These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

I will stand as witness to the unlawful destruction of Odo Korachi ship and DED property.

Author
Slutty Underwear
Ephesians trading and farming
#1 - 2013-03-22 22:44:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Slutty Underwear
The actions of Visera Yanala today was beyond madness. The unnecessary military build up by the Caldari Navy can only be described as lunacy.

Many times Visera Yanala was asked to stop the folly. But she did not heed the warnings. Many times she was asked pull back from the brink of despair. Only for her to commit a most hanus crime of open hostile combat on DED ships. Namely the Battleship of Odo Korachi.

I will stand witness to this criminal act.

I as a Forward Scout & Liaison for Capsuleers to Concord. I Hereby ask that a hearing be convened by the 4 Sovereign Empires and Concord as soon as possible to establish a full and conclusive chain of events that not only lead to the destruction of DED property. But the countless lost of lives in and around the orbit of Caldari Prime in Luminaire and on the planet surface below by the Caldari Navy and Federation Navy.
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#2 - 2013-03-22 22:46:14 UTC
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#3 - 2013-03-22 22:54:41 UTC
Mister Korachi refused to vacate restricted Caldari air space after several warnings, and was fired upon as a result.

CONCORD are not our overlords, they do not have free reign to shove themselves into internal empire affairs just because they're CONCORD.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#4 - 2013-03-22 22:57:02 UTC
The DED ordered the Leviathan to stand down or face the consequences. You cannot blame the Admiral for refusing to sit and be shot at.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

DamnDirtyCat
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-03-22 23:06:44 UTC  |  Edited by: DamnDirtyCat
Caldari Prime had its space violated by a Federation "scout" the day prior. It is no surprise that a DED ship intentionally repeating the violation would be treated more harshly. If anyone should be entitled to a hearing, it is the suffering people of Caldari Prime whose lives were changed forever by an unwarranted and carelessly dangerous attack by the Gallente Federation that left a cultural artifact in ruins along with a disgusting amount of collateral damage.
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#6 - 2013-03-22 23:08:52 UTC
The DED ordered the fleet stand down because the Caldari Navy on site were publicly announced the intentions of using the Oblivion doomsday against the planetside, an action which would have broken the terms of the Yulai convention.

When directly challenged on this and refused to comply with questioning, he did his job as DED Enforcement and called for a stand down. CONCORD has a duty to protect civilians, and they were at risk.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#7 - 2013-03-22 23:10:41 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Mister Korachi refused to vacate restricted Caldari air space after several warnings, and was fired upon as a result.

CONCORD are not our overlords, they do not have free reign to shove themselves into internal empire affairs just because they're CONCORD.

What you mean is "CONCORD should only intervene in matters I approve of."

CONCORD's remit is to uphold the terms of the Yulai Convention. If the Yulai Convention is potentially being breached, CONCORD has the right, and, in fact, the responsibility to intervene to prevent it. The DED official suspected the Titan was preparing to launch an orbital bombardment on the planet, which would be a clear vioaltion of the Yulai Convention. The DED official gave fair warning of this to the Admiral and demanded a status report on her ships engineering and weapons. Instead of providing them, she then fired on him. Lo and behold, the Titan subsequently began preparing for an orbital bombardment.

Admiral Yanala has zero wiggle room in this matter.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Per Bastet
B.O.O.M
Obsidian Mining Coalition
#8 - 2013-03-22 23:14:20 UTC
Caellach Marellus wrote:
The DED ordered the fleet stand down because the Caldari Navy on site were publicly announced the intentions of using the Oblivion doomsday against the planetside, an action which would have broken the terms of the Yulai convention.

When directly challenged on this and refused to comply with questioning, he did his job as DED Enforcement and called for a stand down. CONCORD has a duty to protect civilians, and they were at risk.



Concord's Duty only Extends to Capsuleers. Not the Empires.

Quote:
The DED is the police force and paramilitary wing of CONCORD and is by far the strongest armed force in the world of New Eden that doesn’t pledge fealty to any one empire. The main responsibility of the DED is to track high-profile criminals and attack criminal facilities. Among the other responsibilities of the DED is aiding customs officials in patrolling areas where smuggling is rife.



