These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Trading in Wormholes

Author
Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-03-07 04:35:56 UTC
It seems like a missed opportunity some fun in Worm Holes that there is no market available.

I think we should have a deployable structure that acts as a trading hub. Works as normal, you can place buy and sell orders and you can only see the the current WH trading hub for the WH you're in. You wont be able to dock, just get near it and you can trade. So during your daily scanning down activities, you might to keep note of which Worm Holes are selling what, look up their worm hole in staticmapper, figure out if they're a bunch of theives or do-goody carebares and see how many guns you need to bring to the table to make a trade.

There's no safety net, no carebare hand holding. If you wanna trade, bring some friends for safety. Blood thirsty PvPers can bait you with delicious market deals that certainly are too good to be true. It should make for some tense mexican standoffs as you get the hell out of dodge with your new shineys.

Sol Weinstein
Lunatic Warfare Federation
#2 - 2013-03-07 04:38:03 UTC
Banana1x wrote:
It seems like a missed opportunity some fun in Worm Holes that there is no market available.

I think we should have a deployable structure that acts as a trading hub. Works as normal, you can place buy and sell orders and you can only see the the current WH trading hub for the WH you're in. You wont be able to dock, just get near it and you can trade. So during your daily scanning down activities, you might to keep note of which Worm Holes are selling what, look up their worm hole in staticmapper, figure out if they're a bunch of theives or do-goody carebares and see how many guns you need to bring to the table to make a trade.

There's no safety net, no carebare hand holding. If you wanna trade, bring some friends for safety. Blood thirsty PvPers can bait you with delicious market deals that certainly are too good to be true. It should make for some tense mexican standoffs as you get the hell out of dodge with your new shineys.

Then people would ***** up a storm at how this is "intel". Get ready for the TurdStorm.

Thank you.
Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-03-07 04:42:23 UTC
Sol Weinstein wrote:

Then people would ***** up a storm at how this is "intel". Get ready for the TurdStorm.

Thank you.

I don't quite understand, can you explain a bit more.

Sol Weinstein
#4 - 2013-03-07 04:59:31 UTC
People moan and complain about "local intel" all day long on these forums. Your idea presents a form of FREE intel into a WH.

Thank you.

Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-03-07 05:09:54 UTC
Sol Weinstein wrote:
People moan and complain about "local intel" all day long on these forums. Your idea presents a form of FREE intel into a WH.

Thank you.

I'm puzzled, how did you get from trading hub to free intel? There's no intel being exchanged here other than available trade orders and existing game mechanics within worm holes. You're really not making yourself clear or maybe I'm missing something. Just step through a scenario on how intel is to be gleamed from this.
Sol Weinstein
#6 - 2013-03-07 05:12:50 UTC
Banana1x wrote:
Sol Weinstein wrote:

Thank you.

I'm puzzled, how did you get from trading hub to free intel? There's no intel being exchanged here other than available trade orders and existing game mechanics within worm holes. You're really not making yourself clear or maybe I'm missing something. Just step through a scenario on how intel is to be gleamed from this.

Names show on market orders. Tracks who has been there. It's FREE intel.

Thank you.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#7 - 2013-03-07 05:14:58 UTC
To improve... perhaps make the Trade hub a deployable POS stucture? Not quite sure of the mechanics but if say it was a POS module that could only be deployed outside the maximum range of the POS guns.... or in range perhaps. It introduces an element of risk if the POS owner has it only to reagress or if its just bait for the silly.

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Sol Weinstein
#8 - 2013-03-07 05:20:28 UTC
The idea of the WH is the life of a Nomad. This goes against it. I don't see this happening.

Again... FREE intel. The ENTIRE reason WHs were implemented gets thrown out.

No. There are people moaning about the null intel all over these forums. A market goes against the idea of the Nomad lifestyle of WHs.

No thanks.

Thank you.
Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-03-07 05:20:44 UTC
Sol Weinstein wrote:

Thank you.

