alec Enderas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-03-28 07:09:58 UTC
dude...the meds

I am not old, just bitter.

Calathorn Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-03-28 07:12:31 UTC
SilentStryder wrote:
My mind s blown Ishtar is pronounced Easter and was a Goddess of Fertility and in Eve Online is a Drone Heavy Assault Cruiser rofl.... Yup Yup just taking the kids go to the mission area to play with the rats... lol.

lol, someone connected the dots

i'm sure CCP does this intentionally

BRING BACK THE JUKEBOX

I attended the School of Hard Nocks, the only place you will ever learn anything of value, sadly most Americans never meet the requirments to attend

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-03-28 07:17:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Tuttomenui II
Calathorn Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-03-28 07:20:54 UTC

shh! don't ruin it for himRoll

BRING BACK THE JUKEBOX

I attended the School of Hard Nocks, the only place you will ever learn anything of value, sadly most Americans never meet the requirments to attend

SilentStryder
#7 - 2013-03-28 07:30:19 UTC  |  Edited by: SilentStryder
Calathorn Virpio wrote:

shh! don't ruin it for himRoll

other sources on the intertubes say its meant to be pronounced easter, google Ishtar pronounced Easter and you get a bit of stuff too.
Arronicus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-03-28 07:58:27 UTC
Apparently not. This rumor got all sorts of popularity after hitting reddit and imgur the other day, until people with some actual knowledge in the area came out to correct it, with among other statements, this image:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ErbIfIt

But don't worry. Most people are happy to retain false knowledge, pass it along, and spread misinformation even once they know it's not true anymore. Just like the weather photos that circulate every time there is a major storm, that aren't actually of that storm, but people seem to believe they are. xD
Irya Boone
The Scope
#9 - 2013-03-28 08:03:19 UTC
and as you can see All T2 gallente ships are Gods or godess Name ... Shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_%28mythology%29

Helios

etcetc

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

SilentStryder
#10 - 2013-03-28 08:30:14 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Apparently not. This rumor got all sorts of popularity after hitting reddit and imgur the other day, until people with some actual knowledge in the area came out to correct it, with among other statements, this image:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ErbIfIt

But don't worry. Most people are happy to retain false knowledge, pass it along, and spread misinformation even once they know it's not true anymore. Just like the weather photos that circulate every time there is a major storm, that aren't actually of that storm, but people seem to believe they are. xD

I stand corrected then.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#11 - 2013-03-28 08:59:35 UTC
It's okay, I saw the imgur post too.

Was fun to think it was an excuse for something extra fun in bed though xD

The Drake is a Lie

Cyprus Black
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2013-03-28 09:02:53 UTC
SilentStryder wrote:
I'm an Atheist. What now?

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#13 - 2013-03-28 09:44:29 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
SilentStryder wrote:
I'm an Atheist. What now?

Then your drones reject your commands as they are free-thinkers and can make their own decisions

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Reuben Johnson
Gal-Min Industries
#14 - 2013-03-28 11:09:39 UTC
SilentStryder wrote:

Not in the US, Christian symbols are becoming illegal..it's now the the Pagan Holiday That Was Stolen By Those Evil White European Christians Heavy Assault Cruiser.

EnjoyTwisted