These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Frigate solo pvp.

Author
Katrin Angelico
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-03-13 03:10:45 UTC
I was looking for a good solo pvp frigate. I'd prefer faction but able to fly almost any of the t2 frigates.So based on this what ships would y'all recommend? Is the Cruor any good? Thanks for the input!
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-03-13 03:23:17 UTC
If you are starting out, like I always say..

Don't go for faction ships unless you want to make some pirates happy and file for bankruptcy.

Lets start here: What race and weapons are you trained in?
Katrin Angelico
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-03-13 03:26:13 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:

Don't go for faction ships unless you want to make some pirates happy and file for bankruptcy.

I've done a fair amount of pvp on an alt char. Mostly larger bs fleets though. So being that a faction frig is cheap decided to go for it.
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-03-13 03:32:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Diesel47
Katrin Angelico wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:

I've done a fair amount of pvp on an alt char. Mostly larger bs fleets though. So being that a faction frig is cheap decided to go for it.

No offense but larger fleets aren't much work besides locking on the primary and pushing F1.

Frigs are some of the hardest ships to fly in the game, if you make one miscalculation or mistake you blow up.

If you are dead set on faction frigs/T2, I'd still suggest you go out a few times with a well fit T1 frig and get your feet wet... Then bust out the faction shinies. Even if its affordable for you, it will look silly on a killboard (for those that care) and its still a waste of isk.
Katrin Angelico
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-03-13 04:00:59 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
Katrin Angelico wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:

No offense but larger fleets aren't much work besides locking on the primary and pushing F1.

Frigs are some of the hardest ships to fly in the game, if you make one miscalculation or mistake you blow up.

If you are dead set on faction frigs/T2, I'd still suggest you go out a few times with a well fit T1 frig and get your feet wet... Then bust out the faction shinies. Even if its affordable for you, it will look silly on a killboard (for those that care) and its still a waste of isk.

I understand when you mean just pressing f1 in larger fleets.. Done that enough myself haha. hat faction frig would you suggest and its t1 variant? Kinda liking the Cruor alot so was wondering is it viable?
Katrin Angelico
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-03-13 04:06:28 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:

Just noticed you asked what I was trained into. trained into ammar/minni/caldari

Have good laser skills and guns
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-03-13 04:12:28 UTC
Start small and work your way up.

Try out the punisher or incursis

Get a few of them blown up before you go spending 100 mil on a frig.

Cheers,

Sith

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-03-13 04:15:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Diesel47
Katrin Angelico wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:

Just noticed you asked what I was trained into. trained into ammar/minni/caldari

Amarr: Try executioner, then upgrade to slicer (amazing ship)

Minni: Slasher, to dram or one of the T2 varients. But they aren't what they used to be.

Caldari: Merlin to harpy. Hawk is great, it is a missile boat though. The Hookbill (one of the best) is stunning.

Curor is lacking atm, so is succubus. Out of the pirate faction frigs you'd want daredevil, and dramiel if you fit it right.

Since you have the nice laser skills, and it seems like you wanted a ship that shot lasers.. Try executioner --> slicer.

good luck.
Katrin Angelico
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-03-13 04:19:44 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
Katrin Angelico wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:

Amarr: Try executioner, then upgrade to slicer (amazing ship)

Minni: Slasher, to dram or one of the T2 varients. But they aren't what they used to be.

Caldari: Merlin to harpy. Hawk is great, it is a missile boat though. The Hookbill (one of the best) is stunning.

Curor is lacking atm, so is succubus. Out of the pirate faction frigs you'd want daredevil, and dramiel if you fit it right.

Since you have the nice laser skills, and it seems like you wanted a ship that shot lasers.. Try executioner --> slicer.

good luck.

Ahh I was mainly looking at the bonuses the Cruor and seemed like it do amazing but oh well! Thanks for your time!
Kingsy
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-03-13 07:33:19 UTC
Incursus worked out well for my PvP cow, now im loving the Tristan
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#11 - 2013-03-13 07:46:09 UTC
I love it how people getting into pvp always get the strange idea into their heads that they should try to compensate for lack of skill with isk.

Get a t1 frig like an Incursus.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Roseline Penshar
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-03-13 10:54:11 UTC
for minmatar i suggest : slasher or you can get rifter (the insurance for rifter is pretty good to cover your loss), after that go to wolf
ROXGenghis
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-03-13 14:57:11 UTC
There are three main types of frig fits.
1 - MWD kiters
2 - AB kiters
3 - Close range brawlers

Each supports a totally different engagement style, in terms of potential targets, how you begin engagements, and how you pilot. Many frig hulls excel at one of the three, some excel at two of the three, and very few excel at all three. I recommend you figure out how you want to fight, and then decide on an appropriate hull.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-03-13 15:06:12 UTC
I know faction frigs may seem cheap but the hull is just a fraction of the cost. To really get the most out of one and to truly fly it properly you need to pimp it out at least a little with faction/ dead space mods or it ends up not being much better than a t2 fit regular frigate.