These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

WTB Dislike button on forums or way to downvote posts.

First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2013-03-23 12:13:22 UTC
Add two buttons.

Add bounty.

Add killright vote.

Both will cost you isk. Also the bounty and killrights are applied to every character on the account.
Noddy Comet
Lysdexic Agnostics - Thier is no Dog
#22 - 2013-03-23 14:32:02 UTC
Tiberius StarGazer wrote:
While I agree a dislike button would be useful, in the context of the forums it would actually reduce the level of feedback from critisism.

Does anyone honestly think having a dislike button for posts would still prevent the trolls, wannabe mods who cut-paste their "go away" links or "use search!" rather than just answering the question posted, and hi-sec haters from ship toasting in a thread with their "feedback from critisism (sp) anyways? Lol

[i]"The biggest problem with quotes on the Internet, is that just because it's on the Internet too many believe them to be real" -[/i]Abraham Lincoln's "Berlin Wall" speech at the 1984 Winter Olympics.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#23 - 2013-03-23 14:36:42 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:

Does anyone honestly think having a dislike button for posts would still prevent ...........

Nobody has said that except you. And, it's not even the point being made.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Klymer
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2013-03-23 14:51:45 UTC
just remove the like button
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#25 - 2013-03-23 15:07:33 UTC
NightCrawler 85 wrote:
(...)

The only way i can see that the "likes" "dislike" system actually working the way (im guessing) CCP intended is if you can leave a "public comment" with your like/dislike. As an example "I like this post because it made me laugh" or "I dislike this post because its just a bad idea". But implementing something like this would be pretty hard (since im not a computer person im assuming here) and i doubt it can be done.

So your options are pretty simple.. Instead of a "dislike" option you can either not respond to the person, or respond with valid questions and comments explaining why you dont like it and maybe get a useful and productive discussion out of it.

The "public comment" function also would be abused. Roll

FAI:

(dislike) Reason: boobiezz!!!

Roll

If you let the stoopid get out with it, the stoopid will outgrow everything else.
Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-03-23 15:08:54 UTC
I like this thread, its good. Roll
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#27 - 2013-03-23 15:39:14 UTC
“Dislike”? No.
“Add bounty”? Yes.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#28 - 2013-03-23 15:44:12 UTC
Tippia wrote:

“Add bounty”? Yes.

Seriously. Because of "login". What's that ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Noddy Comet
Lysdexic Agnostics - Thier is no Dog
#29 - 2013-03-23 15:47:03 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Noddy Comet wrote:

Does anyone honestly think having a dislike button for posts would still prevent ...........

Nobody has said....

Hey look, I can selectively quote and ignore the context of the original point being quoted too.. Roll

[i]"The biggest problem with quotes on the Internet, is that just because it's on the Internet too many believe them to be real" -[/i]Abraham Lincoln's "Berlin Wall" speech at the 1984 Winter Olympics.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#30 - 2013-03-23 15:49:48 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:

Does anyone honestly think having a dislike button for posts would still prevent the trolls, wannabe mods who cut-paste their "go away" links or "use search!" rather than just answering the question posted, and hi-sec haters from ship toasting in a thread with their "feedback from critisism (sp) anyways? Lol

Happy now ?

Ironically, changes nothing.

Aineko Macx
#31 - 2013-03-23 17:09:59 UTC
While I think downvotes are not a terrible idea, I think a better idea would be to make likes more meaningful by limiting their availability. ATM their infinite supply makes them worthless.
Tom Gerard
Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
#32 - 2013-03-23 17:11:41 UTC
Monnty wrote:

Now with 100% less Troll.

Josef Djugashvilis
#33 - 2013-03-23 17:35:15 UTC
On the good side, this would not be abused/used by any of the large alliances.

This is not a signature.

Turelus
Utassi Security
#34 - 2013-03-23 17:37:53 UTC
Do likes actually effect anything other than epeen?
I mean the "like" button everywhere has only proved that kittens and stupid cute things are more loved that constructive and well made things.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Ovv Topik
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-03-23 17:48:04 UTC
Tippia wrote:
“Dislike”? No.
“Add bounty”? Yes.

Yep Add bounty is the solution.

Then you can give someone "One Milllliiion dislikes!!!!"

"Nicknack, I'm in a shoe in space, on my computer, in my house, with a cup of coffee, in't that something." - Fly Safe PopPaddi. o7

Ovv Topik
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-03-23 17:49:47 UTC
Turelus wrote:
Do likes actually effect anything other than epeen?

Course they do!
You can read any statement and instantly see if the community support it.

"Nicknack, I'm in a shoe in space, on my computer, in my house, with a cup of coffee, in't that something." - Fly Safe PopPaddi. o7

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-03-23 19:36:30 UTC
Degren wrote:
I can't wait for the Dislike and Get Dislikes thread.

Amateur.
Still waiting for the "Report and Get Reported" thread.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#38 - 2013-03-23 19:41:01 UTC
CCP could make a killing selling a "Dislike" button App or simply charging ISK per "Dislike" registered.

Excellent micro-transaction waiting to happen. Twisted

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#39 - 2013-03-23 20:26:53 UTC
Topic moved to Features and Ideas Discussion forum.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Whitehound
#40 - 2013-03-23 21:36:55 UTC
Tippia wrote:
“Dislike”? No.
“Add bounty”? Yes.

I will never put my good ISKs on people who post bad ****.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Previous page123Next page