These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A friendly message from the GM Team regarding current events in Luminaire

First post
Author
Drunken Bum
#81 - 2013-03-22 12:50:48 UTC
So many bubbles are going to be burst when 3-4k people try to enter the system and witness the lag first hand.

After the patch we're giving the market some gentle supply restriction, like tying one wrist to the bedpost loosely with soft silk rope. Just enough to make things a bit more exciting for the market, not enough to make a safeword necessary.  -Fozzie

LockOnStratus
Pensacola2022
#82 - 2013-03-22 12:51:47 UTC
Tandin wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
OK for those of you who did not read the books:

The means through which that Titan got there, and the start of the war in general, involved the DISABLING of Concord.

Yes Concord was taken out for a short time. I won't say any more, because the books are a great read and I don't want to spoil anything. Get the books, you will love them even if you are not into the lore of the game and sci-fi in general. .

So, it's not like it can't happen again.

It should be noted that the Empyrean Age events noted in the book happened during the down time for the patch/update. None of us were online to experience them.

So what your saying is, the mimitar didn't really do anything just DT disables cyno jammers?
Iris Bravemount
Golden Grinding Gears
#83 - 2013-03-22 12:58:57 UTC
Cpt John Ambraelle wrote:
Why is a HIGH SEC system being set to free for all, When the whole point of a 1.0 system is that it's supposed to be about as safe as it gets in empire space.

Why is something that is faction warfare based / the waste of time game dust based being forced down the throat of regular eve players who iether don't do faction warfare or don't give a rats ass about what happens in dust.

All this free fire zone as its being called does is force FW and the waste of space dust on to people who don't even want it.

And someone should not have to avoid a system just because FW is going on there if there not in FW. this is utter rubbish

This next bit just wreaks of DUST being foisted on people who don't want it
""Players who do not wish to be at risk of in game loss due to ongoing hostilities in the Luminaire solar system should be sure to add this system to their autopilot avoidance list and ensure they stay well clear of Luminaire over the course of the weekend.""

Btw why is it eve players pay for there accounts but these waste of space dust players get to invade our space game for free.

Nice troll.

There are dozens of other highsec systems nearby, just spend a week-end elsewhere. It won't kill you.

This system is chosen because it is the homesystem of the Gallente and the Caldari.

"I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity." - Paladin's Creed

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
WE FORM V0LTA
#84 - 2013-03-22 13:30:49 UTC
So, to do this, why doesn't CCP just give anyone a suspect flag who shoots the titan. That way, when the Gallente shoot the titan, the Caldari actually have a chance fighting back. Stands an obvious choice, doesn't it?
Akuma Geth
Initiative Academy
#85 - 2013-03-22 14:01:30 UTC
"Officials gave closed the stargates in Luminaire due to heavy congestion. Travelers are advised to seek alternate routes."

All. Day. Long.

Question
Galia Goodbody
Posique Corp
#86 - 2013-03-22 15:16:10 UTC
DEV's, please state the region of the affected solar system in your announcements.

For anyone that has not looked it up yet, Luminaire is in Essence.
JP Nakamura
Union of Intergalactic Miners and Nano Assemblers
#87 - 2013-03-22 15:17:40 UTC
Galia Goodbody wrote:
DEV's, please state the region of the affected solar system in your announcements.

For anyone that has not looked it up yet, Luminaire is in Essence.

Luminaire is in Essence what? About to light up?

CCP: 10+ years of Harvesting players Tears  (latest efforts being Source Limited Edition, and Alliance Logo Revised Policies)

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#88 - 2013-03-22 15:21:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
CCP has clearly underestimated the popularity of live events.

The RP and fiction/lore people have begged and scraped and clamored for CCP to recognize that live events are very important and for many players it's the only thing left that keeps them subscribing. You can have a live event without warning and in the fleets you will see people who have not logged in for months or who have come in 40 jumps from their grind to participate.

Evidently a gankfest in Jita (one person's idea of "emergent play") has more "weight" in their perception than a live event of this magnitude and the desires of thousands of players.

I hope they take this as a learning experience.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Joelleaveek
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2013-03-22 15:23:38 UTC
Great event CCP, the view from this star gate in Algogille is fantastic.
Dug BigHoles
Head Banging Loony Society
#90 - 2013-03-22 15:38:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Dug BigHoles
I've moved t1 frigates to Algogile in preparation. This event has also provided me with renewed interest in Eve Online.

There are endless possibilities in Eve. But I still see many people losing interest because it is easy to stick yourself in one little aspect of Eve such as mining, missioning, null sec alliance warfare, ratting etc.
Mixing things up helps you keep interest and live events such as this encourage the players to interact with the game in a way they do not usually.

Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
CCP has clearly underestimated the popularity of live events.

The RP and fiction/lore people have begged and scraped and clamored for CCP to recognize that live events are very important and for many players it's the only thing left that keeps them subscribing. You can have a live event without warning and in the fleets you will see people who have not logged in for months or who have come in 40 jumps from their grind to participate.

Evidently a gankfest in Jita (one person's idea of "emergent play") has more "weight" in their perception than a live event of this magnitude and the desires of thousands of players.

I hope they take this as a learning experience.
Veinnail
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-03-22 15:45:48 UTC
WHY A WEEKDAY!? next time do this on the weekend!!!!
JP Nakamura
Union of Intergalactic Miners and Nano Assemblers
#92 - 2013-03-22 15:54:06 UTC
Veinnail wrote:
WHY A WEEKDAY!? next time do this on the weekend!!!!

Because they hate you?

Or

(more likely) Because they are announcing the Summer expansion at PAX East (which starts today), and this is their "kickoff" for that?

