These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jove Space Opening? Hint in Odyssey Expansion?

First post
Author
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-03-26 08:40:48 UTC
I, for one, cannot wait to help add Jove space to the CFC, if only to see all the pubbie heads explode.
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-03-26 08:54:14 UTC
Also, have the devs mentioned if they're going to actually make Exploration in Null worth it?

Right now it's a complete waste of time to explore in Null. You'll end up finding 1-2 sites in an entire constellation, and of those 1-2, exactly 0.0001% of them are worth even looking at.

There's little point to Exploration as it stands if there's nothing out there, and of what we do rarely find, it's simply not worth the time to scan down. One's time is better spent grinding anoms.
Azami Nevinyrall
#43 - 2013-03-26 10:48:54 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:
If they did open up Jove space: here's an idea to prevent the nearest coalition from just taking over and ruining the experience for the rest of us: Maintain the lack of stargates to the outside, so while you can jump between the systems in Jove space, access to the outside is limited. The access they should get should be through wormholes. To maintain some level of danger, I suggest only C5 and C6 connect (or at least those are the only systems that should have Jove statics) so you have to make multiple jumps to get there from highsec (HS to low level WH to a higher level WH to jove space). Note this also means null is still closer to Jove space since they get more links to high level Wormholes, but ALL null is closer rather than just the Sov blocks that are physically nearby.

If this leads to jove ships, the skills should have to be reverse engineered or otherwise acquired at high cost, and the ships themselves should be on the level of faction ships in cost and abilities (I know everyone always goes on about the superiority of Jove tech, but it's been a while since any of their ships were seen in open combat [and I do NOT count dev ships because dev ships cheat] and we have recovered quite a bit of tech since then that might reduce the power gap; we do routinely blow up Sleepers and take their tech. Aside from that, their superiority over the Amarr once upon a time was just as much due to military intelligence and the Amarr's own hubris as it was the Jove's actual military power)

Coalitions already know how to take it over.

Those sleepers that you kill routinely are not Sleepers themselves, just their drones. Think of a Titan using small drones to fight. (read Templar One)

Accomendon en Purp
Doomheim
#44 - 2013-03-26 10:59:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Accomendon en Purp
Will Jove be defending there space is what i wanna know lol
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2013-03-26 10:59:37 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Eve Amada wrote:
I would hope if CCP ever did open up Jove space than it would be some conditions:

1 - The entrance to Jove space much harder to scan down than a wormhole.
2 - Very small mass allowed to go thru said entrance before it closes, a couple dozen ships max (no capitals)
3 - Entrance only stays active for a hour then closes.
4 - A one way trip, have to scan another entrance back to regular space.
5 - NO SOV Allowed
6 - NO Local
7 - NO POSes Allowed
8 - Jove rats (combo Sansha & Sleeper AI plus)

9 - Here's the kicker, Entrances to Jove space only found in low or null sec.

Jove space would have to make it extremely hard for someone to live there for any length of time.

Lmfao. So what you're asking for, is wormhole space, with tighter mass limits, and no control towers. Do you have ANY clue how moronic this is?

+ ignoring the fact that jove space is close enough for cynos and since I suspect Eve Amada doesn't want it to be highsec. Have fun with business as usual. :P

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#46 - 2013-03-26 11:03:42 UTC
Fantastic, except you messed up your maths.

There are 204 systems in Jove Space.

So 7930 is the number you're after.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#47 - 2013-03-26 11:08:19 UTC
... sets sail for the Jove system soon to be renamed "Thorrablot", where Black Death will flow like water and the pickled comestibles are...well, suspiciously "squishy"...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-03-26 11:11:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:

So, roll a cheap alt, move it next to Jovian space, and PREPARE FOR EPIC TEARS!

Epic tears over an alt? Methinks, you overestimate people's emotional attachments to their alts (WiS boobies notwithstanding.)

Tears will come from the four year old character who thought he'd slip into Jove space and then lost every_single_minute of previous training.

:)

I do not even know words strong enough to express my disdain over this idiocy.

Where do You get these ideas? Is there a pot of bad ideas somewhere and you can just grab one and post it on the web? Do You pay someone to write some up for You?

Scien Inkunen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-03-26 11:24:07 UTC
There will be glorious days for campers of all kind.

Read the "Fart file" and you will understand the meaning of life !

Berluth Luthian
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2013-03-26 11:37:49 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Berluth Luthian wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

Nah, Marketing made an executive decision to include the Dev Regions, because bigger numbers are better numbers.

That is FAR more likely than the OP's assessment.

I like how you turn an admitted speculation into an 'assessment'.

Berluth Luthian wrote:

To me, all corners means everywhere, and to get 7,929 means that 'everywhere' has to include Jove space

Sounds like a personal assessment to me, based only on what you describe as so-called "legitimate speculation".

