These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Simo for CSM.

First post
Author
Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#21 - 2013-03-10 12:44:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
"Have you ever actually LIVED in wormholes? Or only moved your goods through them? "

Yes, for two months, I found it to be very limited space with a great deal of potential for improvement.

I will not be responsding to complaints or any whining from this point forward, unless you actually have a valid question, you will not be responded to.

Please try to keep in mind, I am running under the pretense that, I will take all of your opions into consideration, will suggest ideas to the community and let them vote on the idea. If you are going to whine about something I propose, just save it.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#22 - 2013-03-10 12:53:14 UTC
Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha wrote:
Yes, for two months, I found it to be very limited space with a great deal of potential for improvement.

Here's an honest question then. I have lived in wormholes since 2009, and I am at complete odds with your opinion. As are most people who have lived in wormholes longer than two months.

Why do you feel your viewpoint is more valid than those with greater experience, and why do you feel you are in a position to change the game for vets who prefer the way it is?

http://www.wormholes.info

Frying Doom
#23 - 2013-03-10 13:29:07 UTC
"How are we to know who you are without that? Also how do we know this lack of communication will not just continue if you are elected?"

I express my views in game and take a direct approach to helping and changing the game in Tranquility. While I have read the forums and heard what others had to say and their opinions, I did not find it neccessary to express mine. However, I do not believe someones vote should be based on the candidates amount of posts in a forum alone, but rather their performance in game, as that shows what their true colors are.

Not everyone is going to know who I am, or who the other candidates are for that matter, I am not running based on my popularity or how well others know my name, but rather my intentions to be a competent and attentive CSM.

Also, you would not know if I would become a deliquint CSM. You woulden't know that about any candidate until they were elected.

No but we would know your opinion of a lot of varied matters over time.

As to what you do in game while limited by the game mechanics is no way near as telling as to what you would like to see altered in those mechanics.

To put it simply Myanna is a filth stinking goon, by what is done in game I would recommend no one votes for him. However what he says in the forums is worth while to listen to, except maybe the huge chip on his shoulder but I think that is a must for goons.

So while you will get your friends to vote for you, no one else has a clue who you are.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Frying Doom
#24 - 2013-03-10 13:30:59 UTC
"Have you ever actually LIVED in wormholes? Or only moved your goods through them? "

I will not be responsding to complaints or any whining from this point forward, unless you actually have a valid question, you will not be responded to.

Please try to keep in mind, I am running under the pretense that, I will take all of your opions into consideration, will suggest ideas to the community and let them vote on the idea. If you are going to whine about something I propose, just save it.

So you are running on the blank canvas ticket?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Beckie DeLey
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-03-10 16:07:43 UTC
Dear lord, it's Issler v2.0.

My siren's name is Brick and she is the prettiest.

Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#26 - 2013-03-10 21:44:21 UTC
"Why do you feel your viewpoint is more valid"

I never said it was more valid. I said I had suggestions that would be up to vote.

"why do you feel you are in a position to change the game for vets who prefer the way it is?"

I don't. I would leave the proposed Ideas up to player vote.

I will repeat this as many times as neccesary until it is finally understood where I stand and what I am writing.
Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#27 - 2013-03-10 21:47:10 UTC
"So you are running on the blank canvas ticket?"

I have already represented what I am running on. Please reread the thread if you did not understand, or lack the adequet skill level in the english language, to comprehend the text I have posted.
Frying Doom
#28 - 2013-03-10 21:52:01 UTC
"So you are running on the blank canvas ticket?"

I have already represented what I am running on. Please reread the thread if you did not understand, or lack the adequet skill level in the english language, to comprehend the text I have posted.

No I am sorry, my level of English is not capable of decoding a poorly paragraphed wall of text.

My skills are inadequate while apparently yours are "adequet" for the task at hand.LolLolLol

Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#29 - 2013-03-10 23:21:04 UTC
Allow me to first clarify, that CSM (if it is unclear as to their function) does not make decisions in game development, they are merely a sphere of influence that respesents the voices of the community within EvE. I, myself, have no say other then to present the ideas and suggestions of EvE players relating to what they would like to see happen in their community and respected places within the game. While I may propose a concept to be changed in the game, it has no weight beyond what the players believe would be best. In other words, I would represent the players. My own opinion and beliefs would not matter, as it is up to the majority to decide what changes would be best to implement, and it is only my place to mediate between the players and CCP. My personal opinions do not matter as a CSM rep, it would only be the opinion of the players that I would represent.