Source DED Information Page

"Whether the paranoid conspiracy theory community has had a separate trial process and decided other crazy batshit insane garbage was true I can't attest to as I don't subscribe to that mailing list and instead deal in the realm of fact."  - CCP Sreegs, 2013

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#9 - 2013-03-22 23:25:20 UTC
Per Bastet wrote:
Caellach Marellus wrote:
The DED ordered the fleet stand down because the Caldari Navy on site were publicly announced the intentions of using the Oblivion doomsday against the planetside, an action which would have broken the terms of the Yulai convention.

When directly challenged on this and refused to comply with questioning, he did his job as DED Enforcement and called for a stand down. CONCORD has a duty to protect civilians, and they were at risk.



Concord's Duty only Extends to Capsuleers. Not the Empires.

Quote:
The DED is the police force and paramilitary wing of CONCORD and is by far the strongest armed force in the world of New Eden that doesn’t pledge fealty to any one empire. The main responsibility of the DED is to track high-profile criminals and attack criminal facilities. Among the other responsibilities of the DED is aiding customs officials in patrolling areas where smuggling is rife.



Source DED Information Page




[ 2013.03.22 15:47:28 ] Odo Korachi > ANY FIRE ON LUMINAIRE VII WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A BREACH OF THE YULAI CONVENTION


I'll go with the Brigadier General on this one with regards to full terms of the Yulai Convention and CONCORD Law.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Lialus Raithe
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-03-23 00:40:00 UTC
DamnDirtyCat wrote:
Caldari Prime had its space violated by a Federation "scout" the day prior. It is no surprise that a DED ship intentionally repeating the violation would be treated more harshly. If anyone should be entitled to a hearing, it is the suffering people of Caldari Prime whose lives were changed forever by an unwarranted and carelessly dangerous attack by the Gallente Federation that left a cultural artifact in ruins along with a disgusting amount of collateral damage.


This is, of course, ignoring the unwarranted and dangerous attack on the planet that changed the lives of all the civilians in the first place by the Caldari State five years ago that everyone seems to keep forgetting about. The citizens on that planet were Federation citizens.

I do not fault the Caldari for their desire to return to their ancestral home world. I do fault them for the methods they chose to employ to do so and for the manner in which they sought to maintain their hold on the planet. Just as I fault the Federation for failing to consider the collateral of this event or, if they have considered it, considering it acceptable.
Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#11 - 2013-03-23 01:13:27 UTC
Lialus Raithe wrote:
DamnDirtyCat wrote:
Caldari Prime had its space violated by a Federation "scout" the day prior. It is no surprise that a DED ship intentionally repeating the violation would be treated more harshly. If anyone should be entitled to a hearing, it is the suffering people of Caldari Prime whose lives were changed forever by an unwarranted and carelessly dangerous attack by the Gallente Federation that left a cultural artifact in ruins along with a disgusting amount of collateral damage.


This is, of course, ignoring the unwarranted and dangerous attack on the planet that changed the lives of all the civilians in the first place by the Caldari State five years ago that everyone seems to keep forgetting about. The citizens on that planet were Federation citizens.

I do not fault the Caldari for their desire to return to their ancestral home world. I do fault them for the methods they chose to employ to do so and for the manner in which they sought to maintain their hold on the planet. Just as I fault the Federation for failing to consider the collateral of this event or, if they have considered it, considering it acceptable.


Tell you what, lets make CONCORD the official government of all New Eden and not give the Four Empires the ability to access any of their rights as Sovereign states.

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#12 - 2013-03-23 03:07:13 UTC
Somewhere the Thukker tribe is laughing.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Inara Subaka
Tyrathlion Interstellar
Rote Kapelle
#13 - 2013-03-23 03:28:31 UTC
Caellach Marellus wrote:
[ 2013.03.22 15:47:28 ] Odo Korachi > ANY FIRE ON LUMINAIRE VII WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A BREACH OF THE YULAI CONVENTION


I'll go with the Brigadier General on this one with regards to full terms of the Yulai Convention and CONCORD Law.



Because those in authority always speak the truth of the bounds of their authority? I've flown with you before, I know you're not that blind, Marellus.

Korachi was posturing, trying to prevent an escalation of conflict. Unfortunately, they failed and it cost a rather large number of lives in the last day.

One could possibly say that waving all DED intervention in the system, and allowing their actual sphere of influence to go awry is a criminal action in itself. DED refused to respond to any Capsuleer engagements, even though that is their dedicated mandate in high security space; required by the Yulai convention itself.
Vikarion
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-03-23 03:59:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Vikarion
Inara Subaka wrote:
One could possibly say that waving all DED intervention in the system, and allowing their actual sphere of influence to go awry is a criminal action in itself. DED refused to respond to any Capsuleer engagements, even though that is their dedicated mandate in high security space; required by the Yulai convention itself.


