These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Assault ships vs destroyers

Author
Simon Krait
#41 - 2013-03-09 04:45:18 UTC
Karig'Ano Keikira wrote:

- also I wonder about typical small FW plex setups - as far as I have seen so far, small dessy fleets seem popular, but I don't remember seeing (a lot of) AFs, don't really understand why

You can get a fully T2 fit destroyer for less than the price of an unfit AF. You can fly a reasonably fit destroyer with relatively low number of SP. I'd imagine that a lot of FW corps probably have destroyers and T1 fittings available in their corp hangar.

Destroyers are cheap and effective ships that nearly everyone can fly.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#42 - 2013-03-09 05:35:42 UTC
vengeance is currently my favorite anti destroyer AF. As long it stays at a 1vs1 it should win most of the time. (haven't fought the catalyst yet for some reason, but it think i met all other destroyers so far.)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Ira Infernus
CERTIFIED DEMONS
DEMONS ENABLED
#43 - 2013-03-10 14:18:37 UTC
My wolf has eaten thrashers many times. Not much experience with other dessies as no one seems to fly anything else. It does cut it close and the wolf does have a c-type anp, c type rep, and a 400mm plate.

Vengeance would most definately be able to take on a dessie IMO.
Previous page123