These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Trading in Wormholes

Author
Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#21 - 2013-03-07 12:57:58 UTC
Banana1x wrote:
Sol Weinstein wrote:
So, what's the next big idea? "Station guns" ? Some form of "police" to protect it?

Nah. No thanks.

Thank you.

You're adding nothing to the discussion, you've now started objecting to your own ideas. I don't mind a healthy debate, but come on mate, stop trolling.

Right, I think I can put his issue into a nutshell version for you:

By having any sort of market, with orders and such, anyone in said wormhole will know who the trader is and can then track and monitor them. They will have to return to that point at some time and when they do, bye bye, pod express back to high sec.

Trading in a WH isn't really required, considering the following:

1: Almost any time you come across anyone unknown in a WH, the **** is going to hit the fan or someones getting the **** out pretty fast.

2: The isolation of WH's prevents reasonable market use. Aside from someone in your own organisation buying your goods, (which they can probably just take from the CHA anyway,) you would only be supplying the competion. Thats not good for business.

3: With no local, your sale container would basically be a gank magnet. There are plenty already in WH's.

I think that about covers it.
Anthar Thebess
#22 - 2013-03-07 13:07:30 UTC
I like the idea - as long you will have on your kill mail - all the things that where on this market when you destroyed it.
DJ P0N-3
Table Flippendeavors
#23 - 2013-03-07 14:37:47 UTC
I'm all for an in-POS module that functions as a vending machine for your corp, but why would you ever want a free trading hub in w-space? There's no competition in each trade hub, so prices will be astronomical because sooner or later someone will be dumb enough to buy from you. Why would I want to buy from anyone who sets up the trade hub, anyway? I endorse a healthy population of PvPers in w-space, but that doesn't mean I want to give money directly to my foes for an overpriced skillbook. I know how to get out to a trade hub when I really want to. The only thing that ever stops me is my own laziness.
Onomerous
Caldari Black Hand
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#24 - 2013-03-07 14:51:08 UTC
No, WH are just fine. And yes, it would give free intel. Please don't break the only good part of EVE!!
Seranova Farreach
Biomass Negative
#25 - 2013-03-07 16:56:32 UTC
allow WH people to build a station (see nullsec mechanics) and the station can be OPEN to EVERYONE or only to BLUE.

[u]___________________ http://i.imgur.com/d9Ee2ik.jpg[/u]

Previous page12