These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Now that the jukebox is gone...

First post First post
Author
afiz
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#161 - 2013-03-04 15:40:43 UTC  |  Edited by: afiz
Having Played this Game since Beta on multiple Accounts . I have seen several features being added / removed. As the notion in ≡v≡ Online was simple . Adapt or Go Away [ Give me your stuff while you are at it ] .

But the one aspect of ≡v≡ that really had me hooked on was the Sound Effects , Warp Sound Effects , Cyno Sound Effects, and the other effects which were ambient to the ≡v≡ Lore. Above all of them was the Music. Yes there were times when I did switch off the Audio. Because at times you just need to Mute it.

However, overall ≡v≡ music was a good, vibrant and something that was ≡v≡'s identity. I used to listen to ≡v≡'s music while playing the game and at times falling asleep [ got podded several times because of it lol. in 0.0/low ] But still it was part of ≡v≡

I listened to it so much that at times there would be that moment when I am driving my car and would hear it at a subconscious level. It was disturbing but hey its been over 9.5 Years [ my eve time ] .

Majority of the time I am in 0.0 / Low and the music theme was very effective in these environments.

But now with the system wide change in music and the removal of the Jukebox it just breaks all form of control and is just totally a pain in the palm. Alt Tabbing to Sound Cloud. I mean we got to register.

≡v≡ online was supposed to be a platform that is supposed to have all sort of connection within it.

CCP developed the browser for ≡v≡ so that pilots can stay in game , the point was to keep your clients / player base within the game but you are just forcing your customers to move to other software / resources to utilize your service.

I am sure you might have a plan to bring it back and I wish you do because ≡v≡ Music & the jukebox were an identity of ≡v≡ .

- Removal of Learning Skills - It was not required but you removed it , so now an alt/noob can skill up faster
- Adding of Skill Queue - Yes it has made life easier but hey, ≡v≡ was a simulator of " IT IS HARD " example- you arrived at your work 15 Minutes late your pay is deducted for those 15 minutes if you are working by the hour. OR if you went AFK on AP and passed through a lowsec u get PWNED BBQ SAUCE.
- Safety ?? - We are in space why was the 3 options added for safety. We are POD pilots so you mean to say that the DUST bunnies also have a " safety " feature on their weapons and their guns to enable / disable ?
- Duels ? seriously...
- Instead of doing duels / removing jukebox / adding safety features .. CCP shoud have aligned towards POS , Corporation Fixes, Outposts, Size of Carriers / MOMs .. and the hundreds of other features that should have been fixed or being fixed for almost 9.5 years

Phew . I feel a little Light now
[ Puts on "Carebear/Nullbear Jacket ]
Just my 2 cents.

/a
Bill Serkoff2
Tachyon Technology
#162 - 2013-03-08 02:38:55 UTC
Why even remove it? People can take it off their neocom themselves, it's ridiculous to just... remove it.
Plus, sometimes I like to choose my own song. What gives? What did removing it do? I hope this is a bug.

"The Cyclone and the Drake are two ships which will basically never be good for shield tanking, primarily because they have almost no lowslots in addition to shield tanking bonuses. " -Iam Widdershins

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2013-03-08 09:52:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Mocam
Bill Serkoff2 wrote:
Why even remove it? People can take it off their neocom themselves, it's ridiculous to just... remove it.
Plus, sometimes I like to choose my own song. What gives? What did removing it do? I hope this is a bug.

The devs replied on this. It was using old, outdated calls that... Well...

Either fix it (dedicating resources to "do it right" - not doing ships & stuff) or remove it before it corrupted other things.

Think of it like the green fur growing on "something" in a forgotten container in the back of the fridge - "fixing it up"? Nope - Toss it and either replace or don't. That was the kind of options they were looking at.
Sakkar Arenith
Kenmei Corporation
#164 - 2013-03-08 10:01:50 UTC
i for one really love the music, and even most sounds, the problem i, and probably everyone dual boxing has/have with music is the pain in the ass with multiple clients.

Seriously, how awesome would it be to predefine which client, or account rather, has what music/sound settings going?
Scanghis Khan
Unicorn Tea Party
#165 - 2013-03-09 19:58:12 UTC
Hi CCP,

Any change in response to several hundred people going out of their way to find this thread to get the Jukebox back? Certainly it would be a matter of pasting code back into a C++ line.

