These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

transformed AFK cloaking => semi AFK cloak. for a better game with real player front of their scr

Author
Line Khagah
Wormhole Rats and Fromage
#1 - 2013-03-20 11:04:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Line Khagah
a good solution to solve the permanent AFK cloaking .
but allows for semi AFK cloaking play correctly.

it makes more AFK cloaking is a bit longer skiller.
and now it costs ISK.

I propose instead that the cloaking module consumes
- The fuel is the same as for cyno
- Or cap booster,
- Or nanites,
in function of going to say that it is very energy intensive made or that changes the structure nanite surface of the shell to make it invisible to the scanner

This made the module will automatically limited time
- Either by the hold of the vessel (for fuel)
- Either by the number of charges contained in the module (cap booster, nanite)
fuel consumption or the sizes of cap booster, or the number of nanite consumed at each cycle would depend on the size of vessels.

the max cloaking will therefore depend
- The size of the compartment for the fuel,
- Or the number of load (cap booster nanite) contained in the module,
- And depending on the cycle time of the module cloak.

1.1 with charge (cap booster or nanite)
I think it is necessary to have a long cycle time of about 3 minutes per cycle that leads to a cloak time of 30 minutes with 10 charges
more skill is added Cloaking time (x6) it increases the duration by 20% level is a max length of 6 minutes per cycle with a time of 1 hour max cloaking.

recharge time of the modules will also be taken into account I think a time of 6 minutes to reload
- It is short access to be done anywhere,
- But as long access to the ship is detected by scanning probe fight

this cooldown pourrat also be optimized by a cloaking skill load (x6) will reduce this cooldown by 5% per level which reduces to a max 4 minutes 30 seconds.

1.2 Fuel (Liquid Ozone 0.4 m3/unit)this is more restrictive than the other

I propose one fuel by 10,000 m3
- Either for a frigate between 2 and 3 of fuel per cycle of 2 minutes, between 2 hours and 4 hours cloak
- For a battle cruiser between 22 and 28 per fuel cycle of 2 minutes between 1h30 and 2h30
- For black ops between 41 and 48 fuel by 2 minutes between 1:30 and 2:30

with the skill Cloaking fuel optimisation (x8) it increases the cycle duration by 10%,

solution (cap booster or nanite) can do much more than short cloaking
with a long cooldown that can scan between each vessel cloak
or
solution allows fuel to make cloaking longer without recharging by cons, as it consumes fuel at the same cyno, the player must pay attention to fuel remaining if they want to their hot drop.

for me the best solution is the cloaked module with cap charge (75 for fregate, 200 for cruise and bc, 800 for BS)

all cycle times and wave decloak are to optimize on, even if I think I have a good compromise Locate on timer

but I think I have a good data base game, easily integrable with CCP mechanism because all are already used by another module that allows semi AFK cloaking always with players this head-on their screens even though there were several ALT

it also allows servers to saturate CCP account logged totally inactive but which I think should take nothing for resources
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#2 - 2013-03-20 11:15:43 UTC
What a waste of time,

And by that i mean both me reading it, and you typing it.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#3 - 2013-03-20 11:21:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
OP.... good god man. There is a thread on this page with links to just the same, ridiculously ill informed ideas as yours. It's obvious you did not even read the threads links and see what the cause for AFKing is.

I don't do this normally, but if you cannot be bothered to even search that thread and understand the actual cause, then GTFO.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

DataRunner Attor
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-03-20 11:25:47 UTC
Dude there are two other tops right on the front page talking about how every single one of your not so original ideas are BAD ideas. Did you like not even glance at the first page before clicking that new topic button?

“Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.”

Onomerous
Shockwave Innovations
#5 - 2013-03-20 12:10:09 UTC
Wo0tage!!! A solution to a problem that doesn't exist!!!

Plenty of other threads on same topic.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#6 - 2013-03-20 12:17:05 UTC  |  Edited by: TheGunslinger42
Cloaking is not broken and does not need any nerfing or "fixing".

