These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

100 Million ISK to Kill a Freighter in Highsec

Author
Olf Barrenbur
Guardians of Asceticism
#61 - 2013-03-21 17:45:17 UTC
Sometimes it's not just about profit. It is a game after all ^

Grab a beer, gank some miners. Laugh about it, have a good time! Some people want to have fun, ya?

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-03-21 19:07:06 UTC
Olf Barrenbur wrote:

Grab a beer, gank some miners. Laugh about it, have a good time! Some people want to have fun, ya?

If we WANTED to have fun, we wouldn't be playing Eve.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#63 - 2013-03-22 00:23:52 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Arronicus wrote:
Except it is true. Invention jobs aren't garaunteed to successfully invent into T2 bpcs, but it happens, statistically, reliably enough, to be a profitable endeavour. The same goes for ships. Loot drops averaged out at 50% of the time. Thus, if you kill 10 freighters, each carrying 5bil, you will average out 2.5bil worth of loot per freighter.

Which game mechanic guarantees the availability of Freighters with 5b in cargo to gank?

While you know very well that my comment was made in regards to when freighters are cargo scanned, and selectively ganked based on fat cargo;

The one that allows freighters to be easily trained up, and stuffed full of loot. Years and years of freighter ganks support my statement. Surely, if there weren't some mechanic garaunteeing it, it wouldn't happen frequently, for years on end? Often on a multiple-times-per-day-basis.

The fact that players choose to stuff Freighters full of loot is not a game mechanic.

Try again.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#64 - 2013-03-22 02:13:31 UTC
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
Maybe I can make money selling stuff to you people.

Maybe. If interested, hit my up with an EVE mail, we can discuss this further.
Opertone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#65 - 2013-03-22 08:49:56 UTC
i think that very few people would want to do it on a everyday basis. You lose sec status, you can not enter hi sec again. These people would get very litte ISK wise.

So you need to start a suicide academy for lulz, and recruit new people everytime, letting people come and go. You need to give out full catalyst/thrasher packages at a price of a two million. (If you don't, markets will crash, ship/fittings will skyrocket)

You need to start a suicide gankers code, so that random new people do not shoot friendly gankers for lulz and ruin that attack run.

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#66 - 2013-03-24 14:46:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Thor Kerrigan
Opertone wrote:
i think that very few people would want to do it on a everyday basis. You lose sec status, you can not enter hi sec again. These people would get very litte ISK wise.

So you need to start a suicide academy for lulz, and recruit new people everytime, letting people come and go. You need to give out full catalyst/thrasher packages at a price of a two million. (If you don't, markets will crash, ship/fittings will skyrocket)

You need to start a suicide gankers code, so that random new people do not shoot friendly gankers for lulz and ruin that attack run.

If you look at my killboard, you will notice all characters doing those ganks are already -10.0. All we need to do is park the 40-50 catalysts in a 0.4 system bordering a 0.5 and sound the horn when an auto-piloting freighter travels through.

I would probably reward the highest DPS count and whoever gets on the pod killmail as well. This solves the "splitting it equally" issue. We already have some interested heads, but there are plenty more -10.0 characters out there who would jump on the occasion to do this for free.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#67 - 2013-03-24 16:19:08 UTC
Thor Kerrigan wrote:
Opertone wrote:

If you look at my killboard, you will notice all characters doing those ganks are already -10.0. All we need to do is park the 40-50 catalysts in a 0.4 system bordering a 0.5 and sound the horn when an auto-piloting freighter travels through.

I would probably reward the highest DPS count and whoever gets on the pod killmail as well. This solves the "splitting it equally" issue. We already have some interested heads, but there are plenty more -10.0 characters out there who would jump on the occasion to do this for free.

Still doesnt change the fact that everyone payout will be so small you would be better off just running missions.
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#68 - 2013-03-24 18:02:19 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Still doesnt change the fact that everyone payout will be so small you would be better off just running missions.

Why else do you run missions if not to get bil+ killmails? Smile
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#69 - 2013-03-24 22:02:08 UTC
Thor Kerrigan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Whats the point of being on a bil KM? Bragging right? We all know they can be faked anyway...
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#70 - 2013-03-25 00:28:54 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Thor Kerrigan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Whats the point of being on a bil KM? Bragging right? We all know they can be faked anyway...

That API verfied thing on Eve-kill. What a strange and mysterious tag to be affixed to some killmails. I wonder what it could POSSIBLY mean.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#71 - 2013-03-25 04:23:14 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
That API verfied thing on Eve-kill. What a strange and mysterious tag to be affixed to some killmails. I wonder what it could POSSIBLY mean.

