These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Pyfa: looking for web devs

Author
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-10-17 16:57:46 UTC
Hello all,

You may have heard of pyfa, a fitting tool, part of the evefit project.
As its next goal, the evefit team is working on a web application. For this, we're looking for someone with plenty of html/javascript knowledge (as we suck at it!) to work out the templates and general looks of the web app.

If intrested, it'd be awesome if you contact us via irc through #evefit on coldfront.
Nathan WAKE
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-10-17 18:12:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Nathan WAKE
Hello,

I am currently developing a small application (more like a MOD) for PHPBB forums in order to make available the posting of fittings.

No calculations of any kind at the moment, just displaying kind of Battleclinic style fittings.

CSS, PHP and a parser to read the fitt and display modules in the right place with the correct tech levels icons.

Nothing too serious, and I have no knowledge of java. But... who knows. if you want to have a look at what I've done so far, I can arrange that.

Chears

Nathan

PS1 : it's due for release in the coming days.

PS2 : and yes of course I heard about PYFA, I use it everyday !!

"I'm a very good housekeeper. Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house"

Zaza Gabor

PsyKzz
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2011-10-17 18:36:31 UTC
Nathan WAKE wrote:
Hello,

I am currently developing a small application (more like a MOD) for PHPBB forums in order to make available the posting of fittings.

No calculations of any kind at the moment, just displaying kind of Battleclinic style fittings.

CSS, PHP and a parser to read the fitt and display modules in the right place with the correct tech levels icons.

Nothing too serious, and I have no knowledge of java. But... who knows. if you want to have a look at what I've done so far, I can arrange that.

Chears

Nathan

PS1 : it's due for release in the coming days.

PS2 : and yes of course I heard about PYFA, I use it everyday !!

Hitchhiker.

Meh.

Nathan WAKE
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-10-17 20:08:28 UTC
I'm sorry - as I'm not native English, I hope you did not misunderstood my sayings.

My intention was not to promote my "not even finished" tool, in a post that is not mine. I was just offering my help. Big smile

"I'm a very good housekeeper. Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house"

Zaza Gabor

PsyKzz
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2011-10-17 20:14:29 UTC
If you would've mentioned you wanted to help, then i would've understood. I just got confused thats all.

I also would like to offer my help.
If you want it that is.

I would like to point out that i am mainly a php/js dev. I dont have mad skills in html / css but i can do what is needed.

Meh.

Kadesh Priestess
This Game Is Terrible
Warlords of the Deep
#6 - 2011-10-17 23:26:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
I'll shed a bit more light on what we need. Layout is shaping like:

Calculation engine backing everything (codenamed Eos) will be written in C++, with bindings provided to numerous languages via SWIG
Server part (Aurora) most likely will use python2 + Pyramid, with database layer being either plain SQL or SQL Alchemy (unlikely tho, we've had bad times with ORMs)
Client will use JScript + HTML

Sakari is dealing with Eos and Aurora, i'm messing primarily with just eos, so eos part seems to be mostly covered. However, if you're experienced with any of these technologies and/or just willing to help - welcome to #evefit @ coldfront.net :)
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2011-10-18 03:43:09 UTC
When is Pyfa itself going to get an update (for example, projecting wormhole effects onto fittings?)

Can't wait to see how the web app shapes up. I've tried the alpha/beta/whatever it is, and it was nice, but extremely buggy. Glad you guys are looking for more help. ^_^
Kadesh Priestess
This Game Is Terrible
Warlords of the Deep
#8 - 2011-10-18 09:25:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
When is Pyfa itself going to get an update (for example, projecting wormhole effects onto fittings?)

Can't wait to see how the web app shapes up. I've tried the alpha/beta/whatever it is, and it was nice, but extremely buggy. Glad you guys are looking for more help. ^_^
As an Eos maintainer all i can say is that backend supports gang stuff & wormhole effects for quite a long time, it's pyfa who lacks some interface for using it. I'll try to poke Darriele to implement both things in next release.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2011-10-26 18:56:42 UTC
Kadesh Priestess wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:

As an Eos maintainer all i can say is that backend supports gang stuff & wormhole effects for quite a long time, it's pyfa who lacks some interface for using it. I'll try to poke Darriele to implement both things in next release.

Please do. Pyfa is a great tool (I've converted everyone in my corp to use it instead of EFT) however it lacks a few features that should otherwise be easyish to implement. =)
chriskun
W-0 Unit
#10 - 2011-10-29 18:45:15 UTC
I'm an html/js dev that would be willing to help out! :D. Stopped by #evefit but didn't seem like anyone was around. I also know Rails really well but looks like you'll be using python for your backend.

Anyways hit me up when you have time ^^
chriskun
W-0 Unit
#11 - 2011-10-29 18:45:23 UTC  |  Edited by: chriskun
accidental double post.... >.>