Cloakywhine threads fuel my cloak

Edit: As a bonus, I'll explain why this terribly unoriginal idea is terrible

Requiring capacitor, or fuel, or charges of some kind is a massive nerf to cloaking ships. You're nerfing the hell out of active, long term reconnaissance pilots. Those of us who roam around deep in enemy territory, or who live in wormholes, etc will be gimped incredibly by these ideas.

And why are you destroying playstyles and making important activities incredibly hard for people? What reason is there for this? Because you want a cheap free kill. You want CCP to hand you mechanics such that you can kill players who are literally incapable of ever harming you (can't activate modules while cloaked, can't do anything while AFK). Are you that bad at EVE, bro?
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#7 - 2013-03-20 12:22:59 UTC
Since afk is so bad why don't you petition that we only earn sp while logged on?

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

Velicitia
XS Tech
#8 - 2013-03-20 12:26:42 UTC
oh for the love of...

just use one of the threads listed here to whine.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

TheSkeptic
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-03-20 12:59:22 UTC
Confirming OP is terrible for the all the obvious reasons

Yusef Yeasef Yosef
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-03-20 15:49:33 UTC
I know how we can fix the afk cloaky perception problem...

Make it so you don't show up in local when cloaked, and only show up once you've been uncloaked for 5+ minutes.

Line Khagah
Wormhole Rats and Fromage
#11 - 2013-03-20 20:01:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Line Khagah
for me the problem is to have players not present in front of their screen that penalizes all other players, it's all for me a total aberration of gameplay, AFK = BOT for me, it is completely identical to mining BOT because it breaks the game play

the idea here is to always allow the use of their bonus every ship and module specific cloak over long period (several hours), but with a human player front display

while allowing other players to be able to get rid of the player cloaked with difficulty, if the player is really in front of the screen, or with facility if this is no longer in front of the screen, and that is simply to annoy others.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#12 - 2013-03-20 20:18:58 UTC
This idea couldnt have been added to the 30+ other current AFK cloaking threads?

Also, the only people AFK cloaking truely effects are bots.
People who run bots are bad and deserve the banhammer.
Op is probably a botter.
Ban OP.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

TheSkeptic
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-03-20 22:22:45 UTC
Seriously though Line Khagah, if you know they are cloaked and AFK... why don't you just go about your business? or go to another system? no troll.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#14 - 2013-03-20 22:25:34 UTC
Line Khagah wrote:
for me the problem is to have players not present in front of their screen that penalizes all other players, it's all for me a total aberration of gameplay, AFK = BOT for me, it is completely identical to mining BOT because it breaks the game play

the idea here is to always allow the use of their bonus every ship and module specific cloak over long period (several hours), but with a human player front display

while allowing other players to be able to get rid of the player cloaked with difficulty, if the player is really in front of the screen, or with facility if this is no longer in front of the screen, and that is simply to annoy others.

An AFK cloaked player cannot penalize other players, they are literally incapable of doing anything to other players as a result of a) the mechanics of being cloaked and b) being AFK. They do not penalize you.

It is not comparable to AFK mining because there are no materials, no isk, no anything gained by an AFK cloaker, unlike a miner who chews through rocks
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#15 - 2013-03-20 22:49:55 UTC
Search. Needs more searching.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2013-03-20 23:19:37 UTC
AFK cloaking, breaking nullbots since the dawn of time.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#17 - 2013-03-20 23:45:57 UTC
I'm a real player because I don't dock up as soon as someone comes into system. JUST SAYING.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#18 - 2013-04-02 14:38:34 UTC
Cloaking is fine. Stop this madness. Also:

Posting in a cloak nerf thread.
Iris Bravemount
Golden Grinding Gears
#19 - 2013-04-02 15:09:24 UTC
disclaimer: I didn't read OP's post, only the title.

Solutions:

Try to bait the cloaker out.

or

Realize (check) that he is afk, and don't give a damn. Just stay focused.

"I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity." - Paladin's Creed

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2013-04-02 15:57:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
Stop posting in this horrible thread.

Everything i this thread is covered here...so many times it will make you puke.

Let die.

BTW, I also like how the OP is still posting ignoring everyone else pointing out his idea has been beaten to death in numerous threads before.

Line Khagah you go girl!

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online