CCP: 10+ years of Harvesting players Tears  (latest efforts being Source Limited Edition, and Alliance Logo Revised Policies)

Inkarr Hashur
Skyline Federation
#93 - 2013-03-22 16:11:16 UTC
Iris Bravemount wrote:
Cpt John Ambraelle wrote:
Why is a HIGH SEC system being set to free for all, When the whole point of a 1.0 system is that it's supposed to be about as safe as it gets in empire space.

Why is something that is faction warfare based / the waste of time game dust based being forced down the throat of regular eve players who iether don't do faction warfare or don't give a rats ass about what happens in dust.

All this free fire zone as its being called does is force FW and the waste of space dust on to people who don't even want it.

And someone should not have to avoid a system just because FW is going on there if there not in FW. this is utter rubbish

This next bit just wreaks of DUST being foisted on people who don't want it
""Players who do not wish to be at risk of in game loss due to ongoing hostilities in the Luminaire solar system should be sure to add this system to their autopilot avoidance list and ensure they stay well clear of Luminaire over the course of the weekend.""

Btw why is it eve players pay for there accounts but these waste of space dust players get to invade our space game for free.

Nice troll.

There are dozens of other highsec systems nearby, just spend a week-end elsewhere. It won't kill you.

This system is chosen because it is the homesystem of the Gallente and the Caldari.

http://www.vice.com/read/what-trolling-means-definition-UK-newspapers
shirakiya03
Glam00 Mining Subcontractor
#94 - 2013-03-22 17:10:15 UTC
なぜCCPはこんな無謀なイベントを行うんだ?
私には理解できない。

CCP is why I make the event such reckless?
To me I can not understand.
Mangone
Plan.B
#95 - 2013-03-22 19:08:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Mangone
CCP Falcon wrote:
The GM Team would like to make it known that due to events that will be occurring in the system of Luminaire over the weekend, ships or capsules destroyed between downtime on Friday, March 22nd (11:00 UTC on 22/03/2013), and Downtime on Saturday March 23rd (11:00 UTC on 23/03/2013) will not be eligible for reimbursement.

Players who do not wish to be at risk of in game loss due to ongoing hostilities in the Luminaire solar system should be sure to add this system to their autopilot avoidance list and ensure they stay well clear of Luminaire over the course of the weekend. Ship or capsule losses between downtime on Friday, March 22nd (11:00 UTC on 22/03/2013), and Downtime on Saturday March 23rd (11:00 UTC on 23/03/2013) will not be eligible for reimbursement due to the ongoing conflict between the Gallente Federation and the Caldari State.

Worst event ever. I wasted half hour on gate trying to get in. And then when i finally got in there was nothing happening. No flashies. Just some FW stuff shooting eachothers with 10% TiDi. Then i jumped out and got killed and podded in hisec without doing anything. So thanks for nothing ccp. And no i didnt know i get some **** stupid sucpect timer for being in there.

Also i have petitioned that loss. You better reimburse or i dont like ccp anymore. Evil
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2013-03-22 19:11:31 UTC
Mangone wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
The GM Team would like to make it known that due to events that will be occurring in the system of Luminaire over the weekend, ships or capsules destroyed between downtime on Friday, March 22nd (11:00 UTC on 22/03/2013), and Downtime on Saturday March 23rd (11:00 UTC on 23/03/2013) will not be eligible for reimbursement.

Players who do not wish to be at risk of in game loss due to ongoing hostilities in the Luminaire solar system should be sure to add this system to their autopilot avoidance list and ensure they stay well clear of Luminaire over the course of the weekend. Ship or capsule losses between downtime on Friday, March 22nd (11:00 UTC on 22/03/2013), and Downtime on Saturday March 23rd (11:00 UTC on 23/03/2013) will not be eligible for reimbursement due to the ongoing conflict between the Gallente Federation and the Caldari State.

Worst event ever. I wasted half hour on gate trying to get in. And then when i finally got in there was nothing happening. No flashies. Just some FW stuff shooting eachothers with 10% TiDi. Then i jumped out and got killed and podded in hisec without doing anything. So thanks for nothing ccp. And no i didnt know i get some **** stupid sucpect timer for being in there.

I thought everyone in there got one from what others were reporting.
Mangone
Plan.B
#97 - 2013-03-22 19:16:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Mangone
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Mangone wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

I thought everyone in there got one from what others were reporting.

Apparently i got one too and got killed and podded because of it when i jumped out. But i didnt notice it untill i convoed the guy who killed me and i asked him if he had suicide ganked my bomber. But he said i had suspect flag. But thats just BS. Made me log out for rest of evening atleast.. **** event is **** and makes people angry...

Not to mention that CCP closed the gates so people couldnt go in before the titan was dead.
Allan Orti
Nordic Capsuleers
Second-Dawn
#98 - 2013-03-22 19:47:01 UTC
Why make a 1.0 system into null, or whatever this is. If people want to get some PVP action, get your butts into nullsec, preferably sovereinty nullsec where it NBSI (Not Blue Shoot Instantly) and I'll guarantee you will be torn a new ass :).

Fly safe !!

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#99 - 2013-03-22 19:52:43 UTC
I have to say that pre-emptively denying all re-imbursements in Luminaire and then turning CONCORD back on with no warning whatsoever to GCC the attendees was a truly inspired move.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#100 - 2013-03-22 20:11:15 UTC
It was amazing, right up until the shooting started...

That TiDi was ridiculous.

Oh, and the COncord being turned on with no warning isn't accurate. It was made very clear that it was still highsec. You could shoot suspects just like normal.