These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So, let me guess....

First post
Author
Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-03-26 12:00:46 UTC

You changed a couple of small things in the game...

And in the process, you broke ten others.

Am I close...?
Puppy UK
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-03-26 12:01:59 UTC
GG Chat Server.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#3 - 2013-03-26 12:02:27 UTC
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:

Am I close...?

When was this ?

Just answer before the Lock for Lack of Content.......

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#4 - 2013-03-26 12:02:52 UTC
Is this a post by someone who didn't even bother to read the bit about extended downtime on the login screen or just general whining?

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-03-26 12:06:10 UTC
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:
Is this a post by someone who didn't even bother to read the bit about extended downtime on the login screen or just general whining?

This is irrelevant to my post. IF you had a brain, you'd work it our....

Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-03-26 12:07:28 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:

Am I close...?

When was this ?

Just answer before the Lock for Lack of Content.......

More times since 2004 than I care to remember....
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#7 - 2013-03-26 12:12:00 UTC
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:

More times since 2004 than I care to remember....

I'm wondering what broke now, since you imply that you know for sure.........

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Princess Saskia
Hyperfleet Industries
#8 - 2013-03-26 12:15:01 UTC
Its over 9000!

♥ 

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-03-26 12:17:44 UTC
its CCPs strategy, and in the end, if it aint broken, why fix it?

Wait, No...

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#10 - 2013-03-26 12:19:58 UTC
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:

Just general whining then

also 'out'

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-03-26 12:22:06 UTC
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:

Just general whining then

also 'out'

You've come out? Congratulations!!
Stray Bullets
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-03-26 12:30:29 UTC
Patch notes wrote:

Patch notes for EVE Online: Retribution 1.1.9

To be deployed on Wednesday, 26th of March 2013

CHANGES
NPC

Some NPCs (mostly Sansha) use their tracking disruptor again less often. The tank of some NPCs is also slightly weaker now.
World Shaping

The dust cloud has finally settled over Caldari Prime, showing the destruction left behind by the titan wreckage.
FIXES
Ships

Corrected the description of the Stealth Bombers to accurately list the 99.65% reduction in torpedo launcher powergrid needs.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a extended down time nor a new release of the client for a very minor fix on the sansha rats and a description on a ship. Any of these should be server side. It's not the client that's determining when the rats use ewar or not.

This is a stealth patch and that means one thing. Security Team! They deployed something else to the client to get some more botters! Anyway, don't really know why all the cloak and dagger but if the result is less botters, go for it! Cool
servellious
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-03-26 14:48:58 UTC
Stray Bullets wrote:
Patch notes wrote:

Patch notes for EVE Online: Retribution 1.1.9

To be deployed on Wednesday, 26th of March 2013

CHANGES
NPC

Some NPCs (mostly Sansha) use their tracking disruptor again less often. The tank of some NPCs is also slightly weaker now.
World Shaping

The dust cloud has finally settled over Caldari Prime, showing the destruction left behind by the titan wreckage.
FIXES
Ships

Corrected the description of the Stealth Bombers to accurately list the 99.65% reduction in torpedo launcher powergrid needs.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a extended down time nor a new release of the client for a very minor fix on the sansha rats and a description on a ship. Any of these should be server side. It's not the client that's determining when the rats use ewar or not.

This is a stealth patch and that means one thing. Security Team! They deployed something else to the client to get some more botters! Anyway, don't really know why all the cloak and dagger but if the result is less botters, go for it! Cool

Unless you know how they have coded the relationship between client/server I wouldnt speculate anything.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-03-26 14:57:36 UTC
Sirion Fujiwara wrote:
Am I close...?

no

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Pantiy
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-03-26 15:03:05 UTC
OP is pubbie
CCP Gargant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2013-03-26 15:25:21 UTC
Locking this thread for trolling and no content.

CCP Gargant | EVE Universe esports Coordinator