These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A Response to New Order and James 315

Author
Skorpynekomimi
#181 - 2013-03-02 17:46:52 UTC
They claim the high-sec MINER is ruining eve. Which is fairly true, actually. They provide nothing except materials while boring themselves to tears, or while AFK.

Economic PVP

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#182 - 2013-03-02 17:50:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Hannah Flex wrote:
You gotta fight for your right to play MMO's solo and gather resources AFK ITT

You don't have to. CCP will give it to you.
Ryu Ibarazaki wrote:
Grey Finger wrote:
When are these people going to grow a pair, and stop finding excuses why they should attack the defenceless.

Defenseless? You mean the defenseless miners that have CONCORD and new tanky mining ships given them by CCP? Those defenseless?

It doesn't count when CCP is doing it, they are defenceless and need more CONCORD and tank-buffed ships. More. Forever.

Think about nullsec - when you work to defend youself, things must be made worse for you. Thus, the less you do, the more you must be protected.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#183 - 2013-03-02 18:03:42 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Hannah Flex wrote:

Ryu Ibarazaki wrote:
Grey Finger wrote:
When are these people going to grow a pair, and stop finding excuses why they should attack the defenceless.

Defenseless? You mean the defenseless miners that have CONCORD and new tanky mining ships given them by CCP? Those defenseless?

It doesn't count when CCP is doing it, they are defenceless and need more CONCORD and tank-buffed ships. More. Forever.

Think about nullsec - when you work to defend youself, things must be made worse for you. Thus, the less you do, the more you must be protected.

Never not whine about getting bumped ganked etc
S'Way
State War Academy
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-03-02 18:08:01 UTC
So what I can gather reading this thread is miners have a few options besides buying a permit from the gankers :-

1. move somewhere quieter where there's better roids and no gankers.
2. fly a properly tanked mining ship (yes it is possible to tank one - look at a skiff for example).
3. park an alt flying an ECM ship in the belt to deter some.
4. play EvE as a group game and mine in alliance space with your blues.
5. do nothing and keep whining about how the game mechanics are broken while losing ships and ignoring all the other options.

I think we all know which one of those most high sec miners will end up taking. Roll
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#185 - 2013-03-03 05:19:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
S'Way wrote:
So what I can gather reading this thread is miners have a few options besides buying a permit from the gankers :-

2. fly a properly tanked mining ship (yes it is possible to tank one - look at a skiff for example).
5. do nothing and keep whining about how the game mechanics are broken while losing ships and ignoring all the other options.

I think we all know which one of those most high sec miners will end up taking. Roll

And eventually CCP will have to intervene to correct a small imbalance in playstyles. More buffs to barges, please Big smile

Just a minor rebalancing, as ganking is overpowered and needs to be balanced. Enjoy a new, more balanced EVE Online experience.

Note: Ganking has a weight of 0 in a perfectly balanced EVE Online experience. Please watch warmly (and safely) as we move towards this shining ideal of harsh and cold existences. Without gankers, they froze in the cold.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Agent Trask
Doomheim
#186 - 2013-03-03 19:29:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Agent Trask
Estella Osoka wrote:

Yep, no need for the passive targeter. If your gonna killmail *****, mine as well do it right. Hmmm...where do these guys patrol? I may get bored this weekend, and feel the need to pad my killboard.

Kamio, Halaima, and other nearby ice belt systems.

And it might even be profitable.

Miners keep posting useless bounties on us, so you might as well get some of that ISK.

Join the New Order, buy your permit today, and follow the code.

www.minerbumping.com

Renfro Anzomi
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#187 - 2013-03-08 11:48:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Renfro Anzomi
Redacted
pussnheels
Viziam
#188 - 2013-03-08 12:05:09 UTC
what those socalled high sec pvp zealots like james and his disciples fail to realize that if they had their way there would be no EVE
they call themselves pvpers , but they are too afraid to engage in real pvp so they grief people who can't fire back , low and null sec are too scary for them because people there actually do shoot back, can you imagine the look on their faces when people shoot back
they fail too realze rgat without industry they probably be flying rookie ships within a month and that even a single plex doesn't even cover the prize of a unfitted t1 cruiser hull
They claim that it would be a better more immersive EVE ; but again they fail to realize that people are here to play EVE and not a high scale arcade game

overall james and his disciples are a small but loud minority who are shortsighted and egoistic in nature , they want you to play their game not you playing your own game

it is better to ignore them complete

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#189 - 2013-03-08 12:06:36 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
what those socalled high sec pvp zealots like james and his disciples fail to realize that if they had their way there would be no EVE
they call themselves pvpers , but they are too afraid to engage in real pvp so they grief people who can't fire back , low and null sec are too scary for them because people there actually do shoot back, can you imagine the look on their faces when people shoot back
they fail too realze rgat without industry they probably be flying rookie ships within a month and that even a single plex doesn't even cover the prize of a unfitted t1 cruiser hull
They claim that it would be a better more immersive EVE ; but again they fail to realize that people are here to play EVE and not a high scale arcade game

overall james and his disciples are a small but loud minority who are shortsighted and egoistic in nature , they want you to play their game not you playing your own game

Lol

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#190 - 2013-03-08 13:27:20 UTC
pussnheels wrote:

Big smile
Miss Skull Candy
Doomheim
#191 - 2013-03-09 19:24:30 UTC
pussnheels wrote:

This Post is full of awsomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#192 - 2013-03-09 19:26:22 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
pussnheels wrote:

Big smile

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaaha.

"The same"
"could"
"be said" of
"all goons"

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#193 - 2013-03-09 19:29:57 UTC
Their utter ignorance is revealed in their statements reflecting their inability to grasp the simple, simple concept of a SANDBOX.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#194 - 2013-03-09 20:37:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Beekeeper Bob
S'Way wrote:

Very possible. I have a limited amount of sympathy for people who don't make any effort to defend themselves.
But since the ganking is being paid for by the endless moon-goo train, the gankers don't care how many ships they lose.

If you make them fail a gank, they'll simply bring twice as many cataylsts. I can go out to the belt, and kill a couple of them, but when they bring five ships to kill a retriever, no amount of tank will help.

I'm all for player driven content, but when the players driving content have such unabashed hatred of a large segment of the game i.e. highsec, I'm really not sure what CCP expected when they made this possible. What?

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#195 - 2013-03-09 20:38:25 UTC
You know what confuzzles me? That people don't know what this is really about.

Read and learn: James 315 Business Plan

Subsequent links to this whole venture can be found here: More info

Seriously, learn to EVE.
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#196 - 2013-03-09 20:47:15 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:

Seriously, learn to EVE.

Seriously, no one cares what it's about......

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#197 - 2013-03-09 20:50:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Hannah Flex wrote:

Ryu Ibarazaki wrote:
Grey Finger wrote:

"CONCORD does not provide protection, it provides consequences."

old EVE saying

calling CONCORD a "defense [mechanism]" is pretty misleading imho.

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#198 - 2013-03-09 21:00:21 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

Seriously, learn to EVE.

Seriously, no one cares what it's about......

So says you.
Kamden Line
Sovereign Citizen and other Tax Evasion Schemes
#199 - 2013-03-09 21:02:06 UTC
CSM voting list:

1. Malcanis
2. James_315
3. The Mittani
4-14. people in Jita local
Dave Stark
#200 - 2013-03-09 21:04:31 UTC
Kamden Line wrote: