These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM 8 - Things that need repairing.

First post
Author
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
Templis CALSF
#81 - 2013-03-13 17:24:47 UTC
Badger Alestorm wrote:
It doesn't seem like any of you truly understand what the CSM is, so allow me to enlighten you.

No one knows where the first CCP employees came from, although The Watchers have found records of them throughout all of recorded history. An CCP employee can only die only after being beheaded, and the CSM delegates and CCP employees battle one another in ritual single combat to the death, until the CSM summit when the few remaining Immortals will fight until only one remains to take "The Prize". We aren't exactly sure what the prize is it's probably some limited edition shuttle bullshit because you know CCP.

There are some who believe CCP are actually aliens exiled from Zeist to Earth but THESE PEOPLE ARE ******* WRONG THAT NEVER HAPPENED, GOT THAT!?

Legends do speak of a chosen one who will defeat Hilmar in single combat, absorbing his powers and becoming the new CEO of CCP. I don't see it happening with this CSM class as none of the candidates running have stated a platform of decapitating Hilmar and absorbing his powers via The Quickening.

This is why ensuring CCP can't pick the delegates that go to Iceland is so important. They'll make sure only the weaker ones go, who will fall and only make CCP stronger.

Actually CCP really does award swords to senior staff. I wonder...

RE Two Step as Secretary, yeah he dropped the ball on that and Hans had to pick it up. Even STILL Two Step is easily identifiable as someone that meaningfully and consistently participates compared to the Do-Nothings.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#82 - 2013-03-13 17:29:03 UTC
Badger Alestorm wrote:
It doesn't seem like any of you truly understand what the CSM is, so allow me to enlighten you.

No one knows where the first CCP employees came from, although The Watchers have found records of them throughout all of recorded history. An CCP employee can only die only after being beheaded, and the CSM delegates and CCP employees battle one another in ritual single combat to the death, until the CSM summit when the few remaining Immortals will fight until only one remains to take "The Prize". We aren't exactly sure what the prize is it's probably some limited edition shuttle bullshit because you know CCP.

There are some who believe CCP are actually aliens exiled from Zeist to Earth but THESE PEOPLE ARE ******* WRONG THAT NEVER HAPPENED, GOT THAT!?

Legends do speak of a chosen one who will defeat Hilmar in single combat, absorbing his powers and becoming the new CEO of CCP. I don't see it happening with this CSM class as none of the candidates running have stated a platform of decapitating Hilmar and absorbing his powers via The Quickening.

This is why ensuring CCP can't pick the delegates that go to Iceland is so important. They'll make sure only the weaker ones go, who will fall and only make CCP stronger.

Please please please run for CSM 8!!!! I think only you understand the truth and can save us all from CCP!!

Issler
Frying Doom
#83 - 2013-03-14 00:13:50 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
Badger Alestorm wrote:

Actually CCP really does award swords to senior staff. I wonder...

RE Two Step as Secretary, yeah he dropped the ball on that and Hans had to pick it up. Even STILL Two Step is easily identifiable as someone that meaningfully and consistently participates compared to the Do-Nothings.

Yes Two step did a lot of work as a CSM member, especially the POS thread where he stood up for us, the players while other CSM members did not seem to care.

But He did not fulfill the duties of the office he held. No one forced him into that office, he chose it and Trebor even helped him by falling on his own sword and becoming Vice-Chairman.

So the bottom line is if the office holders do not contribute to their offices they should not attend summits. The change was very much designed to stop CSM members who were not contributing from going to Iceland, so why should it be different for Office holders that fail to contribute?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#84 - 2013-03-14 11:32:03 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

Yes Two step did a lot of work as a CSM member, especially the POS thread where he stood up for us, the players while other CSM members did not seem to care.

But He did not fulfill the duties of the office he held. No one forced him into that office, he chose it and Trebor even helped him by falling on his own sword and becoming Vice-Chairman.

So the bottom line is if the office holders do not contribute to their offices they should not attend summits. The change was very much designed to stop CSM members who were not contributing from going to Iceland, so why should it be different for Office holders that fail to contribute?

First of all, I completely disagree with Alek. The whitepaper says that the secretary is responsible for the minutes, and I certainly took the lead in organizing that. While I don't want to diminish Hans' considerable contributions, I have no idea wtf Alek is talking about.

I'll happy defend my record of contribution against anyone.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Frying Doom
#85 - 2013-03-14 13:01:50 UTC
Two step wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

First of all, I completely disagree with Alek. The whitepaper says that the secretary is responsible for the minutes, and I certainly took the lead in organizing that. While I don't want to diminish Hans' considerable contributions, I have no idea wtf Alek is talking about.

I'll happy defend my record of contribution against anyone.

The actual quote in the NEW CSM White Paper is "The responsibilities of the Secretary and Vice-Secretary are related to the production of official CSM publications such as the CSM Summit Minutes."
Yes you did a good job on the minutes but the such as also includes "What is the CSM", "The council of Stellar Management" page and the subpages of members and activities.

You may wish to compare CSM 6 activities page: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/CSM_6_Activities_Summary
To the CSM 7 one: (It doesn't seem to be there)

Which is why my argument is if the officers fail in their roles they should be excluded from Iceland for being unproductive.

just as it states " The responsibilities of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are to handle official communications between the CSM and CCP, and they are expected to be particularly active in interacting with the community. The responsibilities
of the Secretary and Vice-Secretary are related to the production of official CSM publications such as the CSM
Summit Minutes. Thus, CSM Officers are expected to be the most active members of the CSM." in the white paper.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#86 - 2013-03-15 03:50:42 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
I disagree. The trip to Iceland is hardly a reward; it's time I could be spending earning money at my job for my family.

Sounds like you need a better job. I get paid more to take time off.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#87 - 2013-03-15 04:57:59 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:
I disagree. The trip to Iceland is hardly a reward; it's time I could be spending earning money at my job for my family.

Are you Carrot Top?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Frying Doom
#88 - 2013-03-16 02:57:36 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:

Will admit arguments like that and why CSM members should be penalised by CCP for being unproductive behaviour but officers should not really makes me think we are starting to get real politicans.

Well I suppose as they have witnessed the Trebor side step, you can expect the others to follow suite.

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#89 - 2013-03-16 04:38:05 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:

I'm a kindergarten teacher.

'Nuff said.

http://www.wormholes.info

Frying Doom
#90 - 2013-03-16 08:55:39 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:

'Nuff said.

Well that explains why you would run for the CSM while your real name becomes visible to so many weirdos

Your Insane from looking after children.Lol

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#91 - 2013-03-16 09:02:27 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Well that explains why you would run for the CSM while your real name becomes visible to so many weirdos

Your Insane from looking after children.Lol

No argument there! After controlling 24 five-year olds for hours each day solo, the duties of the CSM honestly sound like a vacation. Blink

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#92 - 2013-03-16 09:15:59 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:

'Nuff said.

Who could be more qualified?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2013-03-16 12:11:53 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:

'Nuff said.

Yeah, but can you cope with Icelandic pre-school?

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#94 - 2013-03-16 12:27:58 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:

'Nuff said.

Yeah, but can you cope with Icelandic pre-school?

Does it involve Þorrablót?