These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

What is the best Missile ratting ship?

Author
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#21 - 2013-03-19 14:52:42 UTC
Yiliana wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Depends on where you are ratting, and how "safe" you are while doing so.

I am mostly safe. In null and sov'd space.

Hahaha. Ha.

Diesel47 wrote:
Mach.

Word.

On a serious note, I'd go with a CNR, given your context.
If you really insist on using Torps though, get that Golem or a Rattlesnake if you really want a Guristas ship, but... as someone already said, it's hardly a missile ship.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Masik Dreamweaver
Little Peoples Revolution
#22 - 2013-03-20 02:13:18 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:
If its safe space and you're using it purely to make isk then whatever gives best damage+projection at the most frequent combat range. I'd say Golem or CNR if you're using Cruise. Tengu is good too but will have slightly less dps and less damage selectability.

ok while im not familiar with the rattlesnake i pulled up a fit and plugged it in.

[Rattlesnake, EVEMon Rattlesnake: Lvl 4 rattler]
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Pith B-Type Thermic Dissipation Field
Pith B-Type Thermic Dissipation Field
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Cruise Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Large Core Defense Field Purger II
Hammerhead II x1
Hobgoblin II x1
Warden II x1
Garde II x1

with 2 ammo and drones im pulling maybe 720 dps with over 800 dps vs guristas ( way over tanked for anything less then haven even then.. with my tengu and HAM setup no faction/officer modules im pulling over 800 dps and 500 cap stable tank .. so why is the rattler better? not being sarcastic really wanna know since the last complex i ran i got a rattlesnake bpo
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#23 - 2013-03-20 04:42:54 UTC
Passive tanking BS is very inefficient, if you ran that rattler with an active tank + cap booster you can fit alot more damage application + damage mods which is fully selectable, it will definitely outdps a Tengu even on kinetic weak targets.
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#24 - 2013-03-20 05:46:52 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:
Passive tanking BS is very inefficient, if you ran that rattler with an active tank + cap booster you can fit alot more damage application + damage mods which is fully selectable, it will definitely outdps a Tengu even on kinetic weak targets.

Kinda hard to newt out and take down a 3000 DPS tank
Masik Dreamweaver
#25 - 2013-03-20 12:12:22 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:

ok removing the shield relays and adding in 3 BCS still only gives me 828 dps .. now we are close to what the tengu is doing .. am i still fitting it wrong?
Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#26 - 2013-03-20 12:28:10 UTC
Best ship for ratting in null is the Tengu, because with the same fit you can rat and you can fight PvP with a decent success.

For pure ratting and Nullbearing, the Golem is the choice.
Yiliana
PI e
Blue Loot Not Included
#27 - 2013-03-20 13:07:56 UTC
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
Best ship for ratting in null is the Tengu, because with the same fit you can rat and you can fight PvP with a decent success.

For pure ratting and Nullbearing, the Golem is the choice.

So, Rattler. Tengu, or Golem?
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#28 - 2013-03-20 13:44:49 UTC
Masik Dreamweaver wrote:
Dato Koppla wrote:

ok removing the shield relays and adding in 3 BCS still only gives me 828 dps .. now we are close to what the tengu is doing .. am i still fitting it wrong?

I don't know how much tank you need for null hubs and such, but this has enough tank to do L4s comfortably:

[Rattlesnake, PvE]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Ballistic Control System II

Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor I
[empty high slot]

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I

Garde II x5
Bouncer II x5

You can drop all the pimp mods for regular T2 but then you'll need a CPU implant although I highly recommend the faction omnis and the SB is cheap, the faction BCU kinds hurts because it doesn't add much from regular T2 and costs a fair bit, so you can drop it for a damage control to save on CPU, it will make tanking alot easier and you only lose like 50 dps.

1074 dps to 50+12km or 980dps out to lock range, 93km (100km optimal on Bouncers). Even with T1 missiles + gardes you're doing 980 dps @ 50km. It has 725dps burst omnitank for as long as you have cap boosters, but with that kind of dps and projection you shouldn't have much trouble tanking at all, in fact with a rat-specific hardener setup, you could probably drop a hardener for a target painter and then your projection will be downright amazing.

This will far out range and out dps a HAM Tengu anyday, but it's big and bulky so that can be annoying, but its damage and projection are outstanding.
Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#29 - 2013-03-20 14:09:48 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:

This will far out range and out dps a HAM Tengu anyday, but it's big and bulky so that can be annoying, but its damage and projection are outstanding.

Indeed, if you are in safe null space, then Rattle or CNR or Golem will do (even if Rattle is a drone boat, not a missile ship but anyway)

If you are not that safe, Tengu is the way.
Masik Dreamweaver
#30 - 2013-03-20 15:30:27 UTC
ok i had to set skills all to level 5 thats why my dps wasnt matching up.
Yiliana
PI e
Blue Loot Not Included
#31 - 2013-03-20 18:19:58 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:
Masik Dreamweaver wrote:
Dato Koppla wrote:

I don't know how much tank you need for null hubs and such, but this has enough tank to do L4s comfortably:

[Rattlesnake, PvE]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster
EM Ward Field II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

Drone Link Augmentor I
[empty high slot]

Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I

Garde II x5
Bouncer II x5

You can drop all the pimp mods for regular T2 but then you'll need a CPU implant although I highly recommend the faction omnis and the SB is cheap, the faction BCU kinds hurts because it doesn't add much from regular T2 and costs a fair bit, so you can drop it for a damage control to save on CPU, it will make tanking alot easier and you only lose like 50 dps.

1074 dps to 50+12km or 980dps out to lock range, 93km (100km optimal on Bouncers). Even with T1 missiles + gardes you're doing 980 dps @ 50km. It has 725dps burst omnitank for as long as you have cap boosters, but with that kind of dps and projection you shouldn't have much trouble tanking at all, in fact with a rat-specific hardener setup, you could probably drop a hardener for a target painter and then your projection will be downright amazing.

Can you post a Drone boat Rattler with Torps and Sentry's please!
This goes for anyone!
Egravant Alduin
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#32 - 2013-03-21 09:10:03 UTC
Since I'm training also for missile ship and got a similar post I suggest navy raven or something that you will love in PVE and no one mentioned navy Scorpion which can tank really really well with 8 med slots and very high resistances.Also don't use torpedoes use cruise missiles since you will be disappointed from the range and limits they have for PVE.

Feel the wrath of the GECKO!

culo duro
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-03-21 09:50:12 UTC
Masik Dreamweaver wrote:
Yiliana wrote:
I know this is VERY vague, I just want some opinions on the some of the best Missile Ratting ships.
Most of you are going to say the CNR, or Golem. If that is what you like then say so, but really I am looking for other ships.
Thanks,

Yiliana

really surprised no one has said tengu.. even with a t2 fit there wont be much you cant do solo

i came into this topic looking for the tengu spam for 2 pages.... i left disappointed.

I've starting blogging http://www.epvpc.blogspot.comĀ 

Previous page12