These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Typhoon fleet issue insurance

First post
Author
Egravant Alduin
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#1 - 2013-03-26 14:03:51 UTC
Guys is ccp serious?Platinum insurance for typhoon fleet issue is paying 100m?While the ship costs more than 250m.This sucks.

Feel the wrath of the GECKO!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#2 - 2013-03-26 14:04:55 UTC
The insurance is based on the T1 hull. You can't insure the "faction" part of it. Same with all faction ships, and for T2 also.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Egravant Alduin
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#3 - 2013-03-26 14:18:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Egravant Alduin
They should fix this since not all people are rich to buy money from eve store and have new ships.Really disappointed.

Feel the wrath of the GECKO!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#4 - 2013-03-26 14:20:27 UTC
Egravant Alduin wrote:
They should fix this since not all people are rich to buy money by eve store and have new ships.Really disappointed.

It's not a mistake that needs fixing, it's on purpose and it needs to stay that way.

Have a think and see if you can understand why a ship which is simply better in every way than a normal phoon needs to have a far higher real (ie: post-insurance) cost than a normal phoon.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

notha atfast
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#5 - 2013-03-26 14:29:39 UTC
It's linked to Mineral cost to build the Hull. Try insuring a T3 ship. I think you get back 20 mil at Platinum. Talk about underwhelming. Plus if they handed out the price of the ship in insurance payments why would anyone need to sell plex??
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#6 - 2013-03-26 14:33:39 UTC
I understand why Insurance doesn't give 100% of the actual ship cost. Is there an argument for removing Insurance completely?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#7 - 2013-03-26 14:34:20 UTC
notha atfast wrote:
...if they handed out the price of the ship in insurance payments why would anyone need to sell plex??

To replace the mods that you can't insure.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#8 - 2013-03-26 14:50:54 UTC
What?

nom nom

sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-03-26 15:36:56 UTC
John Ratcliffe wrote:
I understand why Insurance doesn't give 100% of the actual ship cost. Is there an argument for removing Insurance completely?

Yeah, kill that gaping isk faucet.
Nova Satar
Pator Tech School
#10 - 2013-03-26 15:54:32 UTC
Egravant Alduin wrote:
They should fix this since not all people are rich to buy money from eve store and have new ships.Really disappointed.

Dont buy the Fleet Phoon then, buy a normal one.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2013-03-26 15:57:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
John Ratcliffe wrote:

There is but there are some big issues with doing so as well. For one thing, it would kick the floor out from under mining income. For another, it would hand a nice advantage to high-SP players, because the cost differential between T1 and T2 would be greatly reduced. And that means it would also be a big boost to tech moon owners. Oh and falling mineral prices would make it cheaper to build capital and supercapital ships also

So:

Winners: Goons, PL, high skill-point players, inventors, T2 BPO owners, rich players, people who want a capital or a supercap.

Losers: Miners, T1 ship builders, low skillpoint players, poor players

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-03-26 17:37:33 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
John Ratcliffe wrote:

There is but there are some big issues with doing so as well. For one thing, it would kick the floor out from under mining income. For another, it would hand a nice advantage to high-SP players, because the cost differential between T1 and T2 would be greatly reduced. And that means it would also be a big boost to tech moon owners. Oh and falling mineral prices would make it cheaper to build capital and supercapital ships also

So:

Winners: Goons, PL, high skill-point players, inventors, T2 BPO owners, rich players, people who want a capital or a supercap.

Losers: Miners, T1 ship builders, low skillpoint players, poor players

Miners never really lose due to inflation or deflation. If the economy is deflated they're going to have to mine for X hours to get a ship. If the economy is inflated they're going to have to mine for X hours to get a ship. There really is nothing as stable as miner income.

/not exactly true when dealing with T2 and T3 ships, but pretty darn accurate for T1 and (now) Faction ships
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#13 - 2013-03-26 17:54:53 UTC
Getting rid of insurance and moon minerals would go a long way towards fixing Eve.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#14 - 2013-03-26 18:09:07 UTC
Egravant Alduin wrote:

Be glad you didn't learn this lesson on a Machariel.

And no, I don't buy iskies.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-03-26 18:12:04 UTC
Egravant Alduin wrote:

Nothing to fix. Just don't fly what you can't afford to lose.
Steel Roamer
Southern Baptist Space Warrior Collective.
#16 - 2013-03-26 18:57:52 UTC
I agree with OP.

I buy shiney ships that cost alot to own.
I prefer the faction versions because they are teh bestest in teh gaem like my rare level 45 dungeon dragon slaying sword of +45 Cat Summoning in WoW.

But I want the best items in the game and I never want to lose them because this is Eve, and WoW has more players so Eve should be more like WoW right? Right, Guys?
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-03-26 19:06:02 UTC
Steel Roamer wrote:
I agree with OP.

I buy shiney ships that cost alot to own.
I prefer the faction versions because they are teh bestest in teh gaem like my rare level 45 dungeon dragon slaying sword of +45 Cat Summoning in WoW.

But I want the best items in the game and I never want to lose them because this is Eve, and WoW has more players so Eve should be more like WoW right? Right, Guys?

Even if this was a serious post, applying the WoW model to a game has proven to be a bad idea now. Just look at all the "WoW killer" doing the exact same stuff or barely different and how they all ended.
Mire Stoude
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-03-26 19:12:41 UTC
All insurance should be removed. It might keep newbs out of ships they shouldn't be flying.
Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-03-26 19:36:36 UTC
i haven't flown t1 ships seriously in years, I totally forgot insurance existed.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#20 - 2013-03-27 04:10:18 UTC
Nova Satar wrote:
Egravant Alduin wrote:

Dont buy the Fleet Phoon then, buy 2.5 normal ones.

*fixed*
12Next page