These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Heart of the Swarm

First post
Author
Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#21 - 2013-03-18 09:26:45 UTC
As a long time Starcraft fan, I preordered the collectors digital edition, and the launch day I went to job without sleeping just to play the first campaing missions.

As a long time zerg player (since 1998!) the campaing dissapoints me a lot.

-----------------SPOILERS----------------------------

Come on Blizzard... a zerg campaing without a single zerg character?? Lets resume it a bit:
- Kerrigan: infested terran. Now is cute and good girl, and zerg are her pets...
- Stukov: Infested terran
- Izsha: Infested terran, she was one dominion scientific who kerrigan captured and infested.
- Zagara: first a brood queen, but later "modified" to think as a human. She looked like zerg were stupid or somewhat blind.
- The primal guy: Annoying dude, not worth mention...

The only redeeming factor of the game was Abathur. That guy rocks. Is the only zerg in the whole campaing. I love that guy. And he is just the armory guy...

And finally, I find quite amusing that the ending cinematic is the one leaked 4 years ago...

PS: Raynor suffered the most epic friendzoned ever... You sacrifice everything for her, your men, your honor, you ally with your enemy son... and she just leave him and get infested again!! that was LOL!!

About multiplayer, it seems more dynamic now. I like it, but zerg is quite ****** on the first 10 mins.
Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-03-18 10:09:25 UTC
Yeah, I miss the Overmind, and cerebrates and the fun zerg.
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#23 - 2013-03-18 11:02:39 UTC
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
The primal guy

I spent a lot of time wondering what the point of him was.

But then he's a zerg with a beard so he could very well have been the protagonist of the whole game.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-03-19 09:07:23 UTC
Angelique Duchemin wrote:
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
The primal guy

But then he's a zerg with a beard so he could very well have been the protagonist of the whole game.

Yeah, he was very redundant and added nothing to the game. They should have added 5 times as many missions and really fleshed out the characters, and tweaked the story to be a lot more dark. After all kerrigan becoming the queen of some killer swarm should be a dark thing.

Maybe I just had too high hopes for SCII, should really have seen it coming after the terran campaign.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#25 - 2013-03-19 16:58:07 UTC
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
The primal guy

Yeah, he was very redundant and added nothing to the game. They should have added 5 times as many missions and really fleshed out the characters, and tweaked the story to be a lot more dark. After all kerrigan becoming the queen of some killer swarm should be a dark thing.

Maybe I just had too high hopes for SCII, should really have seen it coming after the terran campaign.

yep, after the terran campaign had no desire to play hos.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#26 - 2013-03-19 16:59:52 UTC
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:

PS: Raynor suffered the most epic friendzoned ever... You sacrifice everything for her, your men, your honor, you ally with your enemy son... and she just leave him and get infested again!! that was LOL!!

Should have seen it coming. Too bad Raynor can't meta game, and see that blizzard needs a protoss expansion. So blizzard will pretty much sacrifice raynor, that way the Zerg get too big, and the protoss are allowed to come in and kick butt.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#27 - 2013-03-19 17:18:52 UTC
I never liked the Protoss. Too stiff and uninteresting. I do not look forward to the next instalment.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#28 - 2013-03-19 17:38:07 UTC
I never liked the Protoss. Too stiff and uninteresting. I do not look forward to the next instalment.

Just came up with this reading this....

"We require additional fucks to give".

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Previous page12