These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Author
Caelis Boirelle
Aurora Investments
#1 - 2013-03-17 10:55:06 UTC
Happy St Patrick's day everyone! Where will you be wetting the shamrock?

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh! Cá mbeidh tú ag fliuchadh na seamróige?
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#2 - 2013-03-17 11:15:11 UTC
Just a note that not all Irish want to get wasted all the time. Haven't had a drink in.... I forget What?

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Caelis Boirelle
Aurora Investments
#3 - 2013-03-17 11:32:23 UTC
Not at all!

I moved to London a few years ago and still have to battle that old stereotype quite a bit, so I know what you mean. But even then, I think most would agree it's traditional to have a little tipple on this day more than any
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-03-17 11:59:54 UTC
Happy St. Paddy's... knocking back a few pints of Guinness to make sure the proper traditions survive this PC nonsense that folks insist on by using words like "stereotypes".

Raise a glass and get your Irish on. Cool

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#5 - 2013-03-17 14:34:19 UTC
Happy and alcoholic Paddy's day ! All you are invited to come to the bar and celebrate!
Charlepetit LaJoie
Trust Me Ltd
#6 - 2013-03-17 15:16:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Charlepetit LaJoie
Happy St. Patrick's Day! I trust we'll all be honoring this occasion with our usual sense of dignity?
http://catholichotdish.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/St-Patrick.jpg
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#7 - 2013-03-17 15:25:35 UTC
When I moved to San Fran in 95, I could not believe how huge St. Paddy's Day was. Hardly anyone acknowledged it in Texas when I lived there, nor here in Florida now.

I miss it and the Irish. They ALL could pretty much drink me under the table any day Smile

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#8 - 2013-03-17 15:28:29 UTC
good to know that the whole world is celebrating ... an ENGLISH saint
Caelis Boirelle
Aurora Investments
#9 - 2013-03-17 15:39:18 UTC
jason hill wrote:

He was likely from modern day Wales if anything, if that particular story is true.

And if we're going to play that game, St George, the patron saint of England, was a Roman centurian who never set foot in Briatin.

That's besides the point though. He is unequivocably the patron saint of Ireland and represents one of the high points of Irish history and culture as well as the Irish national identity, both for those who live there and others in almost every country in the world.

I fail to see your point.
jason hill
#10 - 2013-03-17 15:45:31 UTC
Caelis Boirelle wrote:
jason hill wrote:

He was likely from modern day Wales if anything, if that particular story is true.

And if we're going to play that game, St George, the patron saint of England, was a Roman centurian who never set foot in Briatin.

That's besides the point though. He is unequivocably the patron saint of Ireland and represents one of the high points of Irish history and culture as well as the Irish national identity, both for those who live there and others in almost every country in the world.

I fail to see your point.

lol i was waiting for that one to come along Lol
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#11 - 2013-03-17 16:20:29 UTC
jason hill wrote:

So what ?

At Christmas we use the symbol of a Greek Bishop.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-03-17 16:21:24 UTC
And here I thought someone would be really clever and mention Bacchanalia... you're all too sober to be clever... keep drinking. Cool

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#13 - 2013-03-17 17:31:26 UTC
i toasted bacchus once last night. lol

we celebrated last night. because sunday at the bar is terrible. lol
Veyrol Sevel
Steel City Navy
#14 - 2013-03-17 18:42:48 UTC
jason hill wrote:

Well technically that's false. Padraig was the original rendering. The catholic church switched it the Patrick and made him a saint to help the subjugation of Erin. So St. Patrick actually is Irish.
jason hill
#15 - 2013-03-17 23:50:06 UTC
look ...tbh idont give a flying fanny who the fekker was im a bloody athiest so i couldnt so i couldnt give two feks.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#16 - 2013-03-17 23:57:48 UTC
jason hill wrote:
look ...tbh idont give a flying ***** who the fekker was im a bloody athiest so i couldnt so i couldnt give two feks.

Welp, at least someone obviously hit the ale today.........

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-03-18 04:27:29 UTC
Shamrock shakes suck! Twisted

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Caelis Boirelle
Aurora Investments
#18 - 2013-03-18 07:56:23 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

I can imagine. Whoever invented green Guinness should be locked up.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#19 - 2013-03-18 09:31:42 UTC
Caelis Boirelle wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

I can imagine. Whoever invented green Guinness should be locked up.

It couldn't have been Guiness Stout, that's why.

Too dark to dye a lighter color.

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-03-18 10:30:53 UTC
jason hill wrote:

People tend to just use this day as an excuse to drink. I find it weird that even here in Norway people celebrate it.

I got better things to do than celebrating religious icons, but even more importantly, I do not need an excuse to drink if I see it fit :)
12Next page