These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kill Rights Question

Author
Scanghis Khan
Unicorn Tea Party
#1 - 2013-03-09 19:47:59 UTC
Had a very surprising thing happen today. Undocked in Amarr, and 5 guys locked me and killed me. I am not involved in any wars, and none of them had personal kill rights on me.

After looking at killmails and some of the status timers, it looks like they bought kill rights on me because of a friend of theirs I messed with at some point. So, they got me. Good for them. I got owned.

What I'm wondering is, how did they get these rights? What are the things I do that allow someone to sell these rights? How are these rights sold?

imageshack.us

That is a link to a screenshot just after they podded me. Shows the kill rights they had, etc.

Any help?
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#2 - 2013-03-09 20:23:01 UTC
You can sell kill rights to either a particular person/group (corp, alliance) or the general public. Click kill rights in your character info and you can set the amount you want to sell it for.

If you don't have a kill right and want to see how it works you should take a clean updated clone (no implants) into lowsec and sit on an entry gate :)

You won't get much sympathy about kill right activation since you have obviously been a naughty boy. If you want to fly a shiny shop then get a friend to buy the right and kill your rookie ship first.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Sivren Ravenwood
Ravenwood Defense Industries
#3 - 2013-03-12 23:00:14 UTC
If you are wondering how to find people with them you can set up your over view to where there name flashs and when you click on the name there will be a little crosshair in the top right of the selected item tab click it and turn it on.
Rengerel en Distel
#4 - 2013-03-13 10:57:17 UTC
I'd suggest reading the patch notes, or talking to people once in a while too. It helps immensely in keeping up with changes to the game.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.