Yeah I give up, I don't know where you're going with that and you don't seem to be prepared to actually discuss it other than some fragments of information. If you put something together a bit more coherent I'll try my best to respond.
Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-03-07 05:22:27 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
To improve... perhaps make the Trade hub a deployable POS stucture? Not quite sure of the mechanics but if say it was a POS module that could only be deployed outside the maximum range of the POS guns.... or in range perhaps. It introduces an element of risk if the POS owner has it only to reagress or if its just bait for the silly.

I was thinking of a structure that would not be a deployable POS structure for obvious reasons.
Sol Weinstein
#11 - 2013-03-07 05:22:56 UTC
Banana1x wrote:
Sol Weinstein wrote:

Thank you.

Yeah I give up, I don't know where you're going with that and you don't seem to be prepared to actually discuss it other than some fragments of information. If you put something together a bit more coherent I'll try my best to respond.

Scroll up.

It gives FREE intel. Do some searching. People moaning about FREE intel all over these forums.

Thank you.

Bizheep
Advanced Technology
#12 - 2013-03-07 05:24:36 UTC
im indifferent about the idea per se, but i dont see the problem about the free intel, it only keep a trace if you buy sell stuff, you can stay totally unseen if you dont make any trade
Sol Weinstein
#13 - 2013-03-07 05:25:54 UTC
So, what's the next big idea? "Station guns" ? Some form of "police" to protect it?

Nah. No thanks.

Thank you.
Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-03-07 05:26:32 UTC
Bizheep wrote:
im indifferent about the idea per se, but i dont see the problem about the free intel, it only keep a trace if you buy sell stuff, you can stay totally unseen if you dont make any trade

Exactly. It allows commerce for those that want to trade and it allows bait for those that want action.
Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-03-07 05:29:19 UTC
Sol Weinstein wrote:
So, what's the next big idea? "Station guns" ? Some form of "police" to protect it?

Nah. No thanks.

Thank you.

You're adding nothing to the discussion, you've now started objecting to your own ideas. I don't mind a healthy debate, but come on mate, stop trolling.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#16 - 2013-03-07 05:35:09 UTC
I agree with the life of the Nomad aspect, but some of us take it as a frontier mentality, and want to setup a trading fort in the wilderness. And I think for those exact reasons you think it unwise to put at a POS tower, that it should be there. Its yours, its risky for both parties to advertise its presence, and to approach.

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Banana1x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-03-07 05:43:11 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
I agree with the life of the Nomad aspect, but some of us take it as a frontier mentality, and want to setup a trading fort in the wilderness. And I think for those exact reasons you think it unwise to put at a POS tower, that it should be there. Its yours, its risky for both parties to advertise its presence, and to approach.

I'm of much the same opinion. The C1-C3 wormholes can allow for nomad operations, but yeah the C4-C6 are certainly much more akin to a frontier operation; it's the wild west of space.

As for the POS, to be honest I was unsure of the aggression mechanics, but a quick google search shows that it's configurable based on standings. So yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe it should be a module of a POS that's accessible outside the shield. That makes for even more interesting gameplay.
Sol Weinstein
#18 - 2013-03-07 05:57:37 UTC
Banana1x wrote:
Kirjava wrote:

I'm of much the same opinion. The C1-C3 wormholes can allow for nomad operations, but yeah the C4-C6 are certainly much more akin to a frontier operation; it's the wild west of space.

As for the POS, to be honest I was unsure of the aggression mechanics, but a quick google search shows that it's configurable based on standings. So yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe it should be a module of a POS that's accessible outside the shield. That makes for even more interesting gameplay.

Perhaps it can have it's own shield. Because you, or a module on a POS, cannot target inside of those types of shields. Thus, preventing any unwanted aggression. Also, maybe this is a module (with the shields) that has to be anchored at a Planet/Customs office, cannot be bubbled within X km, yada yada yada.

Maybe it is time for a new "outpost" for WHs ?? Something with a POS style bubble that you can 'anchor' to and allow some very limited interactions with.

I'm sure CCP is working on it.

Thank you.

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#19 - 2013-03-07 06:07:45 UTC
wtf

SealWarrior
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-03-07 09:02:57 UTC
Banana1x wrote:

This topic has already been covered in the following thread:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=212803&find=unread

This(my) thread, clearly states a sort of trade structure with the given posibilities.. Be Green, don't create duplicates.
12Next page