Oh, my dear, haven't you heard? The Yulai convention only holds when it is Caldari or Amarr interests that are harmed by it. Spirits forbid that the DED ever take action against the Minmatar or the faction that they refer to as a "utopia". Hell, the Republic can actually blow them and their station to high heaven and the only retaliation is...well, nothing. It's quite reasonable to now allege that those behind CONCORD are running this cluster for the benefit of the Republic and Federation.
Ryin Inkura
Xero Initiative.
#15 - 2013-03-23 05:01:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Ryin Inkura
This was a delicate situation bound to erupt into a fullscale engagement at any given moment. Brigadier General Korachi provoked Admiral Yanala by ignoring her requests to vacate the area. Tensions were already high with Gallente scouts surveying the area as is. So as far as I'm concerned, The Admiral's actions were perfectly justified. As for these claims... I doubt an Admiral whose served within the Caldari Navy for eight-five years would glass Caldari Prime. The claims are ludicrous.


Never the less, CONCORD provoked the Fleet. CONCORD ignited the flash point between the Federation and the State. CONCORD is solely responsible for the civilian and military lives lost both on and in orbit of Caldari Prime.

"There's always profit in both war and peace."

Mekhana
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-03-23 05:42:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Mekhana
Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

The bomb was rigged the moment that Leviathan was put into orbit. It just happened to have a very long fuse.

Vide longe er eros di Luminaire VII, uni canse pra krage e determiniex! Sange por Sange! Descanse bravex eros, mie freires. Mortir por vostre Liberete, farmilie, ide e amis. lons Proviste sen mort! Luminaire liber mas! 

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#17 - 2013-03-23 05:49:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Eli Green
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Somewhere the Thukker tribe is laughing.


Confirming this is quite amusing.

However next time avoid the collateral, it's done neither side any good.

wumbo

ColonelNick
Providence Guard
#18 - 2013-03-23 05:56:28 UTC
Vikarion wrote:
Inara Subaka wrote:
One could possibly say that waving all DED intervention in the system, and allowing their actual sphere of influence to go awry is a criminal action in itself. DED refused to respond to any Capsuleer engagements, even though that is their dedicated mandate in high security space; required by the Yulai convention itself.


Oh, my dear, haven't you heard? The Yulai convention only holds when it is Caldari or Amarr interests that are harmed by it. Spirits forbid that the DED ever take action against the Minmatar or the faction that they refer to as a "utopia". Hell, the Republic can actually blow them and their station to high heaven and the only retaliation is...well, nothing. It's quite reasonable to now allege that those behind CONCORD are running this cluster for the benefit of the Republic and Federation.



Well said, Vikarion.

Republic fleet and Thukker Tribe vessels destroy the DED station in Yulai and there was no consequence for it at all. Yet suddenly we as Caldari have to be forced to stand down when defending ourselves. CONCORD is a Gallente corporation as far as I'm concerned, regardless of their official "neutral" standing.

The blood spilled today of the Caldari Navy and CNS Shiigeru will be repaid, with interest.

ColonelNick, CEO, Providence Guard, Callsign: "Codeine"

Ryin Inkura
Xero Initiative.
#19 - 2013-03-23 06:07:23 UTC
ColonelNick wrote:

The blood spilled today of the Caldari Navy and CNS Shiigeru will be repaid, with interest.


Amen to that.

"There's always profit in both war and peace."

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#20 - 2013-03-23 14:52:20 UTC
Per Bastet wrote:
Caellach Marellus wrote:
The DED ordered the fleet stand down because the Caldari Navy on site were publicly announced the intentions of using the Oblivion doomsday against the planetside, an action which would have broken the terms of the Yulai convention.

When directly challenged on this and refused to comply with questioning, he did his job as DED Enforcement and called for a stand down. CONCORD has a duty to protect civilians, and they were at risk.



Concord's Duty only Extends to Capsuleers. Not the Empires.

Quote:
The DED is the police force and paramilitary wing of CONCORD and is by far the strongest armed force in the world of New Eden that doesn’t pledge fealty to any one empire. The main responsibility of the DED is to track high-profile criminals and attack criminal facilities. Among the other responsibilities of the DED is aiding customs officials in patrolling areas where smuggling is rife.



Source DED Information Page


Where does it say that it only concerns itself with capsuleers exactly ?
12Next page