Not the type of fake he was referring to (I assume).

Simply put, it only costs 1 bil to fake a 1 bil killmail.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Lord Battlestar
CALIMA COLLABORATIVE
Atrox Urbanis Respublique Abundatia
#72 - 2013-03-25 07:14:37 UTC
Good info, Considering the fleets I have been in getting 50 people to do this right would be near impossible lol. There is almost always someone who lemmings, goes afk at a bad time, has to leave early, or doesn't follow orders Lol

I once podded myself by blowing a huge fart.

Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#73 - 2013-03-25 07:15:51 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Olf Barrenbur wrote:

If we WANTED to have fun, we wouldn't be playing Eve.

For Scifi I believe EvE is the most desktop backgroundable game.
FWIFF0
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#74 - 2013-03-25 09:58:18 UTC
has anyone called this guy an idiot yet cause lol
FWIFF0
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#75 - 2013-03-25 09:59:14 UTC
Thor Kerrigan wrote:
Hello all,

I am a suicide ganker. Since the last hulkageddon, I have been perfecting the art.

My setup of choice today looks like this:

[Catalyst, Catalyst - T1 Suicide Ganker]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer I

Sensor Booster I, Scan Resolution Script or Initiated Harmonic Warp Scrambler I (requires perfect fittings, CPU issue)
Sensor Booster I, Scan Resolution Script

Light Neutron Blaster I, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
[empty rig slot]

I prefer this setup due to the cost being roughly 2 mil. When a T2-fit catalyst easily costs 5 times more for not even twice the DPS, this ship becomes a clear winner when you can bring more people.

I have been using this setup for some time now, practicing on mining barges and exhumers:
- Untanked Covetors can die to a single T1 catalyst in a 0.6, might even get the pod if skills are maxed (avg loot 5-15 mil).
- Retrievers with low-to-moderate tank can easily be killed with two T1 catalysts (avg loot 5-10 mil).
- Untanked Hulks can just barely be killed with two T1 catalysts in a 0.6 (avg loot 10-40 mil).
- Link to our killboard, feel free to check the last two months for confirmation of these numbers.

I did some number crunching concerning freighters and jump freighters:

EHPs Against Caldari Navy Antimatter with level 5 skills (no implants):

Providence - 192124
Charon - 181288
Obelisk - 202988
Fenrir - 172790

Ark - 345824
Rhea - 329735
Anshar - 371146
Nomad - 311021

T1 catalyst overheated volley: 830 (418 dps)

(1.0 - 0.9) 3 volleys = 2490
(0.8 - 0.7) 5 volleys = 4150
(0.6 - 0.5) 8 volleys = 6640

Amount of Catalysts needed (3 / 5 / 8 volleys):

Providence - 77 / 46 / 29
Charon - 73 / 43 / 27
Obelisk - 82 / 49 / 31
Fenrir - 69 / 42 / 26

Ark - 139 / 83 / 52
Rhea - 132 / 79 / 50
Anshar - 149 / 89 / 56
Nomad - 125 / 75 / 47

What have we learned:

1) Aim Minmatar, avoid Gallente
2) Taking variables into account, 50 catalysts (~100 mil) to gank a freighter in 0.5
2) Taking variables into account, 75 catalysts (~150 mil) to gank a jump freighter in 0.5

I am already manufacturing 500+ such catalysts per month. EVE mail me in-game if interested and await further instructions. Feel free to help me optimize further or provide me your most delicious tears.

Hi i gank freighters all the time and you dont know **** about **** stop posting.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#76 - 2013-03-25 10:30:00 UTC
Thor Kerrigan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Nobody ganks freighters just for the killmail.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#77 - 2013-03-25 10:34:28 UTC  |  Edited by: dexington
baltec1 wrote:

oh really?, have a look at this then...

http://rvbeve.com/red/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=460788

Last nights ganked roam, 73 mainly dessies/frigs killed a JF in hi-sec.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#78 - 2013-03-25 11:05:22 UTC
dexington wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Now go kill 56 more.

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#79 - 2013-03-26 01:52:16 UTC
FWIFF0 wrote:

Hi i gank freighters all the time and you dont know **** about **** stop posting.

How much does it cost to gank a freighter when you do it? Would you suppose that I could get more volunteers if we targeted exclusively Goonswarm's freighters? You guys seem to have lots of enemies Lol

dexington wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Sweet, I will add RvB to my list of contacts and send a notification when the date is set. These are the kinds of people I am looking for.
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#80 - 2013-05-04 04:14:26 UTC
bump