These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM Endorsements (pre-elections) not working in Opera

First post
Author
Creat Posudol
German Oldies
#1 - 2013-03-26 16:30:22 UTC
Hi!

I've noticed that I can't endorse anyone when using Opera (Javascript is on, as are cookies and I'm of course logged in). Doing the same thing in IE works.
The problem is that clicking the "Endorse" button doesn't do anything, while in IE a sort of message box pops up, asking me if I really want to endorse him/her.

It would be nice if I didn't have to bust out the dusty IE for this sort of thing...
Runeme Shilter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-03-26 16:39:31 UTC
Doesn't work with Google Chrome either. Nice job by the CCP web design guys - who ever tests his website in different browsers anyway?
DRGaius Baltar
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-03-26 16:42:01 UTC
Runeme Shilter wrote:
Doesn't work with Google Chrome either. Nice job by the CCP web design guys - who ever tests his website in different browsers anyway?

Having the same problem as well Thank you CCP
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-03-26 16:46:51 UTC
THats what you get for putting so much importance in loading your page a whole 0.3 seconds faster...
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2013-03-26 17:29:49 UTC
Why would anyone listen to a CSM endorsement sung by a fat lady in a viking helmet?

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#6 - 2013-03-26 17:34:38 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Just use the in-game browser to vote then Big smile
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
CCP Bracari
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-03-26 17:51:00 UTC
Hi all. We've deployed a fix for this issue earlier so it should be working for everyone again. In every browser Blink

Team Special Circumstances

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-03-26 17:53:00 UTC
Runeme Shilter wrote:

It works fine in Chrome for me.

Doh - ninja'd by CCP with a fix. Ignore me!

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Creat Posudol
German Oldies
#9 - 2013-03-27 12:58:07 UTC
I can also confirm that it works fine now in Opera. Thx for the fix!
(It would be nice if anyone could try this out in common browsers before it gets released though)
Stan'din
Pandemic Alpha
#10 - 2013-03-27 12:59:55 UTC
CCP Bracari wrote:
Hi all. We've deployed a fix for this issue earlier so it should be working for everyone again. In every browser Blink

Everyone normal uses firefox

Your about as much use as a condom dispenser in the Vatican.

Durzel
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#11 - 2013-03-27 13:24:24 UTC
Creat Posudol wrote:
(It would be nice if anyone could try this out in common browsers before it gets released though)

> common browsers
> Opera
Creat Posudol
German Oldies
#12 - 2013-03-27 13:42:46 UTC
Durzel wrote:
Creat Posudol wrote:

> common browsers
> Opera

So, Chrome is not a common browser for you? I realize Opera is a little more niche (but still more common than the browser that comes with MacOS). It clearly also didn't work in Chrome (see report[s]), that is what I was mainly referring to above.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#13 - 2013-03-27 13:48:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Stan'din wrote:
CCP Bracari wrote:

Everyone normal uses firefox

THIS !!!!!

Edit: No problems, ever, with ANYTHING.

I used IE since 1995 and gave up on it because of 'issues' last year. Firefox was the best switch decision in a long time.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882