These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Will EON Magazine be discontinued?

Author
Tavin Aikisen
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#21 - 2013-03-08 00:50:38 UTC
The main selling point for me was the artwork, Chronicles and opinionated columns. They were nice to read.

"Remember this. Trust your eyes, you will kill each other. Trust your veins, you can all go home."

-Cold Wind

Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-03-08 02:37:19 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
SunTsu Rae wrote:
So, GM's? Dev's? Bueller ? Bueller? Big smile

Any news on the Plex for EON that was done for Issue 29 ?Question

I think digital is nonsense, can't use a digital copy while in the "Library" using "Crapper's Valveless Water Waste Preventer". Shocked

Ya got to have something in your hand when you get in to the enevitable argument over which tank works better, and you check to see if your adversaries skull, err I mean hull tank is effective .Blink " thwack !"

Sure you can, surface, iPad etc.

Not if you don't own an Ipad or other tablet..Besides, I already paid my subs for the magazine and if it has been scrapped then CCCP owe me some cash. I subbed from issue 28 and so far I have only received 2 copies!! Yes they do a digital copy, but I can't take that to my village pub and sit in the beer garden with it.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#23 - 2013-03-08 23:38:19 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:

Not if you don't own an Ipad or other tablet..Besides, I already paid my subs for the magazine and if it has been scrapped then CCCP owe me some cash. I subbed from issue 28 and so far I have only received 2 copies!! Yes they do a digital copy, but I can't take that to my village pub and sit in the beer garden with it.

I am also in mid-subscription although CCP does not own Eon. I think my card statement gets billed by MMM Publishing in London, not our friends in Iceland. I don't know if we will get a credit card refund, but I am hoping we can get store credit towards the Eve maps (mine is outdated) or posters from MMM.
Lolmer
Merciless Reckoning
#24 - 2013-03-26 01:50:48 UTC
Castelo Selva wrote:
Fist, thanks to all responses.

Skippermonkey wrote:
With these forums, CCP social media (facebook, twitter, etc) countless player blogs, alliance/corp out of game forums and popular 'news' websites like Mittani and EN24, there is little that EON can report on that hasnt already been reported.

Basically, what reason do i have to buy EON when everything they print i already know about

Yeah, I agree that the magazine usually do not have something really new, but I share the same vision of Krixtal Icefluxor. After all, and as I said before, the printed stuffs are always good to show to someone.
I leave my EON at my work desk, and almost everyone how came to my office ask about what it is, and look some pages. The visual of eve is very impressive, at least. I believe in the value of it, and I will be very sad if the printed magazine gets discontinued. I really hope not, but who knows.

Well, someone at CCP should know.. Give some light to us CCP, please.

Same, I have my already read issues at work on my desk, along with "The Iron Tide" poster on my wall, and have gotten two co-workers into EvE (one used to play and is now back, another is new), along with others interested, but not yet joined. It's great marketing and a fun non-work conversation.
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-03-27 10:18:55 UTC
I sent in a polite petition about this and received a refund from CCP, they also gave me the option of a cash refund or plex per issue owed....So well done to them Big smile

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#26 - 2013-03-27 10:34:10 UTC
In case some missed it, EON is indeed dead.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/end-of-an-eon/
Dudley Schwartz
Magic Hamsters
Pandora Hearts
#27 - 2013-03-28 07:37:54 UTC
I am one of many people who are sad that EON has ended. Are there any other reasons other than not enough sales, why EON Magazine has come to an end?

If EON are having cash flow issues, we should throw together a PLEX drive, and get our beloved magazine back in publication...

any thoughts?

Jita 4/4, the heart and soul of New Eden.

nara Arkaral
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-04-03 05:29:59 UTC
i don't know if this is nerdy or not, but i'm thinking of making a slip cover for the eon magazine collection like this...
but make it with the slick, cardboard that the eve ship models have :/
B'aldrick Aivoras
EVE University
Ivy League
#29 - 2013-04-29 17:01:24 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:
I sent in a polite petition about this and received a refund from CCP, they also gave me the option of a cash refund or plex per issue owed....So well done to them Big smile

When I found out, the magazine was dying, a splash screen advertised remaining stock so I bought it about 6 weeks ago. I'm still waiting and have contacted MMM publishing with no reply so far.

Anyone else have this issue?

It reflects badly on CCP I feel if they advertise services from a supplier that can't fulfil their orders.

How do I petition CCP about this please? - in-game or otherwise?
Previous page12