These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minority opinion about mining mechanics

Author
Risunt
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-03-21 13:40:49 UTC
There seem to be a lot of blog and forum posts recently decrying how bad mining is and calling for CCP to revamp it. Allow me to voice the minority opinion here: I like mining how it is now. I've been mining for over a year now, even after trying several other professions in Eve and other games. Even though I enjoy many other things in Eve, I keep coming back to mining. Its a nice relaxing way to spend an evening after work, and a way to spend a Saturday being productive.

Risunt
Grigori Annunaki
#2 - 2013-03-21 17:42:22 UTC
Mining is great if I'm already at my computer doing something else anyway. I'll throw the client on one screen while I'm working on the other. Then, I can glance over every so often or when the asteroid depleted notification fires. The occasional belt-obliterating corp op is entertaining, if only from the locust-like consumption of entire belts. But, on a day-to-day basis, there are other things I enjoy more.
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-03-22 11:03:31 UTC
The only thing I don't like about it atm is the wimpy sounds of the strip miners. I prefer the old noise that sounded like a planet being pulled in half.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#4 - 2013-03-22 11:24:21 UTC
Moonlit Raid wrote:
The only thing I don't like about it atm is the wimpy sounds of the strip miners. I prefer the old noise that sounded like a planet being pulled in half.

this, very much this.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-03-24 17:07:16 UTC
*facepalm*
Vanria Vexed
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-03-24 19:49:19 UTC
Moonlit Raid wrote:

Yes, I miss the old strip miner sounds

**Playing EVE at times feels like putting a 10000 piece puzzle together, enjoying the accomplishment of succedding in completing it, then having some random stranger walk by and flip your table over. **

Dave Stark
#7 - 2013-03-24 20:07:55 UTC
there are many things wrong with mining, however the mechanics of how mining is done is not one of the issues.
WilliamMays
Stuffs Inc.
#8 - 2013-03-24 20:36:23 UTC
Moonlit Raid wrote:

^^ this

and the old ice mining sound, that was just relaxing
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#9 - 2013-03-25 15:27:20 UTC
There is nothing wrong with mining as it is, well, except maybe the mining vessel rebalancing which I'm still not to keen on.

Please direct CCP's attention away from mining and onto something that is broken such as corporation roles & permissions. Smile

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-03-26 11:51:40 UTC
or null sec. Too many nullsecbears mining afk in high sec.... CCP please fix.