These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Heart of the Swarm

First post
Author
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1 - 2013-03-12 07:24:43 UTC
Its out at last Big smile
Got the Collectors edition at announcement Cool
Price of Normal drops down to expansion pack cost from £40 What?
Friends with Digital deluxe have been texting me about how awesome it is since last night Evil
Classes today and it won't arrive till this evening Cry

Anyone else playing this or getting it? Really excited for be getting the Zerg campaighn, though I really want the Protoss. And liking being able to play a game thats stable online on day of release, right Maxis fans? Bear

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Graygor
1kB Realty
#2 - 2013-03-12 08:53:30 UTC
I will get it when its a tad cheaper. But i am liking what im seeing.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2013-03-12 09:35:52 UTC
Also will get it when its cheaper.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#4 - 2013-03-12 09:39:39 UTC
Its £25 on amazon at the moment, its why I'm annoyed...

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Reiisha
#5 - 2013-03-12 14:23:53 UTC
Waiting for Amazon to ship it....

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

ISD Eshtir
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#6 - 2013-03-12 14:27:23 UTC
I have to say, the short time i had to try it out, it is amazing!

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons

Interstellar Services Department

Mizhir
Escalated.
Project Gungnir.
#7 - 2013-03-12 15:16:40 UTC
I am currently a bit busy with RL. If I buy it I will just ruin everything for me. So I will wait for calmer times.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#8 - 2013-03-12 15:31:50 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Waiting for Amazon to ship it....

Same, spamming the reload on DPD's delivery. Its in my city now at the processing facility.... *squee*

Saw some of the footage of Kerrigan... scaroused....

Nylith Empyreal
Blood Marauders
#9 - 2013-03-13 09:26:26 UTC
Just finished the campaign a bit ago, I would probably buy it just for that if I were you; the curious.

LIVE FOR THE SWARM!

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Mr Veda
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-03-13 14:09:30 UTC
It's sitting on my HD and I only managed to get about 15mins into it! (Damn my job)

Really excited to try the new units out. Hoping the viper and swarm host will add some new depth to the zerg

And I can't wait to see where they will take the story, especially with the protoss expansion afterwards

- Veda

dehino 'smin yathā dehe kaumāraḿ yauvanaḿ jarātathā dehāntara-prāptir dhīras tatra na muhyati

Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-03-13 19:54:43 UTC
Mr Veda wrote:
It's sitting on my HD and I only managed to get about 15mins into it! (Damn my job)

Really excited to try the new units out. Hoping the viper and swarm host will add some new depth to the zerg

And I can't wait to see where they will take the story, especially with the protoss expansion afterwards

- Veda

Both add some depth, but they could use some tweaks. I'll let you figure out where those are needed!

The campaign was great. I enjoyed it, the Machiavellian attitude Kerrigan took, and the end it came to (though I'll be honest, I was upset with Raynor not getting the woman he'd moved heaven and earth to help). Blizzard once again shows they can piece together a story people care about, and characters that people understand.

Also, still a better love story than Twilight.

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-03-13 23:00:59 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:
[quote=Mr Veda]
Also, still a better love story than Twilight.

Evil Dead is a better lovestory than Twilight.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#13 - 2013-03-15 10:25:07 UTC
Finished it, terrified of insects so this was either therapy or my nightmares are being cranked up to 13 soon.

Loved it, the romance had my inner fanboy squee but it was too damn short. Maybe 10 hours to finish the campaign with 65% of the achievements... Not quite sure what to make of the Zerus sequence though, I always thought of the Zerg as a hivemind rather than... that.

SPOILERS

Why the hell did Raynor have a loaded pistol when he was in a high security prison cell?
And also spell the name of the shapeshifter Narud backwards..... Shocked
Bricks were shat.

Emily Jean Bloodstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-03-16 08:05:40 UTC
PIcked up a digital copy so I could play right away. Only have played a few missions so far but fun.
Rain6636
Team Evil
#15 - 2013-03-16 09:02:24 UTC
anyone have the code for the Diablo 3 wings? I would like to get my hands on them
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-03-17 05:14:43 UTC
I'll get it after I get express written consent from my loving wife Sad

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#17 - 2013-03-17 11:19:04 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I'll get it after I get express written consent from my loving wife Sad

Heh oh wel....
Surfin....
Your hair....
*backs off slowly*

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#18 - 2013-03-17 18:46:57 UTC
It started out well. Then it turned really bad as it seemed Kerrigan was just going to reprise her role from all previous games but then in the end things turned good again.

I liked it.

Nova shows up for the sake of it yet again even if blizzard promised they wouldn't do that to her.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#19 - 2013-03-17 21:36:42 UTC
Angelique Duchemin wrote:
It started out well. Then it turned really bad as it seemed Kerrigan was just going to reprise her role from all previous games but then in the end things turned good again.

I liked it.

Nova shows up for the sake of it yet again even if blizzard promised they wouldn't do that to her.

Hey, they need the whole set in there of Blonde, Brunette and Redhead.

Also in the Artbook with the CE, verrrry nice picture of Kerrigan and Nova in an embaressingly fanservice pose that would make followers of the Hawkeye initiative blush.

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-03-18 08:23:54 UTC
I dunno, the single player campaign felt a bit forced, and at times a bit random, to me. Good idea about the new queen of blades, but I felt the implementation was all to short and I never really cared for any of the characters.

I think blizzard had a case of "overwriting" it.
12Next page