My basic format for running for a CSM position is as follows:

If elected I would create a system of voting based on ideas proposed by the players of each respective community of the game. To be more specific:

I would found a democracratic way, in the forums, that would be specific and catar to each community. PvP, Industrial, Wormhole inhabitants, Explorers, ETC. Each communities players would present to me, what they consider to be problem areas that need fixing or improvements they would enjoy seeing take place. An example of how this would work would be the ideas I proposed earlier in this thread on wormholes.

Lets say I presented these ideas and the majority of the individuals, for whom it would effect most, believe that they are so radical that they would alter, or indeed ruin, wormhole space, then these ideas would go in the preverbial toilet and never be mentioned again, especially to CCP. I will not propose any idea to CCP, that firstly, has not been shown dominant support by the players of that community.

Please keep in mind that, as I stated before, I would only represent a voice. CCP makes the decisions. So while I may represent an idea, shown incredible backing by the players, and assist in cultivating how it can be made a reality, there will never be a guarentee they will even consider or implement it.

What I would guarentee is that if a provocative idea is recommended to me, with a curtail of why and/or how it can be done, I will do my best to represent it fully, and attend to the matter until it is concluded by player vote, rather or not, it would be an improvement or a folly, it would be your decisions that direct my voice.

I desire, ultimately, that each community within EvE is represented fairly, and evenly. I would not just be representing Miners, PVP'ers, null sec individuals, high sec or any one particular area of the game, but the entire scope of EvEs gameplay.

I would represent all communities, evenly, not just one.

I hope this has been helpful in explaining what my basis for running is, as it will not be clarified any further. However, I will answer questions on what I think about a particular area, or how an area of the game can be improved.
Frying Doom
#30 - 2013-03-11 00:14:17 UTC
While I will admit I do like the idea

It is the blank canvas ticket

and to be honest an automated voting system where the players anonymously voted on issues would save time and money in comparison.

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#31 - 2013-03-11 00:38:16 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
and to be honest an automated voting system where the players anonymously voted on issues would save time and money in comparison.

Didn't Night Beagle try that platform already?

Frying Doom
#32 - 2013-03-11 00:47:59 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Didn't Night Beagle try that platform already?

Night Beagle wrote:

CCP has offered us a representative system to voice our desires and concerns. Votes are cast for individual platforms proposing several game improvements favorable to our community. The people behind that platforms might deliver or not, and the trust put behind them is usually reflected in the number of votes.

I am giving you something different.

With the advent of new technologies, steps to to make your every vote count, steps toward direct democracy can be taken.
I am giving you the system of Liquid Democracy, where every player can directly vote for every single issue put or to be put forward in the CSM. In simple words, an electronic voting system that allows direct votes or every topic, but also includes the possibility to delegate votes.

Yep looks that way too me

Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#33 - 2013-03-11 02:08:25 UTC
Campaign strategies can often be similar and in this case, graciously so.

Fundamentally we need a great deal of CSM consolidation in addition to fixing long standing problems with the game itself.

CSM needs more solidarity in its role to give a louder voice to the players. Having a cohesive CSM base that stands for all player interests, instead of specific ones is key. I hope for several candidates to win that are of the same standing, that their should be unity within its ranks to pay attention, and represent, all game issues, not singular ones. Maybe this will be the year.

I am aware of a great deal of player issues that need to be addressed, not the least of which is the reinvigoration of null sec and the issues with the POS and finalizing the work that 2 step began. Their still is a great deal of work to be done, and having the candidates running that will address all off these issues, A to Z is key in having a powerful CSM this year. That is why I offer myself as a candidate. I share a great deal of my constituates, and their supporters, desires to see their areas addressed along side ship rebalancing on T3 and perhaps modification of industrial transport to a higher standard.

All of these issues need to be addressed evenly across the spectrum, not just have one CSM rep for this, and the another for that. The CSM should work in unison to address these issues and, with the players help, devise and institute solutions to close the gaps, fix the bugs, and finalize work that has already begun.

