These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suddenly, a new Torment game (as in planescape: torment)

Author
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-03-06 20:47:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
Torment: Tides of Numenera. Another kickstarter funded project, that started today and got financed in a few hours. I never thought they'd have any interest in continuing to make such games, since it's so long since the first one. It seems publishers just weren't interested in funding another one, but players seem to want one. I know I'm an idiot for getting excited about a game at this point, but I'm pretty happy about the prospect of having a new generation of proper RPGs in the making.

Big smile
Kaahles
Jion Keanturi
#2 - 2013-03-07 01:15:38 UTC
Considering inExile also makes Wasteland 2 right now and it seems the release could already be this year, plus what we've got to see so far is pretty nice... yeah sure one can get exited about it at this point. Plus a game that is getting a Linux version is always something to look forward to no matter if it releases in 1, 2 or 3 years time :-D
Safai
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-03-07 01:17:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Safai
TAKE MY MONEY, INXILE!

TAKE IT!

So many CRPGs on the horizon Big smile
Graygor
1kB Realty
#4 - 2013-03-07 02:56:51 UTC
Safai wrote:
TAKE MY MONEY, INXILE!

TAKE IT!

So many CRPGs on the horizon Big smile

This.

I cant wait for cyberpunk 2077 / this / the possibility of another infinity engine baldurs gate 3. It feels like 2000 all over again.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-03-07 15:13:42 UTC
It only happens once in a while in this day and age, but this actually looks promising. Think I am gonna back it.
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#6 - 2013-03-07 16:28:50 UTC
My Purse... is now empty :P

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-03-07 16:47:38 UTC
MUST...NOT....FAP....

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Sidus Isaacs
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-03-08 13:11:36 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
My Purse... is now empty :P

I threw a few dollars their way as well. Had to et a fancy pants tier. Been waiting for a CRPG like this for about 15 years, hopefully they can pull it off.
Graygor
1kB Realty
#9 - 2013-03-08 13:18:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Graygor
I just noticed the rewards down the bottom.

The $1,000 donation is calling to me. I gave them $100 but I want Graygor to be an NPC....

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Sidus Isaacs
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-03-08 13:39:00 UTC
Graygor wrote:
I just noticed the rewards down the bottom.

The $1,000 donation is calling to me. I gave them $100 but I want Graygor to be an NPC....

1000$ is starting to become a little bit more than pocket change, so I had to settle for 130 as well :)
Graygor
1kB Realty
#11 - 2013-03-08 13:56:24 UTC
Yeah... that and the mrs would cut my nuts off if she saw the credit card bill.

Might have to show this to my boss on monday and convince her that if we donate $10k or more it would be great advertising for our company. Though I doubt it... but I want to be an NPC!!!!!

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-03-09 18:24:21 UTC
I hope you all realize this will have no relation to the Planescape setting at all. You won't see any returning characters. It's not even a D&D setting. It's science fantasy, kind of like what you saw of Mars in John Carter. Which was excellent. But if you're expecting a return to Sigil in any way, you're in for a disappointment.
Sidus Isaacs
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-03-11 13:08:08 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
I hope you all realize this will have no relation to the Planescape setting at all. You won't see any returning characters. It's not even a D&D setting. It's science fantasy, kind of like what you saw of Mars in John Carter. Which was excellent. But if you're expecting a return to Sigil in any way, you're in for a disappointment.

Indeed. Tbh, I am actually happy it is an entirely new setting! And Monte Cooks Numenera setting sounds great.

New options, more creative freedom, new interesting stories and characters set in a new world with new possibilities. All around awesome.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#14 - 2013-03-15 18:38:46 UTC
Had some time to take a look at the various descriptions about it and while it has nothing to do with The Best cRPG of all Times (so far) it seems to me that this will be more of a (spiritual) sucessor to PS:T than Bioshock was to System Shock or Fallout 3 to its predecessors.

Anyway, funding is now well on its way to 3 million so there is a realistic chance to come out at 4 million and above at the end.
Just shows that there IS a demand for games that provide more than some fancy graphics and mindless mouse-clicking...

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#15 - 2013-04-05 20:04:05 UTC
Quick update here:
With over 4 million dollar, this project has become the most funded video game in Kickstarters history so far.

Still a few hours to go for anyone who wants to support the sucessor of the best cRPG of all times!

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]