These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Ban Market Speculation

First post
Author
Bob Killan
Dzark Asylum
#41 - 2013-03-08 13:57:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Bob Killan
flakeys wrote:

Come on guys let's all throw some isk together to help out homeles mu-shi , guys looking through the trash for something to eat P

Speak to VV, he likes his Sca......I mean...Charity Funds.

GreenSeed wrote:

Montevius Williams wrote:
2. Remove the margin trading scam

no

Agreed simply because there is no margin trading "Scam" there is only a list of orders and a price required to purchase an item from that list. There are also Stupid people who like to buy over priced junk.
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#42 - 2013-03-08 16:46:36 UTC
Bob Killan wrote:
flakeys wrote:

Come on guys let's all throw some isk together to help out homeles mu-shi , guys looking through the trash for something to eat P

GreenSeed wrote:

Montevius Williams wrote:
2. Remove the margin trading scam

no

Agreed simply because there is no margin trading "Scam" there is only a list of orders and a price required to purchase an item from that list. There are also Stupid people who like to buy over priced junk.

Yup, I don't see how any scams happen.

when a margin order fails, the person with the items, keeps the items.

and the person with the escrow gets the escrow returned. ( minus taxes )

yes

Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#43 - 2013-03-09 16:41:58 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:
Yup, I don't see how any scams happen.

when a margin order fails, the person with the items, keeps the items.

and the person with the escrow gets the escrow returned. ( minus taxes )

So the scam is that all parties except the guy 'scamming' gets to keep what they had?

Looks like a scam to me, the scammer definitely got scammed here.

Nyan

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#44 - 2013-03-09 17:07:51 UTC
Bob Killan wrote:
Quote:

Speak to me, all I can say are some facts:

- There's only 1 Charity fund.

- It's setup since late 2010, accounting started on beginning of 2011.

- It's grown to about 100B before it got donated to CCP the first time.

- It's back up to about 60B worth of assets, 67.3B counting the Sister Funds.

It cumulated with other operations such as up to 7 concurrent investments or 100B items funds.
It cumulated with collateral holdings 2 of which still running.

I think at the height of everything being set up I have been trusted with about 200B (self hard capped).

As long as I live in RL, people won't be scammed.
If CCP listened to my repeated pleas to implement automatic account ownership transfer after a certain time out (useful in case of owner's death or inability to play) then I could even be sure people would not be scammed in case of my untimely demise. I could never repose in peace knowing people would believe I scammed them just because death prevented me to give them back their stuff Cry.
Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#45 - 2013-03-09 17:34:30 UTC
Garr Khan wrote:
It's unfair to end-user market participants, results in wild price swings that are entirely disconnected from the underlying value of the asset in question, is blatant meta-gaming that adds nothing to the gaming experience, and is dominated by groups that refer to themselves using offensive religio-ethnic slurs... Discuss...

So your basicly complaining about best real market implementation in mmo´s anywhere? Value of any given item is dependandt on what someone is willing to pay for it.

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Garr Khan
Grey Area Operations
#46 - 2013-03-09 20:43:30 UTC
Dasola wrote:
Garr Khan wrote:
It's unfair to end-user market participants, results in wild price swings that are entirely disconnected from the underlying value of the asset in question, is blatant meta-gaming that adds nothing to the gaming experience, and is dominated by groups that refer to themselves using offensive religio-ethnic slurs... Discuss...

So your basicly complaining about best real market implementation in mmo´s anywhere? Value of any given item is dependandt on what someone is willing to pay for it.

Marx and Engels taught us that the Value of an item is derived from its use-value and the labor input involved in it's construction; the idea of 'value' being somehow dependent on the price it was most recently transacted at is a capitalist lie meant to excuse the extraction of rent and profit from laborers...
Nitrogen Isotopes
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-03-09 21:23:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Nitrogen Isotopes
Garr Khan wrote:
Marx and Engels taught us that the Value of an item is derived from its use-value and the labor input involved in it's construction; the idea of 'value' being somehow dependent on the price it was most recently transacted at is a capitalist lie meant to excuse the extraction of rent and profit from laborers...

Using cost and value as economic synonyms is a tool used to strip the freedom of one individual to interact with another perpetrated by people that add a moral and ethical significance to money beyond the trade it facilitates.
Jaq Royale
Royale Strategic Imperative
#48 - 2013-03-10 16:20:25 UTC
No.
erm, you're goon, nvm
Previous page123