We need a CSM that all work together for everyones benefit.

We are in a progressive state of improvement for the time being, and I will represent all parties in EvE, to rectify the issues we currently face, we simply need the correct candidates, who are consistent, attentive, and possess the dedication to do so.

I believe I would make a good CSM candidate, not because I stand to gain, but because I stand for the players and their voices are the only ones that matter.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#34 - 2013-03-11 03:57:31 UTC
Campaign strategies can often be similar and in this case, graciously so.

Fundamentally we need a great deal of CSM consolidation in addition to fixing long standing problems with the game itself.

CSM needs more solidarity in its role to give a louder voice to the players. Having a cohesive CSM base that stands for all player interests, instead of specific ones is key. I hope for several candidates to win that are of the same standing, that their should be unity within its ranks to pay attention, and represent, all game issues, not singular ones. Maybe this will be the year.

I am aware of a great deal of player issues that need to be addressed, not the least of which is the reinvigoration of null sec and the issues with the POS and finalizing the work that 2 step began. Their still is a great deal of work to be done, and having the candidates running that will address all off these issues, A to Z is key in having a powerful CSM this year. That is why I offer myself as a candidate. I share a great deal of my constituates, and their supporters, desires to see their areas addressed along side ship rebalancing on T3 and perhaps modification of industrial transport to a higher standard.

All of these issues need to be addressed evenly across the spectrum, not just have one CSM rep for this, and the another for that. The CSM should work in unison to address these issues and, with the players help, devise and institute solutions to close the gaps, fix the bugs, and finalize work that has already begun.

We need a CSM that all work together for everyones benefit.

We are in a progressive state of improvement for the time being, and I will represent all parties in EvE, to rectify the issues we currently face, we simply need the correct candidates, who are consistent, attentive, and possess the dedication to do so.

I believe I would make a good CSM candidate, not because I stand to gain, but because I stand for the players and their voices are the only ones that matter.

Well, I will give you this. You are very good at speaking politically. That is, a lot of words bearing little or no content.

Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#35 - 2013-03-11 18:53:52 UTC
One idea that I would like to see proposed, and voted on, would change not only the interfacing of EvE, but the gameplay dynamics, economic state, and magnitude of the EvE universe itself. Recently I had a discussion with a small number of players on Tranquility and it was recommended that I submit the following to the forums in the hope it would gain a following and CCP may take an interest in implementing the idea. It is important to keep in mind, these are just suggestions and additional options that could be added to EvE, not all of it has to be accomplished for some of these improvements to be made.

Hijacking. Starting with the idea of creating either specialized ships, modules, and/or gear that would allow for the possibility of locking down or disabling critically damaged ships, or ships that would otherwise be destroyed, and 'incompacitating' into a status so that they would be, with specialized gear, "hijacked" and in effect, tractor beamed or 'towed' to a nearby location for reuse or to be exposed to a 'chop shop' type of refining that would allow for the ships to be broken down into their full set of available resources.

These chop shops would allow for players to gain a maximum profit from the ship they stole or allow them to repair or repacking them for personal use. The idea isen't without it's limitations. It was also suggested that there be a set of skills, equipment, or even a modified version of dust, that players would have to form a team, to use.

'infiltrating' the ship would require a specialize module or link that would prevent the ship from all movement while other players 'board' the ship and begin to take it over. Requiring an engine much like DUST or requiring CCP to ressurect the idea of in game avatars manueving through the ship. Using new skills, that would have to disable a self-destruct initiated by the owner of the ship, and use further specialized skills to disable lockout codes implemented by the player before they either eject from the ship and escape, or are killed in combat defending the ship.

This of course, would require a completely revolutionary and unique setup for the assaulting ships themselves, giving way to all ships, or at least certain ones, having the capability of ferrying multiple players/clones on one ship, or more, of certain types.
Limits could be set for players on board these ships, I.E. battlecruisers carry 3, battleships carry 5, and any other advanced types of ships carrying up to an entire squad.

