These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Watershed moment? The Apostle shrugged

Author
mkint
#41 - 2011-10-30 00:13:53 UTC
The Apostle wrote:

Discuss...

No.

Go discuss it in CAOD, and stop filling up GD with yet another thread about some turd pants you worship.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#42 - 2011-10-30 00:16:18 UTC
Tanya Fox wrote:
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:

-Tears are delicious. The more you shed the tastier it is.

Tears are getting boring, it's been done to death multiple times.

People even claim tears where there are none.

yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

tears are like beauty. it's all about the eye of the beholder.

The Apostle wrote:
Tippia wrote:
If the players don't want to defend themselves in spite of (supposedly) great costs, then that's their problem.

So you're in favour that missioners should be allowed to be ganked. No Concord in mission space?

When has it ever been otherwise in Eve? When has anything CCP ever said given you the illusion that players ANYWHERE are not allowed to be ganked?

I think this is not the game you are looking for Apostle. Play the game for what it is, we all like to improve Eve but it sounds like you want to fundamentally change the game. For that you can gtfo.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2011-10-30 00:19:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Tippia wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
So you're in favour that missioners should be allowed to be ganked. No Concord in mission space?
Non sequitur. Missioners are already allowed to be ganked.

quote opposite.

Gankers are allowed to gank.

winter coming become ganker yourself for cost of 1mil you can gank any exhumer you chose .

get friend into fleet for just three mil you can gank officer fitted palladin .. enjoy your stay.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#44 - 2011-10-30 00:21:03 UTC
Tippia wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Non sequitur. Missioners are already allowed to be ganked.

Of course they are. Except Concord is far better at stopping a missioner gank unless a large gank fleet is deployed, that's why it's rarely done.

Unless you intend to haggle over tank on military vessels versus mining vessels? I suspect you will so I added it as a seperate line to make it easier for you to quote ad infinitum.

Why. How. What. When.... <<< even added some C/P for you. Enjoy.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

The Apostle
Doomheim
#45 - 2011-10-30 00:25:23 UTC
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
When has it ever been otherwise in Eve? When has anything CCP ever said given you the illusion that players ANYWHERE are not allowed to be ganked?

I think this is not the game you are looking for Apostle. Play the game for what it is, we all like to improve Eve but it sounds like you want to fundamentally change the game. For that you can gtfo.

See my response to Tippia. To say ganking of mission boats is equal to ganking of miners is a little daft dontcha think? That's denying the obvious and implies that you have no idea about the differences in vessels.

Seriously. It's a lame argument used far too often, why, I have no idea. Roll

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

The Apostle
Doomheim
#46 - 2011-10-30 00:28:29 UTC
mkint wrote:
The Apostle wrote:

Discuss...

No.

Go discuss it in CAOD, and stop filling up GD with yet another thread about some turd pants you worship.

lol. CAOD? Go back and read the OP and try again.

Or stfu.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#47 - 2011-10-30 00:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
The Apostle wrote:
Of course they are. Except Concord is far better at stopping a missioner gank unless a large gank fleet is deployed, that's why it's rarely done.
Lolno. CONCORD is just as good at stopping missioner ganks — i.e. not at all. That's not their job, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. That's why mission runners have always been the most paranoid bunch when it comes to being ganked (perhaps tied with haulers who “accidentally” go AFK): because they're such common targets.

You're making a classic black-swan mistake by generalising from an exceptional event. You've somehow come to believe that miners are a particularly set upon group of people, when in fact they're such worthless targets that it requires highly publicised special events with rewards and public epeen waving for anyone to even consider hunting them. Outside of those events, people go after the targets that are actually worth anything: mission runners and traders.
Quote:
Unless you intend to haggle over tank on military vessels versus mining vessels?
Your average mission ship will actually have a tank that's not all that far away from what you can get on a Hulk, as far as ganking them is concerned.
Quote:
To say ganking of mission boats is equal to ganking of miners is a little daft dontcha think?
Yes, it's a bit daft. Ganking miners is rare and doesn't generate particularly costly losses.
mkint
#48 - 2011-10-30 00:30:54 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
mkint wrote:
The Apostle wrote:

Discuss...