Hmmmm

Please?
Kurt Saken
Star Cluster Wanderer
#166 - 2013-03-09 20:43:51 UTC
Bring the jukebox back, for the sake of Zzhor.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#167 - 2013-03-09 21:21:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
afiz wrote:
≡v≡
(comment withdrawn) =)

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#168 - 2013-03-09 23:57:48 UTC
Kurt Saken wrote:

Also, where's the check box discussed in the first page?
A couple of months should be enough to press 1 button to put it on a window and then write 10 or so lines of code to implement the functionality.
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#169 - 2013-03-10 00:01:24 UTC
CCP RealX wrote:
Julia Reave wrote:
I just thought it might uselessly continue playing in the background, when I just turn the volume down.

That's why I was looking for the "stop" button :)

I'm looking into either to add a checkbox to make the music stop or when the slider goes to 0.0 that the the music system will also stop.

I like the music, although one thing I'd like to add as a feature is a hotkey to specifically turn off the music. This is a problem when running multiple accounts as the music doesn't sound good when you have multiple accounts playing different music.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#170 - 2013-03-10 00:18:51 UTC
I'd like to play with the music on occasionally, but since I'm deep in 0.0 space, all that ever plays is the same few variations of space static.

Cry
cmosh
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#171 - 2013-03-10 02:47:36 UTC
so they are making it so it plays music based on what you are doing ....great...so if a player who basically just does combat missions will only hear the same music because they are not involved...so i have to change my behavior to hear varied music...the music to eve is unique and very very fitting and certainly adds to the game in ways that are hard to understand, the mood and atmosphere ect...

they need to re add a playlist...i mean take away the browser i dont even use that its ******** using some half baked internet browser...give me playlist
Aldarin Prefect
Black Mesa Mining Company
#172 - 2013-03-10 05:15:18 UTC
It was a bad idea to take out the jukebox IMO. I like the EvE music and all but it was so nice being able to pull up my playlists in game. Makes it a little harder to mine or shoot stuff to some Rush.
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#173 - 2013-03-10 07:27:30 UTC
cmosh wrote:
so they are making it so it plays music based on what you are doing ....great...so if a player who basically just does combat missions will only hear the same music because they are not involved...so i have to change my behavior to hear varied music...the music to eve is unique and very very fitting and certainly adds to the game in ways that are hard to understand, the mood and atmosphere ect...

they need to re add a playlist...i mean take away the browser i dont even use that its ******** using some half baked internet browser...give me playlist

youtube.

or even soundcloud.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#174 - 2013-03-10 14:32:02 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Kurt Saken wrote:

Also, where's the check box discussed in the first page?
A couple of months should be enough to press 1 button to put it on a window and then write 10 or so lines of code to implement the functionality.

This.

Come on CCP. Please do it Smile.

Remove standings and insurance.

Obvious Cyno
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#175 - 2013-03-10 14:36:03 UTC
I slid my sound bars down a long time ago. Then i tried to slide them back up a few months ago and.. nothing.
Fiddled with settings trying to get sound back.. still nothing.

I guess the client got the hint Lol
Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#176 - 2013-03-10 17:08:09 UTC
Removing the jukebox is still one of the biggest and dumbest mistakes of all EVE time, the generic pile of utter trash that is the noise playing in low/null is retardedly lame and boring. The music is in the game, I used to be able to choose my favorite tracks and play them from ingame.
Why would you even remove this? CCPs recent work and "improvements" are idiotic to say the least.
cmosh
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#177 - 2013-03-10 17:23:13 UTC  |  Edited by: cmosh
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
cmosh wrote:

youtube.

or even soundcloud.

stupid answer

alt tabbing is great fun....
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#178 - 2013-03-10 17:33:42 UTC
It's about time CCP added an ingame RP radio that has chat shows and themed music for each race.

Gallente - Trance, House, Dance,

Minmatar - errrr same as above + metal and rock and tribal stuff

Amarr - Choir and Classical

Caldari - ???

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#179 - 2013-03-11 12:25:34 UTC
I've been hanging out in Z-M5A1 for a while and the music just never changes. Rather than turn off that godawful horror music when it first got tiresome, I left it on hour after agonizing hour, giving it the benefit of the doubt. But after a whole week of listening to that, it has yet to change even once. No matter what I was doing, the music was the same.

And I thought hearing the same five old jukebox themes over and over again in highsec was bad.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#180 - 2013-03-11 13:09:39 UTC
Yeah, the music in nullsec is terrible droning crap. I like a lot of the songs that play in highsec - I'd rather have something like that (even if it's out-of-place lively) than having the same note played for five minutes, then slowly transitioning to another note that's played for five minutes...

Enjoying the rain today? ;)