These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM8 - CSM Participation Reward Program

First post First post
Author
Apricot Baby
caldariprimeponyclub
#21 - 2013-03-18 10:55:48 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Interesting idea, whatever happens it will be fun to watch. BTW, before you tell me, I know that I am not "eligable" for a donation.

Trebor Daehdoow is 1881 days old, has changed corps 22 times, has been in 3 unique player corps, was accepted into Dirt Nap Squad 530 days ago on 9/28/2011 23:02:00 joining 147 other members, and on average has changed corps every 58 days. Not eligible for a donation

:3

Unreleased Ships (Images) - www.imgur.com/a/uablN Unreleased Ships (Videos) - www.youtube.com/user/TanithAmberdemon Eve Celshader Project - www.imgur.com/a/5mn44

K'rul Demelain
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2013-03-18 11:20:01 UTC
I Support this product and/or Service.

Corporation Nomination: BraveNewbies - tons of us are new, terrible, and awesome
I was referred here by: Whoever owns the reddit account CaldariPrimePonyClub

Issue or Concern: The sisters of eve quest....er mission..... that you can do after the tutorials was fun BUT the only way I found out about the chain mission was from the Help channel. Since it gives lots of credits, stuff, and takes you around to see different things, it seems it should be given to you automatically after finishing the combat missions.
Apricot Baby
caldariprimeponyclub
#23 - 2013-03-18 11:28:47 UTC
K'rul Demelain wrote:

Corporation Nomination: BraveNewbies - tons of us are new, terrible, and awesome
I was referred here by: Whoever owns the reddit account CaldariPrimePonyClub

Issue or Concern: The sisters of eve quest....er mission..... that you can do after the tutorials was fun BUT the only way I found out about the chain mission was from the Help channel. Since it gives lots of credits, stuff, and takes you around to see different things, it seems it should be given to you automatically after finishing the combat missions.

K'rul Demelain is 15 days old, has changed corps 5 times, has been in 2 unique player corps, was accepted into Brave Newbies Inc. 6 days ago on 3/12/2013 10:52:00 joining 1872 other members, and on average has changed corps every 1 days. Not eligible for a donation :(

However due to your most awesome name (I've had a few character's with that last surname) I'll send you some skill books. :3

Unreleased Ships (Images) - www.imgur.com/a/uablN Unreleased Ships (Videos) - www.youtube.com/user/TanithAmberdemon Eve Celshader Project - www.imgur.com/a/5mn44

Verantila Kruger
Kryomech Systems
#24 - 2013-03-18 11:35:34 UTC
I support this action.

Anything to raise awareness to new players of how the balance of EvE works is a good thing.

There are to many new players that don't realise half the potential of EvE and or understand the politics that can surround it.

VK
June Ting
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#25 - 2013-03-18 12:42:59 UTC  |  Edited by: June Ting
People in this thread may find Ali Aras to be a candidate worth supporting, as she is running specifically on a platform of making life easier for newer players and for players that are not part of large coalitions with tons of isk and blues.

See her second concrete suggestions post at https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=213048&find=unread for examples of how she'd help new players.

P.S. I might as well make a nomination for Reasonable People ( http://paoracle.com/rites/ ) which is a corp in my alliance that recruits people UNDER 15M skillpoints. We are small and I believe we fit your definition. http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Of_Sound_Mind/corporations

If RITES is not eligible, I'd nominate Open University of Celestial Hardship.

I fight for the freedom of my people.

Artctura
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-03-18 12:49:46 UTC
Assuming you are not running for CSM (And it doesn't appear you are), this is a great program. I fully approve of anything that helps bring people a fuller understanding the processes of the game.

This will definitely be interesting to watch. I'd be curious if you wouldn't mind posting statistics at the end so we can gauge impact?
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-03-18 13:16:44 UTC
Apricot Baby wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow is 1881 days old, has changed corps 22 times, has been in 3 unique player corps, was accepted into Dirt Nap Squad 530 days ago on 9/28/2011 23:02:00 joining 147 other members, and on average has changed corps every 58 days. Not eligible for a donation

Umm, I think your code for computing corp changes is a wee bit buggy. I've been in 4 player corps (one now closed) and changed corps 5 times.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-03-18 13:22:00 UTC
This is a good idea, and I hope CCP has effective initiatives of their own for GOTV. I'd hate for their own efforts to be shown up by those of an individual player... Blink

(No, I am not eligible for a donation!)