No.

lol. CAOD? Go back and read the OP and try again.

Or stfu.

No.

If you don't want to take your hero worship to caod, then take your whining to c/p. Either way, nobody likes you any more.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2011-10-30 00:35:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
yet waiting for an hulk to have over 230k ehp with 600 dps output and TP and dual webb .. with 700 m/s speed and good agility.

well suicide ganking happens nothing bad about it. It can be somewhat prevented... aka if you are in mission than your alt in noctis just sitting in entry acc gate you see gank which can shoot your ship you warp off ..

as far as miner go .. well no .. you cant even counter anything by having logis since you get alphaed by 30mil ship soon / price to be discussed/

if you are missioner having fleet of other ten vessels with you will signifacntly reduce chance of you being sucide ganked, being in exhumer having an fleet accomplish nothing.

I dont care that much as i dont mine, but if drone region get nerfed and null alliances will not take it as an opportunity to get more industrialsits in their ranks and just put an blind eye the consequences could be severe.

when people says tactics and strategics the proffesionals says logistics / moving stuff...

Secure your dominance by having good supply of material/ships/modules/people.
CATPAIN KIRK
State War Academy
Caldari State
#50 - 2011-10-30 00:37:52 UTC
I thnick the OP is an idot.
Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#51 - 2011-10-30 00:45:10 UTC
I'd like to state that suicide ganking campaigns are great PR for CCP. The gaming press eats it up.

Suicide ganking is here to stay, deal wiz it~

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#52 - 2011-10-30 00:45:45 UTC
CATPAIN KIRK wrote:

The most perfect post.

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

The Apostle
Doomheim
#53 - 2011-10-30 00:46:38 UTC
Tippia wrote:
]Your average mission ship will actually have a tank that's not all that far away from what you can get on a Hulk, as far as ganking them is concerned.

Are you for REAL??????? When was the last time you saw a Hulk tank 15-20+ battleships? You "Ma'am" are ******* amazing.

But get this...

- If I say make mission space Concord free it's vehemently opposed by mission runners. (Tippia and friends)
- If I say remove Concord completely and let Eve be open slather for PvP, the highsec "PvP'ers" fight it vehemently.
- If I suggest a miner has a right to some safety, I'm told "It's a sandbox", "This is Eve", "HTFU"....

Ofc it is. Right up until I suggest you put YOUR ass on the line. Then, THEN it's everything is "working as intended", "this is how it is", "accepted game mechanic", "normal" yadda ya.

It's a ******* joke.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2011-10-30 00:48:03 UTC
Andski wrote:
I'd like to state that suicide ganking campaigns are great PR for CCP. The gaming press eats it up.

Suicide ganking is here to stay, deal wiz it~

true, however it makes you think

What kind of people will join the game where is "moral" "higher ground" just an idea to be spit on.

Big smile

nah huge chunk of EVE players are actually carebears those who provides such "entertainment" are in really really small numbers.

Even whole Goonswarm federation are just like 1/30 of the high sec carebears. if they gank up together and sit in their ruptures they will tear apart anything in null sec Big smile
The Apostle
Doomheim
#55 - 2011-10-30 00:49:15 UTC
CATPAIN KIRK wrote:

Was that "think" or "thick"?

Was that an "idiot" or a new alliance?

Best you post again.

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#56 - 2011-10-30 00:49:36 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Tippia wrote:
]Your average mission ship will actually have a tank that's not all that far away from what you can get on a Hulk, as far as ganking them is concerned.

Are you for REAL??????? When was the last time you saw a Hulk tank 15-20+ battleships? You "Ma'am" are ******* amazing.

But get this...

- If I say make mission space Concord free it's vehemently opposed by mission runners. (Tippia and friends)
- If I say remove Concord completely and let Eve be open slather for PvP, the highsec "PvP'ers" fight it vehemently.
- If I suggest a miner has a right to some safety, I'm told "It's a sandbox", "This is Eve", "HTFU"....

Ofc it is. Right up until I suggest you put YOUR ass on the line. Then, THEN it's everything is "working as intended", "this is how it is", "accepted game mechanic", "normal" yadda ya.

