These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NPCs scanning during server jumplag

Author
Isidore Tailleur
Danneskjold Repossessions
#1 - 2013-03-19 23:22:01 UTC
Apparently it is a feature that NPC custom agents can scan your ship after that you have activated the gate and while you are waiting on serverlag to jump thru the stargate.
So it is impossible to move contraband in highsec without being fined very frequently.

I would suggest making NPC customs agent scanning work more along the lines of what a player could do and less along the lines of explioting lagtime to always catch you...
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-03-19 23:39:11 UTC
Isidore Tailleur wrote:
Apparently it is a feature that NPC custom agents can scan your ship after that you have activated the gate and while you are waiting on serverlag to jump thru the stargate.
So it is impossible to move contraband in highsec without being fined very frequently.

I would suggest making NPC customs agent scanning work more along the lines of what a player could do and less along the lines of explioting lagtime to always catch you...

covops frigates exist for a reason, i routinely traffic large amounts fo drugs and other illegal items thorugh security and i have never been caught, so far ive been able to sneak a cople thousand m3 in and out of amarr to and from lowsec.
Isidore Tailleur
Danneskjold Repossessions
#3 - 2013-03-20 00:47:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Isidore Tailleur
Cov-ops does not solve it. You probably just happen to be on a route with very few custom agents then...

They will scan me after the ship have been decloaked by the gate and activated the gate, while it says 'jumping'.

If you are hit with Traffic Control you are totally screwed. But it also happens very frequently without traffic control, depending on the amount of jumplag.

They can't seize the stuff this way since you jump away from them but there is still the fine and standings hit...