These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Christian Social (Corp for Christians) is now recruiting

Author
Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-03-20 10:19:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Traic Norimsky
Who is Christian Social?

Christian Social is exactly as the name implies. We're a Corp aimed for Christians who want to chat to like minded people while they are online.

What do we do?

First and foremost, we focus on the social side of playing Eve. If you want to speak about a subject close to your heart while you are stripping a belt, then we might be the Corp for you.

Once the community grows we will look into being a Corp in the more traditional sense, but for now we're looking to get the social scene going. Please don't get us wrong, we will grow and provide for our members - we just don't want to bite off more than we can chew.

So what do we want from you?

Not a lot really.

Tell me more!

To apply, we'll need your full API
You will be encouraged to use the voice comms server for communicating
Be friendly and active

In return, we will offer you:

A friendly, sociable Corp, with online community
We're just starting, so not a lot else at the moment - however, this will change as the Corp grows

I'm sold! Where do I sign up?

The easiest place to apply is to visit us on http://www.christiansocial.co.uk and fill out the small and easy application form.

We look forward to having you on board.

God bless.
Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-03-21 07:59:58 UTC
Still looking for new members Smile
DrunkenNinja
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-03-21 08:31:11 UTC
Can I join if i'm not a christian?
Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-03-22 08:07:15 UTC
DrunkenNinja wrote:
Can I join if i'm not a christian?

That defeats the point of it being a Christian Corp....
Kainos Kerensky
The Forsakened Few
We Forsakened Few
#5 - 2013-03-22 08:32:21 UTC
You're not a very good follower of the Lord if you turn down the lost. Clearly your corp is a hoax. See you in hell.

Kainos Kerensky "Prepare for teh Vandersex!"

Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-03-22 08:47:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Traic Norimsky
Kainos Kerensky wrote:
You're not a very good follower of the Lord if you turn down the lost. Clearly your corp is a hoax. See you in hell.

I'm not turning down the 'lost'. All I want is a Corp where I can talk to like minded Christians.

Why would a non-Christian want to join this sort of Corp anyway? If it's to talk about God, then no problem. If it's to argue against God then no thanks, I can get that many other places.
Prophet Avater
Imperium Technologies
Sigma Grindset
#7 - 2013-03-22 11:33:11 UTC
Can I join if I repent my sins?

Father I have sinned, last week, while flying through jita, I was approached by 3 very good looking woman, I just sold my wares and had some spare cash, after paying my bills, as I was walking down to the bar, they noticed I was a capsuler, so they walked up to me, and said, hey sexy, do you want a good time, I said certainly, but I'm into weird fetishes, so they walked up to my ship we all entered and I blindfolded all three, might as well have a bit of play acting as the deed was being done.

So after the deed where done, they asked for payment, so I showed them the door to the rubbish disposal, I still regret not harvesting there biomass.
Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-03-22 12:31:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Traic Norimsky
Lol, cool story bro. You are my hero.

[/sarcasm]
Maggie Evenstar
Unoriginal Corporation
#9 - 2013-03-22 13:51:44 UTC
Since you are mainly looking for like minded people to chat with, why don't you simply make a convo channel and make it invite only? I have a WH ops channel I manage like that so I can do WH stuff trans corp/alliance. You'll probably find it a lot easier to get people to join as well.
Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-03-23 08:39:08 UTC
Maggie Evenstar wrote:
Since you are mainly looking for like minded people to chat with, why don't you simply make a convo channel and make it invite only? I have a WH ops channel I manage like that so I can do WH stuff trans corp/alliance. You'll probably find it a lot easier to get people to join as well.

Thank you. That's a very valid point.

Don't get me wrong, I'd quite like to have a semi-successful Corp and do 'Corp Things (TM)' together, but this could be a good way to at least get people interested and on board.
Polaris Sagan
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-03-23 08:45:07 UTC
Sweet Jesus next they will be a muslim only corp or a pure atheist corp. Why cant people respect everyone for once and not star singling out religious beliefs.

This can only end badly, both on the forum and in game...
Joceline
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-03-23 10:00:04 UTC
Polaris Sagan wrote:
Sweet Jesus next they will be a muslim only corp or a pure atheist corp. Why cant people respect everyone for once and not star singling out religious beliefs.

It's about playing with people who share your own values, which can make the whole experience a lot more enjoyable. Not that hard to understand or accept, and faith based groups have been playing in games together for many years.

So play the game the way you want and with who you want, and let others do the same.
Tara Read
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2013-03-23 11:14:10 UTC
Can I make a "Gay Social" corp and not invite straight people? Oh wait I don't need to justify my views or personal life with a corp that isolates others from joining. Gotta love that Christian hospitality.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#14 - 2013-03-23 11:15:30 UTC
I feel validated and discriminated somehow. I prefer Scientologists, they don't get easy access to internets to make their own lore a main focus in a game about space ships and fake cashmoneydollars. C'mon, at least start a Goner cult and act like you are trying.

0/10
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-03-23 12:31:43 UTC
Joceline wrote:
Polaris Sagan wrote:

It's about playing with people who share your own values, which can make the whole experience a lot more enjoyable. Not that hard to understand or accept, and faith based groups have been playing in games together for many years.

So play the game the way you want and with who you want, and let others do the same.

I tend to agree with you here, but I also see the point of Polaris. Im a christian myself, and I think this corp is a bad idea purely because its alienating people. Some of the best discussions I've ever had about religion have been with aethiests.

I see both sides.

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

Kainos Kerensky
The Forsakened Few
We Forsakened Few
#16 - 2013-03-23 12:37:22 UTC
This should be moved to COAD and war decs should be levied. Let the blood of the heretics flow.

Kainos Kerensky "Prepare for teh Vandersex!"

Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-03-23 16:13:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Traic Norimsky
See below...
Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-03-23 16:17:39 UTC
I tell you what then, I'm going back on myself here. But perhaps I shouldn't be discriminating - therefore, if anyone wants to join all applications will be viewed on equal ground.

As well, if anyone wants to chat about Christianity, anyone at all, then pop in to the public chat "Christian Social"
Amir Freeman
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#19 - 2013-03-23 16:24:04 UTC
Lol how did I know some christian would make a corp like this since they think they are so special -____-
Traic Norimsky
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-03-23 16:25:55 UTC
Amir Freeman wrote:
Lol how did I know some christian would make a corp like this since they think they are so special -____-

Yeah, I think people are missing the point somehow. Would you walk in to a church and say "how did I know you bunch of muppets would make a building to worship your God" - well, if you do, please send me the video footage.
12Next page