This would require not only cohesion, but trust amongst their fellow players to board the ship for a proper takeover or hijacking. We also discussed, briefly, the possibility of docking clamps, which would leave the pirates ship preoccupied and completely immobile while their compatriots board the ship and execute the take over.

Docking clamps, entering another players ship, and even the ability to 'pacify' the ship would all require a great deal of not only training and coordination, but also a revolution (based off of EvEs already impressive gameplay and graphics from Incarna) that would involve players having the ability to view their ships from the inside at will. To include their cargo bays, interior hulls, and of course their own personal bridge that would be different ship to ship.
Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#36 - 2013-03-11 18:55:02 UTC
Mercenaries would have a new function, as docking crews, and would be able to formalize contracts for other aspects of gameplay as well EvEs avatar graphics can be used to navigate the ships and view the ships interior as well as space, from their bridge. Dust can be used for on ship combat, during which, pilots would decide to fight or choose flight. These aspects would all be chosen by the player, not manditory. You would be able to not only custom make the interior of your ship with select items. These ideas would not only add more in depth game play, but more realism as well. All these ideas put Incarna back onto the table and would give players an oppertunity to view the world of EvE from a first person perspective.

EvE is risk. Applying these new dynamics would require players to be more choosey about who they allow on board their ships, and would also give everyone a multitude of options for further, more realistic gameplay.

Rescue would be possible. Players, especially in pods, would be able (with the players permission) to enter into their ship and be harbored and/or transported to other locations, to include hijacking operations. Clone transport, human transport of an undetermined number of other players, as well as the probability of crews.

Crews would be useful for additional boosts on the existing ship. CPU, Powergrid, warp drive operation, and even weapons augmentations would be possible with crew members who had aquired new skills and potent neural implants. This feature would not only be useful for military operations, but industrial operations as well, to include, but not limited to, mining. Fundamental operations of the ships would work much like fleet command, except when a ships captain leaves, he can transfer command of the ship to a secondary commander, requring a completely radical overhaul of development in ship dynamics.

These features could give way to new opertunities for EvE players, to include hijacking, mutiny, or even a protocal for mass evacuation, given combat circumstances, possibly even democracy, if the captain gets out of hand.

The economy, which is always a concern in EvE, may not suffer, In fact, it may prosper due to the new game play. No one would be capable of anything i've mentioned above without new forms of training, specialized gear, mods, and links, and it could not and indeed, would not, be a single player operation. So, it would not become so common place as to overshadow the existing economy by impacting it through depletion of the purchase of mods or ships. Indeed, it would open a new market for gear (dust) training, modifications, new ships, and even warfare links. Not to mention customizable personal items for interiors of ships, decals, and personalized or customizable hull interiors. Drawbacks would create economic boosts as well, such as an entire docking bay full of hijackers being killed before they are deployed. More to come.

A specialized crew would be required for these, potentially profitable, operations. Taking, for instance, an Orca or Titan, would require a great deal of effort and would most likely meet in a decent or vast combat operation. The spoils would be, or course, the ship in its entirety. Using interior designs, the player would use the ships own dynamic layout to seek cover, coordinate attacks, and advance to the bridge, where ultimately, commander and crew can be fought for control. Of course there is always the risk of the pilot self destructing the vessel and killing all on board.

Everyone would not be capable of this proceedure and would leave, less experienced players, vulnerable to death or the entire crew vulnerable to destruction, adding an entire new aspect and thrill to gameplay.

The economy, as seems to be a main concern, can and most likely will be bolstered by the spoiles of war awared to those that overcome the adversity and survive the conflict, leading to not only glory and reputation, but further economic gain once those involved are rewarded for efforts put fourth. Chop shops are one idea that come to mine, for say, a Titan that has been taken by an entire squad of pirates. Once again, not everyone is capable of this, and in massive fleet battles would add a design of realism.
Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#37 - 2013-03-11 18:59:31 UTC
I do not plan on just fixing the existing problems in EvE but attempting to influence CCP, with player backing, to reuse some dead projects such as Incarna to widen the player base, and add all new alternatives and job classes to the game itself, as well as more indepth and detailed game play. EvE also needs new ideas to keep its life blood fresh and pumping. I do believe I can bring that to the table as well as representing the players collective interests, unifying the CSM to work cohesively towards the singular goal of universal representation for players, and fix existing problems within the game itself.
Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#38 - 2013-03-16 19:12:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Fixing our POS'.

