These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[EVSCO/EVE-KILL] EPIC API (Yes, it is actually EPIC) (DEAD)

Author
Karbowiak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#141 - 2013-03-15 08:42:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Karbowiak
What squizz said is true, EPIC is not supported anymore. It still works, and will still be available, but it has so many flaws it's not even funny.

I've tried bandaiding some of the bigger flaws, but it all comes down to it using EDK as a backend.
So everyone should have a look at zKBs API instead, which is much more robust and fast.

https://zkillboard.com/information/api/

I'm sure this is not what many of you wanted to hear, but sadly it's the truth.
However most of the queries you made with EPIC (all?) are doable with zKB aswell.

You might get some more information with zKB, that you could strip out with EPIC, but oh well Smile
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#142 - 2013-03-15 20:05:56 UTC
Gotta say, I've been checking this out ... and I quite like this better. Especially being able to use XML over JSON.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2013-03-15 20:10:02 UTC
Altho, one thing that seems to be missing from ZKBAPI, that was available in EPIC, is a valueDestroyed property. I was hoping to track the ISK value that a victim lost. Any chance of adding this into the ZKBAPI?
Karbowiak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#144 - 2013-03-16 07:59:05 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Altho, one thing that seems to be missing from ZKBAPI, that was available in EPIC, is a valueDestroyed property. I was hoping to track the ISK value that a victim lost. Any chance of adding this into the ZKBAPI?

Sorry, the data we save for use with the API is basically what we get from CCP.
I won't rule out that we won't add more to it, but atm, what it's spitting out atm, is all it'll spit out. Smile

However! We are gonna opensource zKB, so if you need it to do something really specific and awesome, you could always write the code and do a push(pull?) to us, so we'll include it.

But more on the opensource part later (atm it looks like that'll happen in April Shocked)
Karbowiak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#145 - 2013-03-19 14:30:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Karbowiak
asdf
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#146 - 2013-03-27 04:31:08 UTC
Has there been problems with the zKill API the last week? Everytime I try to load up some data in my browser (so that I can begin coding and testing), the API call times out.

The EPIC API loads up fine, but I'd rather use the zKill API, if possible.
Karbowiak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#147 - 2013-03-28 20:32:09 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Has there been problems with the zKill API the last week? Everytime I try to load up some data in my browser (so that I can begin coding and testing), the API call times out.

Not that i am aware of, but it could have been because of the ongoing issues at CloudFlare.
Lately they have been ddos'ed really hard, which could be the cause of this.

If it happens again, please come by IRC and poke me.
I rarely open up EVE atm, and even rarer take a look at the forum
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#148 - 2013-03-28 20:51:05 UTC
Karbowiak wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

Not that i am aware of, but it could have been because of the ongoing issues at CloudFlare.
I just read about that last night. I did not know Cloudflare was under a massive DDOS attack.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#149 - 2013-03-29 12:36:40 UTC
Karbowiak wrote:

It's happening constantly.

I'm going through region by region, pulling out data. I'm making one API call every 2.5 minutes. It can sometimes take up to 30 minutes before the next API call will return data. I get a Cloudflare "Website is currently offline" message.

Here's a sample API call:

https://zkillboard.com/api/orderDirection/asc/api-only/no-items/xml/regionID/10000007/afterKillID/27434465/

I started at RegionID 10000001, and it took 2 hours before it reached RegionID 10000007.

I'll try to get on IRC later ... but if you can look into in the meanwhile, that would be fantastic.
Karbowiak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#150 - 2013-03-29 17:23:53 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Karbowiak wrote:

It's happening constantly.

I'm going through region by region, pulling out data. I'm making one API call every 2.5 minutes. It can sometimes take up to 30 minutes before the next API call will return data. I get a Cloudflare "Website is currently offline" message.

Here's a sample API call:

https://zkillboard.com/api/orderDirection/asc/api-only/no-items/xml/regionID/10000007/afterKillID/27434465/

I started at RegionID 10000001, and it took 2 hours before it reached RegionID 10000007.

I'll try to get on IRC later ... but if you can look into in the meanwhile, that would be fantastic.

I just checked out some of the queries, and i can see that, for some reason, the request is causing queries to just continue running and running.

I tried using explain on some of them, and they all look fine. Using the correct indexes etc. etc.
So i'm at a loss what could be the problem.

It's clearly the database, but.. yeah.

I'll prod Squizz as soon as he comes back, but that'll probably first be at the end of next week. What?
Death ToU
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#151 - 2013-06-01 10:03:16 UTC
Bit of necro here.

I have no coding experience so sorry that my descriptions will be pretty basic. I tried this originally with the EPIC api and have recently come back to the idea. I am a solo pilot so any intel I get helps a lot. What I am trying to search for is specific pilot ship losses.

Pilot: Death ToU
Ship: Rifter
No: 5

So I can get the last 5(10,15) losses in that ship.