These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Typhoon fleet issue insurance

First post
Author
John Grimm
East India Ore Trade
#21 - 2013-03-27 06:33:21 UTC
Steel Roamer wrote:
I agree with OP.

I buy shiney ships that cost alot to own.
I prefer the faction versions because they are teh bestest in teh gaem like my rare level 45 dungeon dragon slaying sword of +45 Cat Summoning in WoW.

But I want the best items in the game and I never want to lose them because this is Eve, and WoW has more players so Eve should be more like WoW right? Right, Guys?

LolThank you for the good laugh. Lol

Steel and Iron guard me well, or else i'm dead and doomed to Hell

BlackMatrix
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#22 - 2013-04-09 13:28:54 UTC
Steel Roamer wrote:
I agree with OP.

I buy shiney ships that cost alot to own.
I prefer the faction versions because they are teh bestest in teh gaem like my rare level 45 dungeon dragon slaying sword of +45 Cat Summoning in WoW.

But I want the best items in the game and I never want to lose them because this is Eve, and WoW has more players so Eve should be more like WoW right? Right, Guys?

I laughed to start with ... but now the content of the post is making me ill. Please delete it.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-04-09 14:30:36 UTC
When i insure my implants at platinum level, i still only get 0 isk back.

herf derp fyx pluz see see pee

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-04-09 22:51:45 UTC
I'm confused here so maybe someone can help me...

If he's doing PVP in a faction battleship shouldn't he be in an alliance that offers ship replacement? If not have a source of income that would cover the losses.

If he's losing enough faction battleships to PVE where insurance is an issue..... Well maybe uninstall Eve and find another game to play?
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-04-09 23:24:22 UTC
IIshira wrote:

If he's doing PVP in a faction battleship shouldn't he be in an alliance that offers ship replacement? If not have a source of income that would cover the losses.

If he's losing enough faction battleships to PVE where insurance is an issue..... Well maybe uninstall Eve and find another game to play?

If you go too fast in shipping up in PvE, you can lose a few ships on the way. People getting ina battle ship the moment they get "racial abttel ship I" are a gopod example of that.
IIshira
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-04-10 01:20:37 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
IIshira wrote:

If you go too fast in shipping up in PvE, you can lose a few ships on the way. People getting ina battle ship the moment they get "racial abttel ship I" are a gopod example of that.

Maybe he should reevaluate his skills and get into a ship he is capable of flying. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I like to call it "tough love".

Between all my accounts I've lost one battleship to PVE. This is with doing thousands of missions on multiple accounts in over 3 years playing Eve. This loss was due to me playing without enough sleep and being careless. If I actually insured my mission ships I would have spent far more than the cost of that one hull paying for insurance.

I use insurance for T1 PVP ships. It's a great way to recoup some of the loss for those fun lowsec roams :D
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-04-10 02:30:44 UTC
I want a cat sword. For my CQ. i think it would look great on the wall above the door.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-04-10 04:50:39 UTC
IIshira wrote:

I don't think there are alliances that offer faction BS reimbursement programs. AFAIK even when people used Navy Apoc fleets, they were buying them on their own despite the entire thing being corp/alliance level op.
IIshira
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-04-10 22:14:54 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
IIshira wrote:

I don't think there are alliances that offer faction BS reimbursement programs. AFAIK even when people used Navy Apoc fleets, they were buying them on their own despite the entire thing being corp/alliance level op.

There are... At least I have a friend in one that does. It kind of looks like a pain because he has to go to a website and fill out some crap... It reminded me of filing a real insurance claim LOL... They only does it for sanctioned alliance fleets though. Maybe it's the exception rather than the rule though. I PVP cheap in T1 cruisers or batlecruisers.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#30 - 2013-04-11 08:18:23 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
IIshira wrote:

INIT. does. My NavPhoon is reimburseable as long as it's correctly fitted and in a fleet which uses the appropriate doctrine.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#31 - 2013-04-11 08:19:48 UTC
IIshira wrote:
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
IIshira wrote:

There are... At least I have a friend in one that does. It kind of looks like a pain because he has to go to a website and fill out some crap... It reminded me of filing a real insurance claim LOL... They only does it for sanctioned alliance fleets though. Maybe it's the exception rather than the rule though. I PVP cheap in T1 cruisers or batlecruisers.

It's not that onerous; post in the reimbursement forum, make sure to include a link to the loss in the alliance killboard so that the loss & fitting can be verified, and include the name of the FC. Pretty straightforward.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Absolon Echerie
Roving Guns Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#32 - 2013-04-11 09:09:46 UTC
Egravant Alduin wrote:
Guys is ccp serious?Platinum insurance for typhoon fleet issue is paying 100m?While the ship costs more than 250m.This sucks.

try a pirate faction Gila... insurance pays a godlike 4.3 million for a ship that's over 300m to fit (250 for hull)
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-04-11 09:41:29 UTC
try insuring a Cambion then.....

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Garaba
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2013-06-01 09:32:42 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Getting rid of insurance and moon minerals would go a long way towards fixing Eve.

I've always said moon minerals should be "roaming" resources with a finite amount per node. Once it is depleted it moves to a different region of space after x amount of time. Kind of like how anoms move around in WH's...

This would completely solve the ridiculous, near passive isk faucet that is moon goo. It would also put a huge dent in the power block alliance wallets which is ALWAYS a good thing. More fights would break out in null bear space, and more politics would also come into play.

It is a win win.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#35 - 2013-06-01 10:14:07 UTC
Garaba wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:
Getting rid of insurance and moon minerals would go a long way towards fixing Eve.

I've always said moon minerals should be "roaming" resources with a finite amount per node. Once it is depleted it moves to a different region of space after x amount of time. Kind of like how anoms move around in WH's...

This would completely solve the ridiculous, near passive isk faucet that is moon goo. It would also put a huge dent in the power block alliance wallets which is ALWAYS a good thing. More fights would break out in null bear space, and more politics would also come into play.

It is a win win.

And the open market price of T2 would soar to ten times its current levels, when you could even find any.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

DeadDuck
Trust Doesn't Rust
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2013-06-01 11:05:27 UTC
Egravant Alduin wrote:
They should fix this since not all people are rich to buy money from eve store and have new ships.Really disappointed.

Well Typhoon Fleet Issues are a "rich" people ship... If you don't have the isks don't fly it... What?
Garaba
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2013-06-01 20:05:46 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Garaba wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:

It is a win win.

And the open market price of T2 would soar to ten times its current levels, when you could even find any.

Next step would be removing t2 BPO's, then all would be right in the manufacturing world of Eve.
Charlie Jacobson
#38 - 2013-06-01 20:33:51 UTC
Where can I buy a ship with a cat summoning bonus?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#39 - 2013-06-01 20:36:38 UTC
Garaba wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Garaba wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:

It is a win win.

Next step would be removing t2 BPO's, then all would be right in the manufacturing world of Eve.

Then covops cloaks would be 100M ISK again, like god intended!

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Previous page12