It is an massive understatment, and incorrect assumption, the POS players are a minority in the community. Below is a combination of proposed issues, and their solutions, for the POS system.

More security features to include passcodes for each individuals hanger in the POS being accessable only through their personal password encryption. If it would be possible, even use the tower itself as an storage unit for those operating, and living out of, the POS. It would completely eliminate the risk of theft and encourage consolidation of a mass number of POS from the same corperation. A revision of the POS system in this manner would make it so, that it doesn't require the entrustment of every individual operating in the stations bounderies. It would keep players property safe, and eliminate the need for multiple POS for new members.

The interface, level of access, and even POS modules would require very little effort to modify and would make incredible leaps and bounds in its practicality and functionality. Eliminating the need to actually move from structure to structure inside the force field, in order to access, collect and store goods, refine, manuefacture, and store, would elleviate the frustration and painful tediousness of having to do so.

Include the ability to swap subsystems, the inability to do this alone is uncalled for. Needing a space station and its fitting service is illogical when it should, in theory, be just as viable to do it from a pos, carrier, orca etc. This makes it impossible to fit or change the subsystems inside a wormhole system.

POS revamp could include design changes that make them important for a wider group of players. Either by making it easier and more prevalent for players to have them, or by having the players that do have them, able to offer more services to your average player. An extension of the existing structure could be to allow the marketing of jobs for material research of blueprints to unknown players, or by standings.

Modify the refinery & reprocessing system. All NPC stations use variants of POS refineries/reprocessing modules. They all have a number of assembly lines which handle a certain volume of product per hour, at a particular efficiency, with associated job and time costs. New skills to enhance processing/refining line capacity per hour. POS refineries will generally be more efficient, higher capacity facilities while space stations will have less efficiency, rewarding all industrialists with bean counter implants. Currently, it is far more practical to move goods out of a wormhole and into a space station, saving time, and refining efficiency. Improving POS efficency and reduce NPC facility efficiency and give players motivation to utilize the POS.

Last but not least, simplify the placement of structures by implementing 'recommendation zones' for fast and proper spacing, especially on weapons. Having to consistentlt search a spot, through hit and miss for placement of structures, is frustrating, time consuming, and would require far less effort to establish and build your POS properly.

All of these changes would, once implemented, actually help to reduce server load as well, if the multiple number of POS per corperation, were no longer needed.The POS system has been neglected for far too long and it should be first and foremost as a priority for the CSM to represent and push CCP to give it the long over due attention it so rightfully deserves.
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
Templis CALSF
#39 - 2013-03-16 19:23:28 UTC
Maybe it's best if you go back to pretending you dont have opinions of your own...

(also, it might speak to your seriousness if you bothered to know which incumbents are running for reelection. I am not, thus have no candidacy platform)

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Grand Admiral Simo-Hayha
Vigilante Carebears
#40 - 2013-03-16 19:34:36 UTC
Suicide ganking in high sec.

Suicide ganking is, and always has been, a predominent issue with industrialist. Ganking for profit is still a method of money making that encourages a subgroup of players to wage open war on mining ops in high sec, while damaging the economy and driving miners away from systems and away from mining.

Ganking an exumer and having an alternate account that loots and salvages the wreck creates an oppertunity to make high sec ganking a profitable and dominant form of exploitation. Eliminating the profit margin, by making illegal combat non profitable would remove the insentive for suicide ganking in high sec. By making it impossible to loot or salvage wrecks in high security space that have been illegally destroyed would limit ganking further into an even smaller subgroup that will perform ganking for no other reason but entertainment.

Performing illegal attacks in high sec space should not have a dollar sign attacted to it.

By fixing this, it would encourage more players to use mining to accrue the isk they need for other profitable ventures, such as exploring and delving into lower security space, and would provide a more secure enviroment for miners to operate under, while enriching the economy further.

You can still get ganked, but they would be doing it, while losing their isk, and gaining nothing in return with the exception of bounties being collected, which is an acceptable form of law enforcement. This, of course, would not apply to low or null sec operations.