These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Contact lost with surface of Caldari Prime; Leviathan into low orbit

Author
Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#1 - 2013-03-22 12:47:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Seriphyn Inhonores
Admiral Visera Yanala confirmed that contact was lost with the surface of Caldari Prime at 11:01 New Eden Standard Time over Luminaire local comms this hour.

This has pressed the Leviathan-class titan to move into low orbit, prompting (as you already may know) a large capsuleer presence.

EDIT - Seems the Scope has already reported on this.
Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#2 - 2013-03-22 12:57:41 UTC
Gods save us.
Quinzel Nikulainen
Kokako Acquisitions
#3 - 2013-03-22 13:09:46 UTC
I have been working in an official capacity for near enough half of my life.

This is the first time in those years that I have felt... stress.

... I have nothing adequate to say. I don't think anybody does.

Ex-Kaalakiota citizen. Ex-Hyasyoda citizen. CEO of KŌKAK, a Nugoeihuvi affiliate corporation.

Arista Shahni
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-03-22 13:30:28 UTC
I've been in deadspace too long to know exactly what's been going on, but now I'm mildly curious as to whether I inadvertly moved close to what could be considered a 'bad neighbrhood'.

"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you - so the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.  And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree, so the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all."

Lialus Raithe
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-03-22 13:48:34 UTC
Words cannot adequately express the turmoil we now face.

Here we are, the authors of the present day, participants in the stage of history; to gash yet another scar into time. When the dust and smoke settles, how deep will we have cut and who will have paid the price? Will this be the final cut before the healing begins or merely the tip of the sword we seek to impale ourselves upon?

What manner of monster will we have become?
Andreus Ixiris
SergalJerk
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2013-03-22 13:55:26 UTC
It will all end in fire.

Let it come. Let it all burn.

There's no going back. No way to undo any of it. Let it all end.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#7 - 2013-03-22 14:00:30 UTC
Seems the mass influx of travel temporarily disabled the Cynosaural field jammers in Luminaire for a short while. An unknown size Federation capital fleet was seen moving out of Algogille in this period.

In responce the Caldari have jumped in four Wyvern class Supercarriers which have rendezvoused with the Shiigaru.

We now have a Supercarrier named the Tovil in Luminaire, I can only presume someone has a warped sense of humour in Caldari Naval Command.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Tahrmal Nalthkh
Disciples of Ston
#8 - 2013-03-22 14:12:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Tahrmal Nalthkh
Contact with the planet has been restorered. We intercepted this communication from the Titan:

[14:09:39] Visera Yanala > ALERT - 37th Squadron - First set of orbital strike co-ordinates received - awaiting fire order!

Edit: They have downgraded to Idle moments later.

Dr. Tahrmal Nalthkh CEO, DSTON Rescue Pilot

Lialus Raithe
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-03-22 14:16:10 UTC
Tahrmal Nalthkh wrote:
Contact with the planet has been restorerwe

[14:09:39] Visera Yanala > ALERT - 37th Squadron - First set of orbital strike co-ordinates received - awaiting fire order!

That is not communication from the planet, most likely. It is communication from Caldari Naval Command.

It seems the course is set.
Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera
#10 - 2013-03-22 14:17:30 UTC
*Silas sips her wine and turns up the volume for the incoming news feeds*

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#11 - 2013-03-22 14:21:19 UTC
Lialus Raithe wrote:
Tahrmal Nalthkh wrote:
Contact with the planet has been restorerwe

That is not communication from the planet, most likely. It is communication from Caldari Naval Command.

It seems the course is set.

Communication with the planet was restored shortly around the same time the Wyverns made contact with the Leviathan.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

BloodBird
Eve Defence Force
ChaosTheory.
#12 - 2013-03-22 14:23:01 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
It will all end in fire.

You and I are going to need a serious chat as soon as the world is done ending in Luminaire.

Lialus Raithe
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-03-22 14:24:26 UTC
Caellach Marellus wrote:
Communication with the planet was restored shortly around the same time the Wyverns made contact with the Leviathan.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. So, even with communication restored, they're proceeding with the orbital bombardment?
Caviar Liberta
Moira.
Villore Accords
#14 - 2013-03-22 14:24:52 UTC
*transmital over clear unsecured* 181 253 421 932
Operational

Drum

Reach

Step

Star Light

*End transmission*
Rhiannon Dellacorte
Liberty Vanguard
#15 - 2013-03-22 14:25:18 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
It will all end in fire.

Wow, dude. You need a hug.

Rules of Acquisition #261

A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.

Astroyka
IXXAXAAR
#16 - 2013-03-22 14:26:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Astroyka
Local wrote:

[14:14:11] Visera Yanala > ALERT - 37TH SQUADRON - OBLIVION ONLINE AND TEST SPOOLING
[14:16:44] Visera Yanala > 37TH SQUADRON - OBLIVION TEST SPOOL COMPLETE. STATUS : IDLE

Astroyka

A New Eden pilot, fighting against slavery in New Eden

www.astroyka.net

@Astroyka

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#17 - 2013-03-22 14:27:02 UTC
Lialus Raithe wrote:
Caellach Marellus wrote:

Ah, thank you for the clarification. So, even with communication restored, they're proceeding with the orbital bombardment?

As well as test spooling up of the Oblivion Doomsday weapon, something I had always understood to be preventable, seems I was misinformed.

For now the guns are armed but idle, they're refraining from firing. The Admiral did confirm however that the Leviathan may possibly be used to provide bombardment support to the planetside.

Graelyn
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
#18 - 2013-03-22 14:27:33 UTC
Hrm.

Cardinal Graelyn

Amarr Loyalist of the Year - YC113

Lialus Raithe
Doomheim
#19 - 2013-03-22 14:35:08 UTC
We stand upon the precipice then.

If no other options are pursued, we will add yet another dark stain to our collective histories.
Tahrmal Nalthkh
Disciples of Ston
#20 - 2013-03-22 14:42:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Tahrmal Nalthkh
[14:34:24] Visera Yanala > ALERT - 37TH SQUADRON - ALIGNING FOR ORBITAL STRIKE - LAST COORDINATES LOCKED
[14:40:30] Visera Yanala > STATUS - FIRE POSITION CONFIRMED - AWAITING AUTHORIZATION
Edit: They stood down again

Dr. Tahrmal Nalthkh CEO, DSTON Rescue Pilot

123Next pageLast page