Chill the crap out man. I have not insulted your epeen so you are good. My initial point was that I didn't want this to sound like rumor mongering attributing something I 'heard from a dev' about something. Pretty sure rumor mongering is against the Terms and Conditions. I was going just off of what was posted and claiming no further authority.
Tiger Armani
End-Game
#51 - 2013-03-26 11:52:01 UTC
The problem with IRL businesses is, that marketing department has no f*** clue what their product actually does/contains.

So, don't hold your breath before CCP Devs gives us some details.
Onyx Nyx
The Veldspar Protectorate
#52 - 2013-03-26 12:07:17 UTC
I am surprised that it is not something for Dust considering how hard CCP is pushing their mediocre FPS.

I kill kittens, and puppies and bunnies. I maim toddlers and teens and then more.

• Richard (http://www.lfgcomic.com/)
Xia Kairui
Perkone
Caldari State
#53 - 2013-03-26 12:11:47 UTC
When I look at the big screen in the announcement there's two big clusters - one looks like the current star map, the other is much lighter and clearly separate from the current one. Well, it may be that this is WH space, but normally the WH cluster should be way out of sight. Also the "Odyssey" name suggest at some long voyage or someone getting lost a bit.

So I am guessing/hoping that they'll introduce a whole new cluster.
Eve Amada
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#54 - 2013-03-26 13:01:54 UTC
Eve Amada wrote:
I would hope if CCP ever did open up Jove space than it would be some conditions:

1 - The entrance to Jove space much harder to scan down than a wormhole.
2 - Very small mass allowed to go thru said entrance before it closes, a couple dozen ships max (no capitals)
3 - Entrance only stays active for a hour then closes.
4 - A one way trip, have to scan another entrance back to regular space.
5 - NO SOV Allowed
6 - NO Local
7 - NO POSes Allowed
8 - Jove rats (combo Sansha & Sleeper AI plus)

9 - Here's the kicker, Entrances to Jove space only found in low or null sec.

Jove space would have to make it extremely hard for someone to live there for any length of time.

Had some more thoughts & let me add to this list.

10 - All Areas are Cyno jammed
11 - Jove space prevents cloaks from working
12 - If you stay in one spot too long, Jove NPCs will find you
13 - Bubbles of any sort do not function, i.e hics, dics, drag bubbles
14 - Ship directional scanner does not work properly
15 - Probes are the only means of scanning

The only purpose of Jove space would be to go explore and find treasures.
Berluth Luthian
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-03-26 13:03:41 UTC
Xia Kairui wrote:
When I look at the big screen in the announcement there's two big clusters - one looks like the current star map, the other is much lighter and clearly separate from the current one. Well, it may be that this is WH space, but normally the WH cluster should be way out of sight. Also the "Odyssey" name suggest at some long voyage or someone getting lost a bit.

So I am guessing/hoping that they'll introduce a whole new cluster.

Well one of the other things they are talking about is a complete redistribution of resources. They haven't been more specific than that, but part of the new functions of DUST will likely be some bonuses for cooperating with DUST Planet PI and DUST mercs will finally start to get control over districts in the next few months.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2013-03-26 13:08:15 UTC
I hope CCP do unlock Jove space and fill it with new content and new dangers.

However, i hope that Jove space is only accessible through wormhole space (to help increase the population) and people shouldn't be able to anchor POS's or build stations in Jove space.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#57 - 2013-03-26 13:48:28 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Happy "leeroy for the sov day" erryone!

Dev Alliance already claimed it.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-03-26 14:17:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
Eve Amada wrote:

11 - Jove space prevents cloaks from working
12 - If you stay in one spot too long, Jove NPCs will find you
13 - Bubbles of any sort do not function, i.e hics, dics, drag bubbles
14 - Ship directional scanner does not work properly
15 - Probes are the only means of scanning

Sounds boring tbh.

11 - That sounds just as bad as not being able to cloak in enemy FW territory, I can't see the reason behind it.

12 - You do not even have to scan anything anymore, because hey, they'll come to You. Untold riches for everyone.

13 - so no more fun avoiding devilishly complicated traps laid out by other players... I used to have some really great moments trying to avoid or to escape from bubbletraps... :/

14 - Why? just Why?

15 - The onboard scanner is crap anyway. everything You can find with that You can find with probes, too. Just as fast and in a bigger radius.

Jane Schereau
#59 - 2013-03-26 15:04:53 UTC
Erm, the official website states "A New "Spacescape""

So, yes?
CCP Gargant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#60 - 2013-03-26 15:31:35 UTC
I cleaned some posts from this topic that were stating incorrect things about ISD and CCP characters. Everyone please remember that both ISD and CCP are strictly forbidden from spawning items for their own benefit.

CCP Gargant | EVE Universe esports Coordinator