These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

95% male players, 50% Female characters???

First post
Author
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#101 - 2013-03-27 20:30:38 UTC
Thur Barbek wrote:
Would you rather stare at a pretty lady's face all day? Or an ugly mug like mine?

Also in other mmo's you really like to stare at a guy's ass when he runs around while your playing the game?


Makes zero sense. Like, none.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Krell Kroenen
The Devil's Shadow
#102 - 2013-03-27 20:32:23 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
It's important for my male main character to have a number of readily available and attractive females to breed with.


So when someone tells you to go F... yourself you can take that advice to heart?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2013-03-27 20:48:41 UTC
I'm male in real life and I always create a male character which is my main. For this game though the general consensuses was to have 2 accounts so for my 2nd account I created a Female. That way for RP action, my main - male character - has a female character as a mate / girlfriend / wife. However, my female alt doesn't get much game time.


DMC
Ovv Topik
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2013-03-27 21:05:58 UTC
Real Poison wrote:
95% + 50%... 145% !

Wow that's almost as much as the voter turnout at last russian presidential despotational election.

95% male players. 5% female players.
50% female avatars. 50% male avatars.

"Nicknack, I'm in a shoe in space, on my computer, in my house, with a cup of coffee, in't that something." - Fly Safe PopPaddi. o7

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#105 - 2013-03-27 22:12:39 UTC
Girls are pretty... and soft, like bunny rabbits.
Skorpynekomimi
#106 - 2013-03-27 22:17:56 UTC
Well, this toon is male. The other two are female, because girls are pretty.

Economic PVP

Praxis Ginimic
Lazaretto
#107 - 2013-03-27 22:27:59 UTC
Mine looks like my wife...well...like my wife did, before 3 kids and all that Italian food that I regret cooking for her
Ginger Barbarella
#108 - 2013-03-27 22:33:31 UTC
As someone posted in another (nearly identical) thread, because I like looking at good looking chicks, not white-eyed dudes with their arms crossed. All male here, but only a couple female alts. I HAVE, however, trained up some female alts just to sell them (industry, Orca/Hulk pilots, FW combat pilots, etc).

Purdy chicks > scarred, white eyed dudes with faux-hawks.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#109 - 2013-03-27 22:58:15 UTC
Bellanea Rajanir wrote:
This alt was meant to be pretty.


Lol. My commiserations.
Praetor Meles
Black Mount Industrial
#110 - 2013-03-27 23:00:08 UTC
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:
Lol. My commiserations.


Confirming: Rebecha Pucontis would look better with dark hair.

[insert random rubbish that irritates you personally] is further evidence that Eve is dying/thriving*

  • delete as required to make your point
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#111 - 2013-03-27 23:03:23 UTC
Cascinova Egnald wrote:
The only thing that confuses me is when you are writing about someone in game chat that is using a female avatar and a female name. Do you say "she or her"? Even when you know that more than likely it's a dude? Do you ignore the avatar and assume it's a man?


Yeah, that is the embarassing thing and why my main characters are always male. If a guy creates a female avatar then I don't care, I refer to them as a her. It's amusing when they try to correct you and say I'm actually a guy as if you should have known it. Although a lot of guys probably just roll with it seeing as they have obviously decided to RP a female character. That being said I don't know that many who have a female as their main character.
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#112 - 2013-03-27 23:06:39 UTC
Praetor Meles wrote:
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:
Lol. My commiserations.


Confirming: Rebecha Pucontis would look better with dark hair.


I would change it, but I can't be bothered. :)
J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#113 - 2013-03-28 00:26:03 UTC
Ovv Topik wrote:
I’ve often wondered and can’t find any thread on this.

Trolls & flames welcome as always. But some thoughts appreciated as well.

So why did you pick a female character?


Because for some weird reason having a female character makes stuff easier.

People tend to be less strict on their rules and principles.

Ooh....and the looks are just better

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Norm Tempesta
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2013-03-28 00:52:25 UTC
You know all us guys really want some big breastesses and and a short skirt to wear.
Cel Nobol
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#115 - 2013-03-28 03:49:05 UTC
Why do people do anything else in EVE? Because they can.


I have the hottest avatar here.
Justyn Bieber
Multorum Animos
#116 - 2013-03-28 05:39:30 UTC
Closest I could get to a Justin bieber Look alike
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#117 - 2013-03-28 05:43:34 UTC
It's a common problem in MMOs and when Eve when "3rd person view" with WIS, a lot of people who rolled dudes would have to contend with looking at some dudes arse.

But WiS is mainly a side note, a gimmick for when you want the fan in your computer to make more noise.


I rolled a female alt and found that it did not make me ghey or trans not want to cross dress (though I like to threaten to do that and keep my friends living in fear).


Just a game, when all is said and done.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#118 - 2013-03-28 06:42:48 UTC
Just look at their picture.

Men do boob shots.

Women do head shots.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Darth Nenny
Nocturnal Tumescence
#119 - 2013-03-28 07:46:57 UTC
Rovinia wrote:
I had femal characters in allmost all MMO's i've ever played. I mean, if you have to stare on your caracters ass for hours... The view is just better :D

Ok, EVE is a bit special, no real avatar gameplay here... But i think you get the point ;)


im the same, have done it 4 every mmo, ive played and i do it in dnd as well, just so i can c my friends faces when i roll play hitting on them wile in character lol

and 4 u trolls no im not gay nor am i by, so leave ya 3rd leg in ya pants cause im not interested in that small thing u call a ****
Cyprus Black
Perkone
Caldari State
#120 - 2013-03-28 08:19:29 UTC
Ovv Topik wrote:
I’ve often wondered and can’t find any thread on this.

Trolls & flames welcome as always. But some thoughts appreciated as well.

So why did you pick a female character?
I created my character a LONG time ago. Back when there was no WiS and back before gender and race had any bearing other than how your portrait (that you rarely ever saw) looked. Back then nobody had ever suspected we'd be able to walk around with our characters or that they'd ever be anything more than a silly looking picture.

Now that character avatars are in the game, I would like to change my characters gender and blood line. My portrait looked VERY different back then from how it looks now. But when WiS became a reality we were not given the option to do so.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33