These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Bomb & Interdiction Sphere Launcher - cool down timer

Author
Anthar Thebess
#1 - 2013-03-04 07:58:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
The idea is quite simple - add a cool down timer timer to a Bomb & Interdiction Sphere Launcher telling when it can be used again.
With the TD jumping constantly between 10-30% it is hard to say when you can use it again.
If you like idea , please post to keep this topic up.

This is small change to CCP, as the timer is already there, just invisible to player.

Edit:
Other player suggestions:
- Doomsday,
- MJD,
- Cloak
Dekatris
The Greater Goon
#2 - 2013-03-04 08:43:05 UTC
i mean... something like this would only make sense.
Anthar Thebess
#3 - 2013-03-05 14:52:57 UTC
UP. If you support this idea please post it.
This is very small change.
Anthar Thebess
#4 - 2013-03-15 12:38:58 UTC
Bump.
This is very small and logic thing that should be in a game.
Please like this , and post to keep this at the top.

monkfish2345
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2013-03-15 12:51:02 UTC
Should probably also apply to MJD's. but yeah nice idea.

an even simpler solution would to make the module cycles include the cooldown time.

hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#6 - 2013-03-15 13:16:45 UTC
monkfish2345 wrote:

an even simpler solution would to make the module cycles include the cooldown time.

In fact, why shouldn't module cycle *be* the cooldown timer?
monkfish2345
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2013-03-15 13:21:34 UTC
hmskrecik wrote:
monkfish2345 wrote:

for the launchers it probably should be. Because MJD's have 2 cycles phases (spool and cooldown) it's a little trickier, but i don't see why it couldn't be worked in that it showed the cooldown cycle as well.
Anthar Thebess
#8 - 2013-03-16 11:34:10 UTC
Try this in jumping TD.
Once at oscillating about 10% i went afk for 10minutes , and after i come back , i decloak, press lanch bomb ( no way to check it in other way )and i get info 41 seconds more .......
Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#9 - 2013-03-16 15:09:05 UTC
Reasonable suggestion. Add timers for all modules with re-activation delays.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Oberine Noriepa
#10 - 2013-03-16 15:36:21 UTC
Considering that nearly every other MMO out there has cooldown timers, well... this is more than a reasonable suggestion, in my opinion. Blink

Caneb
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-03-16 17:52:45 UTC
The graphic would be really simple too. We already have the white circle around modules for activation time. Just make the cooldown timer a differently colored circle that ticks backwards.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#12 - 2013-03-16 20:18:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
monkfish2345 wrote:
hmskrecik wrote:
monkfish2345 wrote:

for the launchers it probably should be. Because MJD's have 2 cycles phases (spool and cooldown) it's a little trickier, but i don't see why it couldn't be worked in that it showed the cooldown cycle as well.

If we wanted to use existing assets, the spool-up for a MJD could be the typical cycle timer while the cooldown can flash, like when weapons are reloading.

Technically speaking, cycle timers are showing cooldowns for things like weapons and shield boosters and such. They show spool-up for armor reppers, since those currently take effect at the end of their cycle.

With this in mind, my preferred method for the MJD would be to have a cycle timer for the spool-up and then a different-color timer for the cooldown. It's not quite the same as using existing assets, but taking the cycle timer and making it some other different color shouldn't be hard. Make it.. I don't know, yellow. Yellow's a nice high-visibility color and there isn't anything else yellow in our module layout at the moment. Absolutely do not make it red, since we already have red around our heat-damaged modules and more red wouldn't help anyone.

A yellow cool-down timer would be sufficiently different that even color-blind people could tell the difference between shades of grey (I think) and actually having a timer instead of just using a flash is more tactically useful.

Personally, I hate having my weapons simply flash when they're reloading and so implementing a yellow cycle timer for reloading would be wonderful as well. That, however, is a topic for a different thread.
Dheeradj Nurgle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-03-16 23:13:36 UTC
Pretty sure this was proposed a month or so back.... Will try to dig up a link.
Anthar Thebess
#14 - 2013-03-18 11:35:54 UTC
This is a quick "fix" - so someone forgot about this then
UP UP!
Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-03-18 11:50:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Sinigr Shadowsong
I can't understand why hasn't this been implemented already.
Anthar Thebess
#16 - 2013-03-19 11:08:45 UTC
Agree - please like it and post it to keep this on the top.
Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2013-03-19 12:31:27 UTC
A thousand times yes.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Anthar Thebess
#18 - 2013-03-20 10:10:16 UTC
Thank you for support.
Up up you go.

Please post and like it to keep this up.
CCP please add this small feature.
nerdman234
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#19 - 2013-03-20 23:17:50 UTC
I love the idea, but I would love it even more if they included a readout (perhaps on those handy tool tips). +1
Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#20 - 2013-03-20 23:29:14 UTC
Why only to these two?... Doomsday, MJD, Cloak, and a ton of other items that have cooldown, will benefit from clear visibility of this information.

Two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison

12Next page