These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

can a black ops ship jump with -8.6 sec stats?

Author
jin ko82
OpSec.
Wrong Hole.
#1 - 2013-03-20 22:33:12 UTC
im about to get my black ops skill to 1 and was wondering if i can jump from HS to low sec when i am a pirate. or will it say some BS like it does with the cloak
Kosetzu
The Black Crow Bandits
Northern Coalition.
#2 - 2013-03-20 23:00:39 UTC
Your security status has no impact on whether you can use the jump drives or bridges on a ship.

With -8.6 sec status however Concord will be all over you no matter where you are in high-sec...
BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#3 - 2013-03-20 23:01:16 UTC  |  Edited by: BadAssMcKill
Huh that's actually a decent question, I guess as long as you're not pointed you should be able to?

Kosetzu wrote:
Your security status has no impact on whether you can use the jump drives or bridges on a ship.

With -8.6 sec status however Concord will be all over you no matter where you are in high-sec...

Actually no that's the faction police, if you undock and jump immediately you should be good
Dibblerette
Solitude-Industries
#4 - 2013-03-21 00:39:54 UTC
jin ko82 wrote:
im about to get my black ops skill to 1 and was wondering if i can jump from HS to low sec when i am a pirate. or will it say some BS like it does with the cloak

As long as you're not flagged as a criminal, you should be able to jump out no sweat. Related: can you be covops bridged out of hisec?
The Renner
Canadian Operations
#5 - 2013-03-21 02:10:08 UTC
Dibblerette wrote:
jin ko82 wrote:

As long as you're not flagged as a criminal, you should be able to jump out no sweat. Related: can you be covops bridged out of hisec?

I haven't tested it myself but I believe so.
Rajere
Vicious Inc
#6 - 2013-03-21 04:22:41 UTC
the only restriction to jump drive mechanics is where Cyno/Covert Cyno can be lit (low/null). you can both jump and bridge out of HS if you are in a ship capable of doing so.

As a pirate, as long as you are not criminally flagged, you can jump out of HS to a cyno but it requires proper timing on your part.

Ensure you are in a fleet with your cyno, that the cyno is in jump range, you have the proper type and amount of jump fuel in your fuel bay, and that you have "show session change timer" ticked in the options screen so it appears on your UI.

Undock, touch nothing, have your cyno/covert cyno light, right click on your capacitor, hover over jump to "yourcynoalt - systemname", and left click as soon as the timer expires in the upper left hand of your screen.

the better question though is why you would have the ship in HS to begin with.
chris elliot
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#7 - 2013-03-21 09:34:36 UTC
Rajere wrote:

...the better question though is why you would have the ship in HS to begin with.

Because that's where he bought it?
feihcsiM
THE B0YS
#8 - 2013-03-21 09:52:06 UTC
Yeah, you're fine.

Undock, Ctrl-Space to stop without breaking invul. Light destination cyno. Briefly twiddle thumbs for session change. Jump.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Noisrevbus
#9 - 2013-03-21 14:00:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Noisrevbus
Just to complicate it a bit for you...

Faction police do not point you, they only web you (and shoot you). So you should be able to jump or warp out of any normal system.

However, there are systems in EVE under Concord-management (it says Concord as sov-holder in your top left), and in those systems Concord act as the faction police. They will point and kill you as if you were agression-flagged.

Well, that's how it used to be anyway, hopefully that particular issue might have been solved with the new crim-system. For obvious reasons i try not to visit the Concord-owned systems too often. Imagine the surprise of any pirate (or otherwise flashy pilot) deagressing out of a low-sec fight and into a Concord system assuming being webbed-to-warp P.
Kristoffon vonDrake
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#10 - 2013-03-22 16:14:31 UTC
Noisrevbus wrote:
Faction police do not point you, they only web you (and shoot you). So you should be able to jump or warp out of any normal system.

That is wrong. They do point, however they web before pointing so most agile ships will be able to warp off however if you're in a battleship or take a while to align you'll find yourself pointed.
Lokimin Arbosa
MASS
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2013-04-01 12:16:05 UTC
Try it on test server first!?
Kodama Ikari
Thragon
#12 - 2013-04-01 13:03:11 UTC
Regarding differences between faction police vs concord: I know you cannot cloak with concord in pursuit, but can the faction police similarly prevent you from cloaking if they are "pursuing you?" Seems pretty relevant for a BO pilot.

Lokimin Arbosa wrote:

This. Unless you didn't have BO trained before the last sync with TQ.
Idicious Lightbane
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-04-01 21:32:28 UTC
Kodama Ikari wrote:
Regarding differences between faction police vs concord: I know you cannot cloak with concord in pursuit, but can the faction police similarly prevent you from cloaking if they are "pursuing you?" Seems pretty relevant for a BO pilot.

Lokimin Arbosa wrote:

You can't cloak with faction police chasing you.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-04-02 10:47:20 UTC
Dibblerette wrote:
jin ko82 wrote:

There is no restriction on bridging from high to null/low, neither on the ship it self nor in the module permitting this.

So yes, you can bridge from high to low/null but you can't do it from low/null to high sec because of high sec cyno interdiction.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-04-02 10:50:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Sergeant Acht Scultz
Idicious Lightbane wrote:
Kodama Ikari wrote:

Lokimin Arbosa wrote:

You can't cloak with faction police chasing you.

You can't cloak but you can activate your jump to cyno. Just like you can hit F1 to kill a mining barge with -10 SS, no difference here (except jumping does not trigger concord).

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne