These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CCP not learning from past PR disasters, doing it all over again?

First post
Author
Solo Player
#1 - 2011-10-30 08:24:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Solo Player
Bringing to your attention yet another PR disaster in the making.

In yonder thread, players are seeking supoport to get "k.com" rehabilitated, a thriving EVE community website whose very name has long been filtered by the profanity filter of these forums due to some past differences.

CCP sreegs, a former notorious Goon and CSM member and now CCP security staff, responded and shows very bad judgment in his choice of words and implications.

While I guess it is fully within CCP's competence and maybe even in their corporate interest (I doubt it) to keep k.com on their blacklist, sreegs' is no way to communicate with your community/customers. This goes totally against the recent charm offensive by Hilmar and pals and undoes with a couple thoughtless postings weeks of hard and dedicated professional work by both the old and the new community teams.

What a shame.
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-10-30 08:28:05 UTC
What has a mismanagement in focus on what should be the main features to invest development resources got to do with some website I have never heard about before?

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Generals4
#3 - 2011-10-30 08:29:52 UTC
Jowen Datloran wrote:
What has a mismanagement in focus on what should be the main features to invest development resources got to do with some website I have never heard about before?

Ponies.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#4 - 2011-10-30 08:30:36 UTC
It's hardly surprising that CCP use the malware argument, given that the owner of the site has boasted of his hacking prowess.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Solo Player
#5 - 2011-10-30 08:31:52 UTC
Jowen Datloran wrote:

Nothing. Nobody but you is referring to that mismanagement of focus. I refer to CCP's previous mismanagement of public relations, a.k.a. open contempt vis-a-vis the views of their customers.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#6 - 2011-10-30 08:32:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Dude, they're just trying to protect players from mal ware and account farming. Did a scan at the site and found 3 such devices.

Step 1 on hacking a persons computer the easy way.

Earn thier trust by offering a service. This is better known as social engineering.

Step 2 watch them perfectly place thier key right into your hands.

Step 3 ????

Step 4 Profit.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-10-30 08:33:09 UTC
Solo Player wrote:
What a shame.

Our electronic old men and their 'flexibilites' will enable us to find the mythical city in the hills.

(A reference this obscure probably won't bode well Sad)
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#8 - 2011-10-30 08:38:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
Solo Player wrote:
Jowen Datloran wrote:

Nothing. Nobody but you is referring to that mismanagement of focus. I refer to CCP's previous mismanagement of public relations, a.k.a. open contempt vis-a-vis the views of their customers.

How is it a mismanagement of public relations, that CCP refuses to un-blacklist a site that promotes EULA violations and distribution of malware? At best you can say CCP holds a grudge and won't budge against pressure from kugu fanboys, but their stance on the issue is entirely understandable.
Hannibal Ord
Fer-De-Lance
#9 - 2011-10-30 08:40:41 UTC
Sreegs is a Gangsta OP can go jump down a well.
Goddess Ishtar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-10-30 08:44:01 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Dude, they're just trying to protect players from mal ware and account farming. Did a scan at the site and found 3 such devices.

No you didn't.
Prince Kobol
#11 - 2011-10-30 08:45:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Thank you for linking the post.

The sheer amount of tears is down right fantastic.

CCP.. please keep the censorship in place as the tears are just simply delightful Big smile

Also find it ironic that CCP Screeg is ex-goons, goons love tears, CCP Screeg is helping generating ocean of tears, goons are unhappy with said tears.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#12 - 2011-10-30 08:47:55 UTC
Rehabilitating Mr.K would be the PR disaster not using stern words saying no when pestered for it.
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#13 - 2011-10-30 08:49:00 UTC
You haven't been keeping up with the past few days developments then?

Some K supporters have started spamming every damn thread they can find completely ignoring original topics and what not. If that is the kind of people that live in that cesspool, then good riddance .. may they rot in pieces. Just another crude/rude group with a bull-horn demanding to be put on air.

Common courtesy is so easy that a child of five can learn it ..
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#14 - 2011-10-30 08:49:42 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
I thought CCP Sreegs was one of the 20%. Guess I was wrong.
Solo Player
#15 - 2011-10-30 08:50:04 UTC
DarkAegix wrote:
Solo Player wrote:
What a shame.

Our electronic old men and their 'flexibilites' will enable us to find the mythical city in the hills.

(A reference this obscure probably won't bode well Sad)

...and who will be crowned its kings. Or better than kings?
Goddess Ishtar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2011-10-30 08:50:31 UTC
non judgement wrote:
I thought CCP sreegs was one of the 20%

Like we would allow a Goon to get fired.
Solo Player
#17 - 2011-10-30 08:55:01 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:

How is it a mismanagement of public relations, that CCP refuses to un-blacklist a site that promotes EULA violations and distribution of malware? At best you can say CCP holds a grudge and won't budge against pressure from kugu fanboys, but their stance on the issue is entirely understandable.

Read my post again. I don't care about them unbanning k.com or not - I couldn't care less. It's the words and tone of sreegs' statement that is the problem. He's courting unrest with it, and no good will come out of it.

He should have simply ignored the proposal as CCP has so many others, or just said "No. Sorry, but not going to happen.".
Jita Alt666
#18 - 2011-10-30 08:56:25 UTC
That is one funny thread. Manny is angry. Postal angry.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#19 - 2011-10-30 09:08:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Solo Player wrote:
Destination SkillQueue wrote:

Read my post again. I don't care about them unbanning k.com or not - I couldn't care less. It's the words and tone of sreegs' statement that is the problem. He's courting unrest with it, and no good will come out of it.

He should have simply ignored the proposal as CCP has so many others, or just said "No. Sorry, but not going to happen.".

Copy Paste Response is not grounds for a PR disaster.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Solo Player
#20 - 2011-10-30 09:10:40 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:

Copy Paste Response.

?

Reply fail?
12Next page