These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thank you CCP for Caldari prime

Author
Boozer Hoover
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-03-23 09:41:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Boozer Hoover
A little bit of a backdrop to show my dedication to the event, before the summary.

I live in null, and had to go 37 jumps to participate. Once in luminaire (a full hour, before downtime) I purchased a sniping apoc so I can help participate in the events. I spent 250 mil isk- yea no big deal.

I am an Amarrian Pilot, and as such I hate gallente, and see the Caldari as only slightly worth assisting to rid Caldari prime of gallente.

During the fight, I did my best to help the Caldari forces, but seeing the hopelessness of the situation made me switch priorities. I started popping capsuleers. I myself gathered around two dozen killmails and many more assists.

So even though my apoc succumbed to bombers at the end of the fight, I thank you for the event. It was impressive and interesting, Ofcourse a few things would have been nice (the possibility of the Titan being saved, or at least doomsdaying a dread or striking the planet and taking out as many of the enemy gallente as possible)The only redeeming factor for me is that the destruction of the Titan will cause mass destruction on the planet.

A couple suggestions for next time though, bring in some npc ships that are great at frig popping, also I cringed every time the Titan was bumped so again smartbombs are your friends. Ramping up the fight would have been nice to, maybe a smaller npc fleet before the debs take control and blob, so the event might look more dynamic.

Summary,
I enjoyed the event, although it didn't go in my favor ( I even lost a battleship). Thank you for the exciting event, and hope you guys work on the tools for these events so it doesn't seem so predetermined, and more importantly so the devs running the events are not so limited by their own hi sec rules. (So the devs can kill those who are bumping the Titan without getting concorded, also so they can kill each other without flagging- instead of the concord black ops actually being killed it kind of just disappeared, also it would have been nice if the gallente fleet actually cynoed in, same as the wyverns)

Thanks again, can't wait for the next one.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-03-23 09:50:15 UTC
Go home Thorn, you're drunk.

Hello, hello again.

Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-03-23 09:54:51 UTC
This dude must have been tripping yeasterday...
Azami Nevinyrall
#4 - 2013-03-23 11:12:07 UTC
It was scripted...

Prince Kobol
#5 - 2013-03-23 11:14:30 UTC
Athena Maldoran wrote:

Nope, unlike you he was one of many many many people who got involved in the live event and had a blast.

Also can you please keep posting as your tears are making the Live event even more of a success Big smile
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#6 - 2013-03-23 11:17:37 UTC
Oh you were the apoc ! I was in an executionner flying near you several times but I had juicer targets in mind. P

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Owena Owoked
Dedicated Individuals Committed to Killing
#7 - 2013-03-23 11:18:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Owena Owoked
They need a live event every week.

EDIT: Think of it as like a blow off valve for the devs. They get into some badass pirate NPC ships and control them in an incursion that randomly takes place every friday or saturday possibly sunday in some system that was miraculously reinforced the night before by the server gods to go out and kill capsuleers until 5 minutes after downtime the server broadcast systems announces the system in jeopardy. That would be fun.
Kha'Vorn
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-03-23 11:27:07 UTC
I'm just waiting on the tears as all those kill rights start getting claimed.
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#9 - 2013-03-23 12:20:19 UTC
We all knew that the Titan had to die somehow, so yes in part it was scripted in order to move the story along, but why does that really matter when you got to have fun anyways, unless you wernt actually there and are just crying cause you feel like it. for me the run up to it was fun, and the huge conga line we had as a Gallente assault fleet was funny as hell, my only regret was that i had to leave for work before everyone got flagged.

I've noticed that people will always complain about something no matter what, first world problems hey ;)
Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-03-23 15:05:30 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Athena Maldoran wrote:

Nope, unlike you he was one of many many many people who got involved in the live event and had a blast.

Also can you please keep posting as your tears are making the Live event even more of a success Big smile

Theres no tears in this thread^^
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#11 - 2013-03-23 19:42:28 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Athena Maldoran wrote:

It was only a success for a small number of people that wanted to get involved. And if your idea of success is 30% of the people that wanted in getting in....You must be used to getting screwed...Lol

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Dave Stark
#12 - 2013-03-23 19:53:16 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Athena Maldoran wrote:

It was only a success for a small number of people that wanted to get involved. And if your idea of success is 30% of the people that wanted in getting in....You must be used to getting screwed...Lol

if 70% of people were too ******** to get there in advance, that ain't CCP's problem.

guessing from all the butthurt that you were part of the 70%?
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#13 - 2013-03-23 20:05:21 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Athena Maldoran wrote:

if 70% of people were too ******** to get there in advance, that ain't CCP's problem.

guessing from all the butthurt that you were part of the 70%?

Are you really this ignorant?
Did you not see the 1000's of players sitting in the surrounding systems trying to get in?

I did stage in system with a clone and ships. Just couldn't log into system the next morning, for hours...

And if you are a real player and not a CCP stooge, and think that CCP is supplying the service your paying for, you really should join Test...you'd fit right in.

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Dave Stark
#14 - 2013-03-23 20:10:25 UTC
no, i was too busy in the system enjoying the spectacle because i wasn't ******** and left everything to the last minute.

i bet you'd also be the first to moan when the server dies because 3000 people crammed in to one system and ccp didn't cap it. wouldn't you?
Commander A9
True North Solutions
Aurora Alliance
#15 - 2013-03-24 03:53:29 UTC
Props to everyone who showed up! I had fun!

230 people in fleet...was the largest fleet I've ever been in. I brought a Hurricane (instead of my Machariel thinking I'd be the first to die, or my Hyperion because I thought it might be too slow or valuable to risk) and woke up at 0730 USA EST / 1130 EVE time, and got on-site immediately. It was pretty cool to see the Titan getting bumped around.

Had to REALLY crash my settings to render what I needed to and handle the strain, but I came out intact and I put rounds on every Caldari capital ship.

I'm really glad I was a part of this! :D

Recommendations:

-enable ships wobbling in hangar view (pre-Captains Quarters)

-add more missions (NPC fleet vs. NPC fleets that actually shoot)

-STOP NERFING EVERYTHING!

Join Live Events!