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Cyanite Krieg
Pave Corp
#29 - 2013-03-18 13:40:44 UTC
I like the incentive program to participate in the election. Seems like something some people do IRL....

Anyway, what do the candidates plan on doing to help keep new players interested? I know I have seen a lot of posts in different forms of media of new players asking about what to do and the most common answer is find a corporation. My problem with this is finding a good corporation that will help new players.

There are a lot of these corporations, however, they seem to all be at war and/or have a huge wait time to join. The ones that are not at war are highly suspicious of new players because of all of the pirates and scammers. I understand that is the point of EVE but why isn't there an intermediate step between the tutorials and the actual game to ease new players into the game. Being so far behind in money and skill points makes it hard to make a foot hold in the game. Or at least with the limited knowledge I received from the tutorials and various wiki articles.
June Ting
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#30 - 2013-03-18 13:58:40 UTC
Cyanite, I'm curious what aspects of a corp being at war negatively affects your desire to join it. When a corp is strong and well-organized, being at war is perhaps an opportunity or minor inconvenience rather than being a serious problem, even for a new player.

c.f. http://belligerentundesirables.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/just-like-the-old-days/ in which Psychotic Monk (one of the CSM candidates who advocates more highsec war type shenanigans) takes on a corp, only to find that they bite back using their newbies as a strong resource.

I fight for the freedom of my people.

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#31 - 2013-03-18 14:50:25 UTC
Apricot Baby wrote:

CCP Fozzie is 268 days old, has changed corps once, when accepted into C C P 268 days ago on 6/20/2012 13:22:00 joining 477 other members. Not eligible for a donation

There's also a stupid rumour that Fozzie might have played under a different alias.

But he's still most unlikely eligible for a donation :p

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Mat Breau
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-03-18 15:01:47 UTC
I Support this product and/or Service. :)

I was referred here a reddit account: CaldariPrimePonyClub

Gato Eto
Forward Secrecy
#33 - 2013-03-18 15:13:09 UTC

Whoever posted this to reddit got my referral.

P.S. I know I'm not QUITE old enough for the requirements but I'll be old enough to vote when the time comes!
Pey Cachetelle
Insight Securities
#34 - 2013-03-18 15:32:27 UTC
I keep being surprised and pleased by how many aspects of this game are player-run.

A concern, though: I only found out about the CSM by accident when searching the forum for something completely different.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#35 - 2013-03-18 15:36:47 UTC
Pey Cachetelle wrote:
I keep being surprised and pleased by how many aspects of this game are player-run.

A concern, though: I only found out about the CSM by accident when searching the forum for something completely different.

Well, it's not like they don't release Dev Blogs on the CSM and link to them right on the sign-in screen or anything...

http://www.wormholes.info

PsychoBitch
Playboy Enterprises
Dark Taboo
#36 - 2013-03-18 17:16:50 UTC
Markus Saisima
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2013-03-18 20:55:54 UTC

Corporation Nomination: Eve University
I was referred here by: Reddit Username : CaldariPrimePonyClub

Issue or Concern: I find it sometimes hard to find current information easily on the internet in regards to skills and fittings. Most are several years out of date.
Apricot Baby
caldariprimeponyclub
#38 - 2013-03-19 07:16:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Apricot Baby
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Apricot Baby wrote:

Umm, I think your code for computing corp changes is a wee bit buggy. I've been in 4 player corps (one now closed) and changed corps 5 times.

Yep, thanks for pointing that our Trebor , have identified the problem cheers.
Please bare with me people who have posted for rewards as I fix the eligibility script.

edit - everyone up to markus has received skill book sets. Please accept your contracts as soon as you are able, this character is old but probably has less skills than you do :3

Lumukanda Theleraese
Paranoid Inc
#39 - 2013-03-19 09:42:17 UTC
Corporation Nomination: Brave Newbies Inc

I was referred here by: Post by 21 Day Trial (New citizens Q&A)

Issues/Concerns. No real issues or concerns bar some small things that are usually found by digging around. Perhaps if anything maybe look at extending the rookie help channel to 45 days duration.

Apricot Baby
caldariprimeponyclub
#40 - 2013-03-19 11:28:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Apricot Baby
sniper for next page :)