It's a ******* joke.

CATPAIN KIRK wrote:

Not empty quoting.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#57 - 2011-10-30 01:07:46 UTC
XIRUSPHERE wrote:
okst666 wrote:
XIRUSPHERE wrote:
Concord is there to blow up a ship after a criminal act, that's it, that's all it ever has been. They are by no means " protection ".

It would be cool if concord would act like real police would do...but with a chance.

they should patrol and follow suspects (negative secstatus for example...or killed people in the last 3 month) where ever they go with a chance of 33% ...target someone in highsec...concord targets you (80% chance) ..first shot on possible victim and you will be vaporized by concord.(100% chance)

As long as they act like real police and follow disproportionate amounts of matar pilots, take epic breaks around quafe dispensers eating donuts and are easily bribed. Big smile

OH lawdy i wish i could like a post more than once. Regional differences in the behaviour of CONCORD, gate and station guns, caused by sec level of system, status of player, could deliver immensely complex and entertaining wrinkles to empire. Except for the bribing bit, since everybody has to be equally liable to consequences. But the variable hassling of pilots would be great and I imagine it would only take a little coding to create a crazy web of NPC behaviour. Testing it might be a bit huge.

Sorry OP, ganking is part of eve. Humans need play and danger, civilisation offers them work and safety, eve is the most beautiful realisation of the playful danger, don't let the gankers get you down.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#58 - 2011-10-30 01:16:58 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Are you for REAL??????? When was the last time you saw a Hulk tank 15-20+ battleships?
Fun fact: you don't need 15-20+ battleships to gank a mission runner. You do know that the kind of tank you use in missions is not in any way the kind of tank you'd want to use to make yourself somewhat gank-resistant, right?
Quote:
- If I say make mission space Concord free it's vehemently opposed by mission runners.
…because you haven't really provided much of a reason why such a change should happen (as usual).
Quote:
- If I suggest a miner has a right to some safety, I'm told
…that they already have it, if they choose to. Most don't and that's really their problem, not an issue with the game.
Quote:
Ofc it is. Right up until I suggest you put YOUR ass on the line. Then, THEN it's everything is "working as intended"
Wow. You're really confused by consistency aren't you.

No, everything is working as intended, and has done so all along, no matter whose arse is or was on the line. That's why all your suggestions are met with the same question: because you can never explain what's wrong and why it needs to change. You just go on claiming that things must change(!)… and then you can't explain why.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#59 - 2011-10-30 01:23:26 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Sorry OP, ganking is part of eve. Humans need play and danger, civilisation offers them work and safety, eve is the most beautiful realisation of the playful danger, don't let the gankers get you down.

Yes. Ganking is part of Eve.

And my OP asks whether it should remain where mining vessels are FOTF (flavour of the forever ) and Concord needs to be buffed to provide some kind of levelling or should Concord be disarmed away from stations and gates bringing MORE targets into a "probable" ganking range.

There's a line being followed that missioners (for example) are "gankable" as well. Yes, agreed, ALL vessels are "gankable". But the probability of success is so far seperated between that of a mining vessel versus a PvE vessel that it's ludicrous.

My post is a challenge to the gank advocates.

If ganking unarmed vessels is "neccessary" for good game play, yadda ya, how about we decrease the range and effectiveness of Concord to increase the likelihood of MORE ganks.

To whit. Either ganking is acceptable and EVERYONE should be roundly and fairly gankable.... Or not.

tbh: I'm on the fence with this one.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2011-10-30 01:24:35 UTC
Well Tippia i allready put an comment regarding mission runners/ incursion runners etc.

Look at it :

Exhumer alone / ganked by 2mil ship soon

Mission runner alone / ganked by tier 3 BC

now

Mission runner and ten friends / probably not worth the effort the ganker have to use to succeed

Exhumer and ten friends / same story as Exhumer alone

See it it doesnt add up

Even if you got exhumer with thousands strong sub cap fleet include 200 guardians and bassilisks and hundreds of supercapitals

he will still get killed by the same two mil ship.